Pinch hitting for the other team

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm not sure I really count in this, but you're getting my opinion anyway :tongue:
Of course you count! And this is exactly what I was wondering.

"One swallow doesn't make a summer" could have been the alternative title of the thread.

And as for DC's note, above, he is just bragging. For the vast majority of men, one swallow will handle it. :wink:

Redflame

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not quite sure what my ratio says but I identify now as 100% gay and although I love women, the thought of sex with them is a complete turn off. Wasn't the case 15 years ago though and I'm lucky that my experimentation was productive. I have two beautiful sons who I'm encouraging to live their life however they feel comfortable and not to deny who they are or whatever "urges" they have. My view these days - stay safe, don't hurt anyone in the process and just be who you are and who you want to be.

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Are you impressed as I am by the variety of accommodations in real life each person posting has made over the course of time? We make what might be called periodic adjustments which necessarily and often involve other people we care about. Were casual sex the norm we might become hardened against the emotional switches which would be necessary and frequent; that would be a burden I would not want to assume so I stick to faithful monogamy--just one long-term committed relationshiip at a time. I embrace my complex sexuality fully and gratefully. I still love the wonderful partners who have shared with me the joy and the sadness of living as persons of integrity. REDFLAME,you are so right, we rightly limit ourselves lest we hurt others along our way in the world.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Corius, that is the best explanation/description of good reasoning for an exclusive relationship that I've seen on this site. There have been numerous threads about "would you cheat", "what is cheating," bisexuality, and one partner versus multiple partners.

Most of the supporters of exclusive relationships say something along the lines of "if I have sex with someone else, it means I don't love my partner" or "if I love my partner, I would never have any reason to have sex with anyone else."

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying "I could have sex with someone else, but it is just too damned complicated, so I won't." Excellent! The first justification of monogamy that doesn't make me a little queasy.