Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Honey, you did nothing wrong...
please don't take that to heart.

If they were ignorant enough to be vocal about their feelings (or lack of!!!) ...
you should have been equally as brazen in response. I've gotten that at bars... often its the straight men, but since they were women, I would have felt comfortable enough for some backlash.

PS: I"ve helped my mom make quilts for a huge portion of my life. I recently made a Double Irish chain for Christmas.
I'm very gay, maybe gayer.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am so sorry you had to experience that! :frown1: I can understand why you cried. You were blindsided by a major case of haterade.

Yeah, I would have been stunned. I've been lucky enough to have lived in fairl liberal places where that kind of talk is completely unheard of. Alas, that does not leave me well prepared for the rest of the country.

What good is being gay if you can't keep a pile of scathing witty replies in your manbag?

Alas, contrary to popular opinion, not all of us gays are so quick witted. Even if I had dared to talk back to them, I would have been so nervous/shook up that my delivery wouldn't have been very good.

Of course, after I left the store and had a moment to calm down a little, I would have thought of several things I wished I had thought of earlier. The French have a term for this: l'esprit d'escalier.

A.Word.A.Day -- esprit d'escalier

...I'm one of those people who thinks of the perfect comeback three days later.

I often think of the perfect comeback like a week later.

See above.

Last edited:

Highjinx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Sorry to hear someone so backwards in todays world would have the nerve to say such hateful things. Those old women are so out of reality and it sounds like your in a small town. But in the South and other small towns, expect to hear such comments.
From time to time you will meet people like that and it is better to learn to laugh at them for their ignorance,stupidity,hatefulness. Remember it is usally sad,uneducated and people who are not happy with themselves and have led miserable lives that make such comments.

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok first off I want to send hugs to everyone for the support so *hugs* Yes even your straight men and gay woman are getting hugs. I do live in a small town but I was in Jefferson City when this happend, For those if any who do not know Jefferson City is the state capital for Missouri, so not really a small town. Where I live is a small town (population less then 500) and I know who to avoid here and who is ok to be around. Again thank you everyone