Pineapple on Pizza: Yummy goodness or or foul torture

Pine aplle on pizza: Where do you fall on the great divide?

• Best topping ever! I routinely add it, regardless of what the other toppings are

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Great, but on Hawaiian style pizza only.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • It's OK. Not my favorite, but i won't turn it down.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Could care less: pizza is pizza.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Really don't like it, but if it was all there was, I could choke it down...

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Pineapple has its place...just not on pizza.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • Pineapple is evil. Period. I don't even think it should be listed as a food.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I am a freak. I like the juice but hate the texture; so I order it, but pick the pieces off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Food snob!

Remind me never to go out to dinner with you. :tongue:

Darling you don't go out to dinner with me, you dine out with me, and anyway you'll be too smashed on muscle relaxant and copious Chateau D'Ay (1943) champagne to care about me sending dishes back to the kitchen for just not being right. Besides I always complain very discretely and never to my dining companions. I am English in many many ways. :tongue:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love Hawaiian pizza! The only other pizza I put pineapple on is veggie. I love sweet & salty tastes together. Like chocolate covered pretzels or dipping my bacon in syrup. It's awesome!

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am sorry. If God wanted pineapples to go on a pizza, he would have had palm trees in Italy.

Hmmmm...there are palm trees in Sicily...but no pineapples, Thank God.

I am a purist. While I love mushrooms, sausage, fontina, sun dried tomatoes, and onions on a pie now and then, there is nothing better than a pure, simple Margherita Pizza...San Marzano tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil.

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Darling you don't go out to dinner with me, you dine out with me, and anyway you'll be too smashed on muscle relaxant and copious Chateau D'Ay (1943) champagne to care about me sending dishes back to the kitchen for just not being right. Besides I always complain very discretely and never to my dining companions. I am English in many many ways. :tongue:
You sound like the ideal dining companion hilaire. :biggrin1: Let's make a date and invite SilverTrain to pick off the pineapple.

Pineapple on pizza? Whatever next?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
You sound like the ideal dining companion hilaire. :biggrin1: Let's make a date and invite SilverTrain to pick off the pineapple.

I am too too excited! Dinner with CuriousAngel and El Treno Argento, I'll have to break out the Yves Saint Laurent tux and make a goddamned night-to-never-forget of it.

SWOON!:party::fest30::party2:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are worse versions, for some reason dominos and other chains think that is a good a idea to use mexican food ingredients on a pizza, it just look gross, imagine a mexican dish, and then toss it on a pizza, thats how they sell it
Um...I don't think that would work so well for everything...I could be wrong:confused:
That sounds really good. And fresh baby spinach would be good on there also i would imagine.

Very true.

And i love pineapple on a pizza. It adds a beautiful freshness that cuts through all the heavy meat and cheeses.
Exactly! You are a woman after my own heart...why couldn't you be agay man!
I'm a stickler for authenticity. If I'm eating Italian style pizza I want toppings which would be used in Italy. Pineapple would not be one of those toppings so I'm not keen on it.
I have nothing against authinticity Hi, and i adore authentic dishes. But i also love combining things that maybe wouldn't have had a chance to go together normally. Somtinmes the result is yummy, others...well, not so much. Let's just say my friends are wary when i say "I think I'm going to cook something new" lol

But i love pinapple on pizza. I adore it on ham. But like flameboy I am not fond of it in and of itself. Pineapple juice...that's different. But the texture of uncooked pineapple doesn't really appeal to me.

Damn. Maybe I should have had a 10th otion formy poll...

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've had ham and pineapple pizza and enjoyed it. I prefer sausage and mushroom however. I also make a four cheese pizza to die for. I posted this in another thread; if you don't have a great pizza place near you it's really easy to make!
http://www.lpsg.org/222134-re-which-wine-do-you.html
Yet you have yet to send any of these yummy concoctions my way! An don't give me that "i have no idea where you live." But iwill take your recipes as compensation:wink:
My usual two topping:

Pineapple and mushroom

close second:

Pineapple and olive

One topping is... you guessed it.. pineapple.

I don't know what the hell it is, but something about the pineapple when it's been baked on mozz cheese and sauce just adds an awesome taste.
O.M.G. I LOVE pineapple and olive! My ex roomate K hates pineapple on pizza and when I added olives...LOL! I just like the combo of flavors:redface:
I'm like pineapple as a standalone topping, but don't you dare try sullying my meat feast pizza with that stuff.
I respect your "Meat is sacred" position, though i don't share it.:tongue:
Sometimes I simply despair of our American cousins.

