Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Ryan Lochte as admitted to pissing in the pool when he swims. I found other competitive swimmers have done just that. In fact Phelps has said its' common.

As a competitive swimming I have never done this, in fact for me I find it hard to do even if I wanted to.

Is this more common than I think? How many of you pee in the pool??

M

Mr Ed in Mass

If you pee in the pool,you might just improve your times.

LargeSide

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Ryan Lochte as admitted to pissing in the pool when he swims. I found other competitive swimmers have done just that. In fact Phelps has said its' common.

As a competitive swimming I have never done this, in fact for me I find it hard to do even if I wanted to.

Is this more common than I think? How many of you pee in the pool??

When I was a competitive swimmer, we weren't allowed bathroom breaks, no matter how bad. Our coach (also, the manager of the aquatic facility) told us to pee in the pool. The amount of chemicals in the pool dissociated the urine in a fraction of a second... supposedly. I still prefer NOT to do it.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
When I was a competitive swimmer, we weren't allowed bathroom breaks, no matter how bad. Our coach (also, the manager of the aquatic facility) told us to pee in the pool. The amount of chemicals in the pool dissociated the urine in a fraction of a second... supposedly. I still prefer NOT to do it.

Rebecca Adlington has added support to Lochte and Phelps, quoting exactly the same as you state above.