Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I posted this because I was comtemplating it the other night with a guy I know. We were having drinks in the pub, and he was flirting a bit, but I've never been into him at all sexually, just not my type. He was recently made redundant at work, so I feel bad for him. I felt like I wanted to offer him a beej or something to make him feel better, but instead I bought him a couple drinks.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I posted this because I was comtemplating it the other night with a guy I know. We were having drinks in the pub, and he was flirting a bit, but I've never been into him at all sexually, just not my type. He was recently made redundant at work, so I feel bad for him. I felt like I wanted to offer him a beej or something to make him feel better, but instead I bought him a couple drinks.

Aw, that's sweet, your desire to make him feel better. You probably did enough with having beers with him. It could get complicated if he thought there could be more between you and you just want to be friends.

woodyq

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
when we were younger say high school aged.
we hung out with a girl from our neighborhood who was super duper hot. like would be flown back to her country to represent her county in beauty pagents etc.

well looking back it was so stupid but i guess people from different areas would crash your party and steal your keg. it seemed stupid then to be fighting but if you didn't, if you let it happen once they'd steal your winter coat, your schoolbag, anything.
so some guys showed up started a fight. people got spread out all in all some of them got hit some of us got hit but i guess one guy wound up seperated to the side and was getting kicked/stomped. wound up in the hospital and aforementioned hottie went to visit him and gave him a pity BJ.
she said it like "oh come on it is the least i could do" and i was like ok i am going to get beat up see you at the hospital. she just laughed.

LUM_1986

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'd never give it.
i'd never want to receive it.

to my mind, it's an insult.

^This...

Also, I understand that the point of pity sex is to makes someone feel better; but surely after the act is done the person on the receiving end of said pity sex will not only have lost there job/broken up with their partner/lost their puppy but just been made to cum OUT OF PITY... Frankly, thats not a what I want to feel after a bad event in my life...

Simply put, in the long run pity sex just adds to a persons reasons to not be happy, IMO...

-LUM- x

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There was an episode on the US "Queer as Folk" about a pity sex encounter, but the "pitier" was rude afterward, and left saying it was pity sex. Then the "pityee" later got even by shaping up and getting a make-over, then having sex again with the pitier, and finally dumping him.

I don't want pity sex, because it doesn't last.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I assume that the person wouldn't know that it was pity sex, because if he does then suddenly that's like the meanest thing you could do to someone, allow them to feel vulnerable to you, then make them feel worse about themselves?

I assumed that the other party would just think it was a one-off.

wappingite

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I assumed that the other party would just think it was a one-off.

I think that's the key. If it's a one time encounter type thing in which you don't either interact with the person after the fact or have any expectations.. If you don't tell them, they simply wouldn't know.

But in my case, the guy was interested in me, so I don't think it would be fair to him at all, no matter what my intentions. It would surely end in regret.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Girls are less prone to do pity sex than guys... they uses sex as a powerful weapon and only want to earn something by doing it, be it love or power
That is very cynical of you to say that, MW. True pity is a type of love, and many females will not have sex unless they also love. It is from the feminine perspective an invasion of the body and quite a serious concession.

I have had pity sex, but only feel pity for those I also care about. I draw the line at sex with anyone I don't have feelings for. Pity is a feeling.