Pizza Hut to become Pasta Hut

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This strikes me as utterly pointless!

In the UK a number of Pizza Hut locations will change over to the new "Pasta Hut" in an attempt to appeal to a more health conscious clientelle. The re-branding will cost £18 million. A Pizza Hut exec said "Pasta is around 3 or 4 per cent of our sales. I'm very sure in a couple of weeks' time that will be 10 per cent."

A current vote on Pasta Hut shows that 79% of voters do not like the change in direction. People apparently really love their pizza.

Full article here.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I've wanted to try their pasta dishes for a while now. But I'm sure they don't compare to that delicious buttery crust of their pizzas, so I agree with the majority in that poll.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
They have a tacky commercial here where they have people eating at a restaurant and they are served Pizza Hut pasta. They then applaud when they hear that it is from Pizza Hut.:rolleyes:

Why would Pizza Hut, a well know brand change their name? :confused:

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They aren't changing all of the Pizza Hut's but in the UK we have quite a few eat in restaurants which will become Pasta Hut. I see this as a totally pointless way to waste £18 million. Also when a company exec admits that sales only make up a few percent of their total takings, it strikes me as a huge waste of time and money.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've never eaten at Pizza Hut (or several other fast food franchises) and a name change isn't going to lessen my desire to avoid it. :scratchchin:

I am always envious whenever I hear of someone who has never eaten fast food, whether it be a particular franchise, or fast food in general. Your parents did well not to take you to such places as a child.

I do like Pizza Hut pizza, though. As a general rule, I lean towards non-chain pizza parlors, but sometimes Pizza Hut is superior, and I like it better than other chains (e.g, Papa John's).

Nevertheless, you're not missing anything (and are probably better off) if you go through life without it.

I can't imagine their pasta being remotely comparable to, let alone better than, that of any halfway decent Italian restaurant...or what I can make at home, for that matter.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
People seem to be under the misconception that pasta is a healthy meal. Pasta is pure and simple high content carbs. :rolleyes:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I adore wood fired pizzas.
I use to live next door to an old Italian couple who had a wood fired oven, their pizzas where devine.
Oh and by the way the only true authentic pizza is a thin based Margarita, made in a wood fire oven with fresh buffalo mozzarella, pasata di Pomodoro and fresh sweet basil leaves.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Waste? I don't know. It's not like they are destroying that money. Sign makers are getting paid, construction workers, clothing manufactueres for new uniforms, whoever makes those heated delivery packages. Would you rather they just keep it in their giant yachts or fill their pools with the money to swim in? (Which will be on their giant yachts.)

Spend it however they want, as long as they spend it. It is private money after all, not tax money. It's not their fault fat slobs (and not fat nor slobs and other groups) eat there.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I adore wood fired pizzas.
I use to live next door to an old Italian couple who had a wood fired oven, their pizzas where devine.
Oh and by the way the only true authentic pizza is a thin based Margarita, made in a wood fire oven with fresh buffalo mozzarella, pasata di Pomodoro and fresh sweet basil leaves.

Actually the Marinara pizza (tomato, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, oregano and sometimes basil / sometimes not) is attested well before the Margherita.

The invention of the Margherita is clearly dated 1889 and there were many variations of toppings added to the traditional Marinara on street stalls around Naples before that date. Not to mention the famous Antica Pizzeria Port'Alba - started as a stall in the 18th C and established as a tavern selling a variety of differently topped pizzas from 1830 onwards :smile: