Pineapple on Pizza: Yummy goodness or or foul torture

Pine aplle on pizza: Where do you fall on the great divide?

• Best topping ever! I routinely add it, regardless of what the other toppings are

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Great, but on Hawaiian style pizza only.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • It's OK. Not my favorite, but i won't turn it down.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Could care less: pizza is pizza.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Really don't like it, but if it was all there was, I could choke it down...

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Pineapple has its place...just not on pizza.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • Pineapple is evil. Period. I don't even think it should be listed as a food.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I am a freak. I like the juice but hate the texture; so I order it, but pick the pieces off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok, normally me and my guy are so in tune with each other it is quiet scary. Except for this: He HATES pineapple on pizza. I mean he loathes, despises and detest it. He refused to eat any of a pizza that had come into contact with the pineapple side (my side. Oh and yes I got a horrified look when i requested it on half) He actually cut the ends of his pizza slices off as they had been "contaminated."

I thought it was a bit of over reaction on his part but as I asked my friends on facebook I realized who strongly people feel about it one way or the other.

So I ask you, the people o LPSG, where do you stand on this topic? Is it the bane of your existence or your favorite topping?

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fave topping.

Goes especially well with peppers, onions, pepperoni, ham and/or sausage. Also CPK has the "Hawaiian" version of their BBQ Chicken Pizza (I.e, add pineapple). Quadruple Yum!

Haters are insane.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fave topping.

Goes especially well with peppers, onions, pepperoni, ham and/or sausage. Also CPK has the "Hawaiian" version of their BBQ Chicken Pizza (I.e, add pineapple). Quadruple Yum!

Haters are insane.

Or, like myself, vegetarian...just sayin

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yucky. But then again you know that I know where you live and there is no decent pizza joint for miles and miles ;-)

Fave topping.

Haters are insane.
That sounds freakishly yummy!
Or, like myself, vegetarian...just sayin

My personal favorite...Pineapple, Mozzarella and Garlic pizza.
Vegie style is awesome too! See how awesome the pineapple is! It unites both vegetarians and non vegetarians under it banner (of course it does the same fo the haters...*sigh*)

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ooooo. I love feta! I have recently devloped a taste for anchovies. Now I am craving feta double anchovies and pineapple...

LOL YUUUUCK!!!!

I must say though I adore Feta cheese. My very favorite hands down is real Italian style thin crust with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and fresh Basil. YUM!

BTW Some Safeway's carry the bake at home version of the above mentioned pizza and its quite good.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ROFLMAO at your guy :biggrin1:.

I used to love pineapple on pizza, but over the years pineapple here has become more sweet and less tangy. The tangy was what I loved about it!! So I still eat it if it's already on there, or will sometimes request it, but I don't request it every time any more.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I used to order pineapple and feta cheese, but lately it is anchovies (double) and feta.

LOL YUUUUCK!!!!

I must say though I adore Feta cheese. My very favorite hands down is real Italian style thin crust with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and fresh Basil. YUM!

BTW Some Safeway's carry the bake at home version of the above mentioned pizza and its quite good.
Ooo! Thanks1 I will have to try it!
ROFLMAO at your guy :biggrin1:.

I used to love pineapple on pizza, but over the years pineapple here has become more sweet and less tangy. The tangy was what I loved about it!! So I still eat it if it's already on there, or will sometimes request it, but I don't request it every time any more.
I agree with the tangy part. If it is tooo sweet I don't like it as much:frown1:

Though I still won't refuse it:wink:
Don't eat anything with tomato then idiot.
Now now, play nice:tongue: I am sure he was speaking in the culinary sense and not the botanical one:smile:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gross.

I hate fruit on hot food. Heresy.

*ahem* You, good sirs, are a cat (wearing booties no less!) and a panda, neither of which are known to like pineapple. The first is a carnivore, and the second eats bamboo.:wink:

I am not sure the two of you should be allowed to posts your opinions on this subject, lol.:tongue:

Or maybe I needed an option "9".

Last edited by a moderator:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, there is a pizza place near me that has Jerk Chicken pizza and it comes with pineapple...and it is quite damn good!!! (They also have a hot sub that is jerk chicken with the same pineapple chunks. It is good as well.).

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dnt like it much, but the worse are the pizzas that add beans, wth is that, when i was able to eat pizza (like 3 months ago) i prefer peperonni and that mushroom thing, maybe in a year i may be able to eat a slice again

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I dnt like it much, but the worse are the pizzas that add beans, wth is that, when i was able to eat pizza (like 3 months ago) i prefer peperonni and that mushroom thing, maybe in a year i may be able to eat a slice again
Beans on pizza? Really? Huh. I think i found the thing i wouldn't want pineapple added to:redface:

Mushrooms are exellnt on pizza though:biggrin1:

Oh, hey! Congrats on the weight loss!:biggrin1::biggrin1:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, there is a pizza place near me that has Jerk Chicken pizza and it comes with pineapple...and it is quite damn good!!! (They also have a hot sub that is jerk chicken with the same pineapple chunks. It is good as well.).
I would be in trouble if i lived close to that place! lol