Next you'll be telling me that they eat nut paste and jam sandwiches.
I HATE PB&J sandwiches. Once in a great while i get the craving, take a bite, and then swear I will never eat it again. That has to do with being poor and living off the things. *shudder* ewwww...

Peanut butter and bellpepper is good though...:redface:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Pizza is an Italian classic pineapples aren't which means the 2 aren't made for marriage. What you've been eating is a pauper's version of pineapple upside down cake and I love that cake. I like pineapple just not on a pizza. Pizza should have garlic, onion, cheese, pepperoni, maybe black olives, maybe red & green peppers, maybe sausage, ground beef or pork.
I disagree! Just because they don't exist together in the homeland of pizza, once that yummy pie ventured forth, it was free to mate with any non-italian food it pleased!

and this has nothing to do with the fact that I am the result of a long line of mixed bredding myself!:tongue:
I love pineapple. But never understood it as a pizza topping.
Now on top of a nicely cooked ham, and we're talking!
ARGH!!!! It's like talking ot my Guy! Ok, If you eat it on ham, then why not on ham that happens to be on pizza!:tongue::wink::biggrin1:
Yuck. I love pineapple, I hate it on pizza. It is disgusting. I like my pizzas to be savory. A little sweetness to balance it is fine, but in my opinion that's the job of a good pizza sauce. Not a too sweet pizza sauce of course.
*GASP!* I feel betrayed by my two fav anime brethren. It is sad day:tongue:
I don't really care for pineapple on it's own, but as soon as it's used with something else I cannot resist it. I like it on pizza, it's not my absolute-mega-all-time-super-duper-favourite but I will eat it.

I am flame boy. I like pizza. A lot.
Is it the texture of raw pinapple? I don't like the texture of it raw, but love it cooked (with something else)

The best combination is Pineapple and Jalepeno's!!
I haven't combined them yet! :eek: I will need to rectify this immediately!

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
However, Argentines consider fresh pineapple slices (rodajas) a major rave fave topping on pizza along with canned (not necessarily Maraschino, just canned) or fresh cherries. They add melted dots of their special imitation provolone cheese and leave out the tomato sauce or slices of tomato. It's like a tasteless pizza cookie. Very popular.

I think this sounds really interesting! And no reason why cherries should be a no-no for people who already eat pineapple on their pizza. So it'd just cherries, pineapple and cheese, with no sauce right? I'm thinking I should give it a try.

Peanut butter and bellpepper is good though...:redface:

A friend of mine eats peanut butter and onion sandwiches. He swears that it tastes great, but I'm not exactly itching to try it myself.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Food snob!

Remind me never to go out to dinner with you. :tongue:

Take me to dinner instead.... guaranteed you'd love what I'm serving :biggrin1:

I am too too excited! Dinner with CuriousAngel and El Treno Argento, I'll have to break out the Yves Saint Laurent tux and make a goddamned night-to-never-forget of it.

SWOON!:party::fest30::party2:

I'm so in.

Budget = 5000 GBP :cool:
LMAO!!!! After a horrid day this exchange made me smile! Thanks all:biggrin1:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
sorry back to topic.... I've had Haiwaan Pizza before and became a fan of pineapple on pizza. The feta, spinach and pineapple is awesome with white sauce instead of tomato.
I prefer it with white suace in the winter time. Have no idea why, lol
There are several wonderful spots in Barcelona where authentic, traditional northern Italian-style pizzas are available. Often they have dry smoke cured (never "cooked") bits of ham crudo, sort of like what the Englsh, Canadians, and 'Mericuhns call prosciutto (a word that just means ham in Italian). Prosciutto cotto is cooked ham. The best place in our pueblo in Spain is called Tuscany and the family that owns the place is from Tuscany. They make pizzas that are just the saltine cracker-like crust drowned in olive oil and covered with fresh herbs, and then they suggest what things to add to that base. Never, however, has any fruit except sun dried tomatoes shown up on their amazing pizzas. Thank you God!

