Pissed Off!!! :(

D_Connie_Lynguists

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
with no exaggeration, I just spent the best part of AN HOUR typing a sort of the erotic fiction board. I got really into it, thought it was pretty good, came up with characters and a plot and everything. Typed it all up. tried to post it, and then, my computer screwed up and it didn't post! and now i've lost it all! i'm gutted! :( and frustrated. in many ways. :( please cheer me up.

D

deleted62

I'm so sorry, hon . . . I've had that happen to me many a time, mostly when I'm dealing with multiple Excel spreadsheets at work, and I accidentally close the whole group. I know where you're coming from.

Think of it this way -- now you have a new emotion to write with -- frustration! :)

-Z

My two cents can't cheer anyone up.

sexycobra

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
sam_likes_big said:
with no exaggeration, I just spent the best part of AN HOUR typing a sort of the erotic fiction board. I got really into it, thought it was pretty good, came up with characters and a plot and everything. Typed it all up. tried to post it, and then, my computer screwed up and it didn't post! and now i've lost it all! i'm gutted! :( and frustrated. in many ways. :( please cheer me up.

This has happened to me once or twice when I was trying to post long posts.
I think it's because you are automatically logged off from LPSG if you're inactive (i.e., not viewing things and moving around the site, or PMing, etc...) for 15 minutes or more. When you type a post, your activity is invisible to the server until you actually post it (pressing "Submit Reply"), so if it takes you more than 15 minutes to type it, you will be logged off and lose everything you typed. My solution is to: a) type your story in a word-processing software, and/or b) if you type using LPSG's window, copy and paste your entire text when you're finished typing, before pressing "Submit Reply" (so you don't lose everything if you've been logged off in the meantime).

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Blues singers must have felt pain.
Comedians must have felt pain.
Democrats must have felt my pain.
Poets must have felt pain.
Authors, too.

cinderian

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
You thought that you lost it ALL! Nope, it is still inside your head & your creativity will only get wiser. But it sure hurts, as I know too well. As a safeguard, I use 'copy' & 'paste', I keep my own snippets in notepad or Outlook Notes. It works well for me and no more lost contributions.:smile:

KidBrown

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hopefully I'll look like you when I'm 45 man. Meh, I'll probably be dead from some sort of freak accident. Congrats !!

Better to be pissed off than pissed on Sam. I can hear the groans that come from a bad old joke now, haha.

Pappy has the right idea though, either that or the copy/paste thing from a word processor program.

cinderian

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks Kidbrown for the flattering compliment. I was wondoring if it was that 1% of your sexual preference that was trying to reach out and say 'hi'.

And on any given day, I would rather be pissed on than pissed off. For one, it's more fun. Changing clothes is a far easier task than changing attitudes. But if you were about to be shit on - that changes everything. :eek:
I would be majorly pissed off

KidBrown

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The whole "one percent" thing is there because who knows how I'll be attracted to people in the future. I don't find any uncomfort around gay men, although our opinions on which guys are attractive people seem to differ quite a bit, haha. There's the very slight possibility that I'll meet a guy one day that I'll feel sexually attracted to, even though it hasn't happened yet. Saying that you're "100 percent" anything means that finding someone of the opposite sex sexually inviting is impossible.....and basically nothing is impossible in my opinion.