Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The rubbing alcohol is what I have always used to get ink out.

I am by no means a stain master. I get frustrated pretty easily.

I can tell you what not to use. Bleach. My mother in law is a stain master with bleach. She knows how to dilute it and she uses little cotton swabs and she can get stains out. Me, I try really hard but I have always ended up making holes. Very sad.

The dye magnets are a good idea. I used to purchase them at Linen's and Things Stores. Unfortunately, that was the only place I could find them and our Linen's and Things Store went out of business. They sold those "Carbona Stain Devils" at Linen's and Things also.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
One trick I know from my time spent in the flooring trade that was often used on carpets.... distilled white vinagar and a tampon. Use the vinagar to loosen the stan, and the tampon to suck up the mess. DO NOT do what most do, and scrub away at the stain like a mad man, as this spreads the stain. Work from the outside, into the center of the stain.

Most know the working mechanics of tampons and how they seam to suck up stains in it's native use, this also works the same ways with stains in carpets and fabrics.

Unfortunaly this seams to only work on rather fresh stains, but the trick works very well.