I'm fond of pine nuts, olives, slices of hot sausage (sort of like 'Mericuhn pepperoni), garlic, chopped onions and mushrooms. You have to tell them what kind of mushrooms: boletus that are commercially grown or whatever wild mushrooms are in season. I always ask for whatever is in season and they almost always seem to have butter-yellow chanterelles as the fungus du jour.

The Squeeze is accustomed to a thick pizza crust (fugazza) with cheap provolone and maybe tomato sauce or slices of fresh tomato. Maybe three or four whole olives as decoration. The more Argentines can make their pizza taste like the cardboard box it is frequently delivered in, the happier they are. And to me that's damn odd since more than 10 million Italians immigrated to this country from about 1900 to 1966. The Squeeze's excuse for having fugazza with bad imitation provolone is "How can you taste all of those other ingredients at the same time?"

However, Argentines consider fresh pineapple slices (rodajas) a major rave fave topping on pizza along with canned (not necessarily Maraschino, just canned) or fresh cherries. They add melted dots of their special imitation provolone cheese and leave out the tomato sauce or slices of tomato. It's like a tasteless pizza cookie. Very popular.

Talk to Brazilians about pineapples (ananás). They, better than any other nationality, know how to use them best in cooking and making beach cocktails with crude sugar cane alcohol.
I thank you for the cool cultural culinary rundown!:biggrin1: Though i differ in regards to the pineapple issue, i love knowledge more. You get a pass:tongue:
Cherries on pizza?? That sounds horrible!
I'd have to try it first. i like pineapples and cherries on certain desserts though, so I feel the jury is out on that one.:confused:
I actually make something that's not a pizza but it looks like a pizza. Puff pastry with vanilla custard and cherries and topped with macadamia nuts and topped with melted white chocolate and drizzled with Grande Marnier.
Again, i am waiting for these yummy foods to show up on my doorstep:wink:
Ohh yea i forgot the time my dad brought a pizza with cherries and pineapple with ham, no thanks, i did not eat a slice of that
Well, was it the cherries or the pineapple? Would you have tried it sans pineapple?
I think this sounds really interesting! And no reason why cherries should be a no-no for people who already eat pineapple on their pizza. So it'd just cherries, pineapple and cheese, with no sauce right? I'm thinking I should give it a try.

A friend of mine eats peanut butter and onion sandwiches. He swears that it tastes great, but I'm not exactly itching to try it myself.
Subgirrl agrees with me! *hugs* to my subgirrl!

I may try the PB and onion, just for the hell of it. Can't be worse then dill pickle and choclate milk (The Eldest sib does this. I tried it once. Wasn't so bad, and i may try again:redface:)

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love Hawaiian pizza! The only other pizza I put pineapple on is veggie. I love sweet & salty tastes together. Like chocolate covered pretzels or dipping my bacon in syrup. It's awesome!
Sweet and salty. My fav combo...oh wait we were talking about food? Well it's still my fav:wink:
I am sorry. If God wanted pineapples to go on a pizza, he would have had palm trees in Italy.

Hmmmm...there are palm trees in Sicily...but no pineapples, Thank God.
Pineapples don't grow on trees, silly! It grows on a weird little plant that looks like an aloe vera gone wrong with one fruit on top.:biggrin1:
You would that think that'd be a given, right?

You're turning me on again.
Get in line, he already turned me on:wink::biggrin1::tongue:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Subgirrl agrees with me! *hugs* to my subgirrl!

*hugs* We should organise a time and cook and try it simultaneously! A cherry pineapple pizza party!

I may try the PB and onion, just for the hell of it. Can't be worse then dill pickle and choclate milk (The Eldest sib does this. I tried it once. Wasn't so bad, and i may try again:redface:)

*shudder* NOT one I want to try! Although I have been known for odd combinations - orange juice and coke mixed together was a favourite of mine when I was a teenager.

I love fresh pineapple for breakfast, and like someone else said, upside down pineapple cake, yum yum piggy's bum; but put in on a pizza and frankly, it stops being a pizza.

PS - Food snobs do it on the dinner table.

Dinner tables give bruises.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The way to your heart clearly lies some way below your stomach.

Interesting. Your line is shorter than my queue.

Maybe I'll form a Q.
Actually the way to my heart lies about two inches above where my thoracic and lumbar vertabrae meet on the left side of my back, and can only be reached by nails raked hard across it:wink:

Ok maybe that is the way to other body parts:tongue: