Pinoy / filipino lads?

jtm011

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm so glad you guys replied. Every time I call the customer service number of a large American company, the call is now answered by a third-party call center in the Philippines and I need your help! How do I tell the people to speed it up and get to the point? They are so slow, it's like dealing with someone with a fifth grade education. :(:mad:

ttmax

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm so glad you guys replied. Every time I call the customer service number of a large American company, the call is now answered by a third-party call center in the Philippines and I need your help! How do I tell the people to speed it up and get to the point? They are so slow, it's like dealing with someone with a fifth grade education. :(:mad:

That's unrestrained feral capitalism for you - if senior management wants to boost their bonus payments to the stratosphere and generating meaningful growth is beyond their capabilities, an easy strategy is to strip out quality, customer service and employee terms and conditions by hollowing out the company built up by previous generations - exporting jobs, treating customers like shit and acting as a traitor to the country's prosperity.

We are a long way away from socially responsible capitalism. Clinton would have been just another neo-liberal whore to Wall Street, but who knows where Trump's strategy could lead? It will be a rocky ride, but at least he is going to shake up the rotten apple cart.

I seem to have wandered slightly (ok, lots) off topic

jtm011

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Clinton would have been just another neo-liberal whore to Wall Street, but who knows where Trump's strategy could lead? It will be a rocky ride, but at least he is going to shake up the rotten apple cart.

Shake it up based on WHAT? Are you delusional like all the Americans who voted for him thinking he's a false Messiah who's going to "drain the swamp"?! He has no strategy other than racism, Islamophobia, White Supremacy, protectionism and isolationism. He's going to protect the worker or is he really going to use this as a stepping stone to line his pocket?

ttmax

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Shake it up based on WHAT? Are you delusional like all the Americans who voted for him thinking he's a false Messiah who's going to "drain the swamp"?! He has no strategy other than racism, Islamophobia, White Supremacy, protectionism and isolationism. He's going to protect the worker or is he really going to use this as a stepping stone to line his pocket?

I made absolutely no comment on Trump's character defects and your comment assumes too much. It would be better to respond to the post as written, but not to your own unwarranted assumptions in respect of unstated opinions.

Like it or not, Trump won the election and Clinton conceded that the result was a fair reflection of votes cast. If the democrats had chosen a more suitable candidate without Clinton's baggage and sense of entitlement, they would have won the election. How bad do you have to be to lose to such a flawed candidate with such an appalling platform?

Trump's strategy is being unveiled day by day and the clock is ticking for him to deliver. He is already forcing US corporations to return manufacturing jobs from low-wage locations. It's not free trade - but do you think that China's economic development has been based on free or fair trade? Trump will be good for jobs, however dreadful his social policies and character flaws may be.

jtm011

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok let's deal with this paragraph by paragraph:

I made absolutely no comment on Trump's character defects and your comment assumes too much. It would be better to respond to the post as written, but not to your own unwarranted assumptions in respect of unstated opinions.

I responded to your original post, if you bothered reading it. You said 1. Clinton is a neo-liberal whore 2. Trump will be a rocky ride 3. but at least he's going to shake up the rotten apple cart. And you will notice I questioned you based on WHAT do you think he'll shake up the "rotten apple cart". You still haven't answered. And that's because there's nothing factual to base that assumption on.

Like it or not, Trump won the election and Clinton conceded that the result was a fair reflection of votes cast. If the democrats had chosen a more suitable candidate without Clinton's baggage and sense of entitlement, they would have won the election. How bad do you have to be to lose to such a flawed candidate with such an appalling platform?

You're right about Clinton being a terrible candidate. I didn't like any of the candidates this time around. But if you think Trump won this election based on the results of a "fair election" then you are ill informed. The tide turned against Hillary after Comey and the FBI smeared her name 10 days before the election, not to mention the outside influence of Russia on the election outcome which has be unequivocally proven. The polls evidence this FBI turn of events. Add to that that she still won the popular vote by 3,000,000 votes which is no small number.

Trump's strategy is being unveiled day by day and the clock is ticking for him to deliver. He is already forcing US corporations to return manufacturing jobs from low-wage locations. It's not free trade - but do you think that China's economic development has been based on free or fair trade? Trump will be good for jobs, however dreadful his social policies and character flaws may be.

This is the part where you don't even have a basic understanding of economics. He's not forcing anything to do with jobs. In fact he's raising costs on the consumer by at least 20%. Do you think American companies are going to just swallow the added labor costs when they've enjoyed offshoring jobs for so long? No. Instead there will be increased job losses in America as companies just close down. If you understood basic economics you would know that jobs don't just happen in a vacuum. He will bankrupt the economy the same way he has bankrupted so many of his failed businesses.