Pisted Off Wife

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by sexcraz1, Aug 8, 2010.

1. sexcraz1

sexcraz1 New Member

My son was recently invited to a birthday party. He's Six. My Godmother's nephew which i "call" my godbrother, but we aren't really really close. He invited my son to his son's 8th B-Day, but didn't also invite my other two kids which are girls ages 11 and 8.

My wife is pisted because she says he should have invited all of them, because you don't invite one child to an event knowing they have siblings with out inviting them all. Otherwise they will feel lefted out and hurt. She says especially family. My possition is yes i can understand her view, but is it really someones responsability to invite all your kids, just because you have more then the one they're inviting? She pisted because now she has to take one child to Golfland, and spend they day with someone she doesn't even really like, and dissappoint the others by saying they can't go. Because of the proper protocal, we aren't going to simply take the others when they weren't invitedm, but is what he did okay, or not? :mad:

2. Belly_Dancer

Belly_Dancer Member

I went to a lot of birthday parties when I was a kid (and had a few), and never was it expected that if you invited one sibling, you should invite them all.

I don't think the fact that they are family makes any difference.

When a kid has a party, he or she should invite his or her friends, usually kids the same age. I think it is very silly to expect that a boy would invite girls of other ages to his party just because they are relatives.

Edited to add: Sooner or later your kids are going to have to learn that they are separate people with separate lives and aren't always going to get to do the same things. I vote for sooner.

#2 Belly_Dancer, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  3. SweetLovesVick

SweetLovesVick New Member

I think your wife is correct it was extremly rude inviting one and not all three kids. Are all the childrens both of yours or were the girls not invited because they were step-sisters? Either way if you invite one you should invite them all. I just had in April a party for my 5 yr old son. I invited his whole pre-school class. Now I knew the moms were all coming and some had smaller children. I invited all the kids on the invites that went to their homes. It cost me not much more (whats really the cost of 5 extra happy meals?) and all the moms were "super greatful" because they did not have to beg family to babysit the younger kids.

So a little bit of common sense and goodwill does go along way! I feel badly for your wife and the girls.

4. Man4menu

Man4menu Member

Albums:
    If your son or daughter is invited by a family member or a friend of the family one would expect they would invite all children of that family BUT if one is invited by friend of one of your children than that child is expected only to attend Not his or her siblings.

5. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Didn't even come up in my family. I am the oldest of eight kids. I was such a brat when I was five on my first birthday party I never got another one. But what are they going to do, invite eight kids of different ages? Would maybe make sense to invite the ones around the same ages if they are friends like Belly Dancer says.

6. hud01

Gold Member

This makes no sense. The wife is wrong. This is the equivalent of giving every kid a trophy because they played.

Edit: Is it possible that at 8 the boy would rather only have boys at his party.

#6 hud01, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  7. sexcraz1

sexcraz1 New Member

That is exactly what i said too. Boys at that age doesn't want girls at their party. I do agree with my wife that if it was family, he should have included the girls, other people okay absolutely not.

Also i forgot to mention he Supose to be my youngest daughter's godfarther...which make sit worse.

But then again he's never been her godfather really...we mad a mistake in asking him.

8. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    If it was a family do, then yes all the kids should be invited if one is. This isn't a "family do" though, this is a kids birthday party regardless of any relationship there may be.

The parent of the child having the party has the responsibility first to make the party as good as they can for their child, and that means inviting kids he wants to spend time with.

Lets see how your wife feels 5 years down the line when you tell her your eldest daughter has to ask if she can bring her younger brother and sister along to her best friends 16th :rolleyes:

9. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Perfect answer and may I add. When it is time for your kids party you don't have to always try to do equal pay back. It needs to be about the kids and simple. I work with a woman who is always concerned about who got what girt and how much it cost and who was invited and who wasn't. She clearly needs a life and is living the child drama. It makes me nuts to hear it and she sounds like a tool. So let it go buddy

Draft saved Draft deleted