Pin-up icon Bettie Page has died

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Bettie Page, one of America's most photographed pin-up girls during the 1950s, died in Los Angeles on Thursday from pneumonia, her agent said. She was 85.

Page was a ubiquitous sight during the 1950s, propelled to stardom when she posed for Playboy as Miss January 1955. Soon her image was gracing playing cards, record albums and bedroom posters across the country.

Her agent, Mark Roesler, said Page was admitted to a Los Angeles-area hospital four weeks ago. She never regained consciousness after suffering a heart attack earlier this month.

Full story here

Attachments

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Wow. I'm shocked.

Her BDSM photos were pioneering, but the Florida beach photo set that she did was amazing. She looked like a healthy, shapely, all-natural, happy, sexy raven-haired vixen.

To think that she gave up erotica for Jesus. :frown1:

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
I was alwasys a fan of hers....

For those that live or have lived in the Boston area, there is a club in Cambridge called The Manray.

Manray Nightclub. Home to the Boston Underground

I used to go there some 15-16+ years ago when home on leave. I remember one night they had an auction where you could purchase people that put themselves up for bid and then they were yours for the night. The Manray had various BDSM type "equipment" scattered over part of the first floor and down in the basement. So you can imagine what people did with their "purchase".

Anywho, the money you used for the bids was provided to you by the bartenders and waitstaff, the more you tipped them the more play money you got. The money very much looked like monopoly money, however on the front was the beautiful Bettie Page herself with the words, "In Page We Trust".

It was a great night and will never forget it.....

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe one of the hottest women that ever lived. :frown1:

She will be greatly missed and has touched millions of men through the ages.