places to meet women...

TylerDurden

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Alright ladies, help me out - where are some places that you would feel comfortable having a man approach you in? I've done the club thing, and the college party scene - and I'm kinda tired of dealing with the stereotypical "party girl." So help me out, and extra points to MZ or anyone else from ohio who can give me specifics! :smile:

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
TylerDurden said:
Alright ladies, help me out - where are some places that you would feel comfortable having a man approach you in? I've done the club thing, and the college party scene - and I'm kinda tired of dealing with the stereotypical "party girl." So help me out, and extra points to MZ or anyone else from ohio who can give me specifics! :smile:

I'm not one of the 'ladies' (at least the last time I checked), but places to meet ladies include:

- the grocery store
- church
- the mall
- any line (unless it's for the bathroom, then you're in the wrong one)
- sporting events (although most women have a male date)
- the internet (chat rooms/ personal ads)
- anywhere you see them - they make up 1/2 the population!

Basically, anywhere and anytime you see a woman you think is attractive, go up and start some small talk with her - You'd be amazed!

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
RideRocket said:
Yep. If I can find a BF there, you can certainly find a GF. I also think you're less likely to catch a crazy there (depending on the religion of course).

RideRocket said:
Basically, anywhere and anytime you see a woman you think is attractive, go up and start some small talk with her - You'd be amazed!
My thoughts exactly.

Oh yeah - and college study groups. You can get a pretty good sense of the their personality before you decide to go for it or not. Just don't be fake - she's building an impression of you also.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
TylerDurden said:

I'm a total suck-up, there's no way I could pass on extra brownie points!

Actually, I do have advice here, and it's not just mine. Similar advice has been given by Ann Landers and Ayn Rand (of all the people to give relationship advice!). You will find people that YOU find to be quality people doing things. Preferably they'll be doing things YOU are interested in, that's what will make them interesting to you. If you are in school, this is probably the easiest place. Go to that class you just love, and look around to see who else is digging it as much as you. If you go to church, BE CAREFUL- girls you meet in church will likely expect a marriage proposal. If you're out of school, what about your job? If you do something you care about, look around at who else cares, or if your job is one you just tolerate, see who else feels just like you.

If you're not involved right now in doing something that satifies your personal needs, take a class, give yourself chances to meet people DOING THINGS that you like. Get yourself innolved in activities you enjoy, and leave the business about meeting women as secondary. Two things will be accomplished by this- first, you'll be a happier individual from treating yourself well and second, women are attracted to well rounded men, so you will find someone (when you do) who likes you for the right reasons, not just because she thinks you're cute even though you have nothing in common. Don't you hate that feeling when you roll out of bed and try to talk to someone only to discover they're a total moron?

Do what YOU love, devote time out of your day, every day, to do something nice for yourself, and without knowing why or understanding how it works, your calendar will start filling up.

TylerDurden

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Don't you hate that feeling when you roll out of bed and try to talk to someone only to discover they're a total moron?"

Wouldn't have been able to say it any better myself, MZ! Most of my guy friends, what few there are, are still totally happy with random play and taking girls home from bars/clubs...I'm just tired of it. Anyway, thanks to you, RideRocket, and Chuck for the quick replies :)

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At a bar or a club, you'll hardly find someone for more than a night, or a casual fling maybe. If you are looking for something more stable, explore the places where you engage in your hobbies/activities. Most likely you'll find a girl there and have a hook to catch her.

My personal advice for you would be not to expect too much from girls you meet on your job, or at clubs. Clubbing girls for abovementioned reasons, and on the job isn't a good place either. Keep in mind the progress of the relationship, and ask yourself: Would you like to see your future spouse on the job everyday, and then again at home?

Parisian

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
what you say is very interesting....
I am maybe idiotic, but I had never thought about that... lol
However, I agree with you!

10inchPlus60

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
madame_zora said:
I'm a total suck-up, there's no way I could pass on extra brownie points!

Actually, I do have advice here, and it's not just mine. Similar advice has been given by Ann Landers and Ayn Rand (of all the people to give relationship advice!). You will find people that YOU find to be quality people doing things. Preferably they'll be doing things YOU are interested in, that's what will make them interesting to you. If you are in school, this is probably the easiest place. Go to that class you just love, and look around to see who else is digging it as much as you. If you go to church, BE CAREFUL- girls you meet in church will likely expect a marriage proposal. If you're out of school, what about your job? If you do something you care about, look around at who else cares, or if your job is one you just tolerate, see who else feels just like you.

If you're not involved right now in doing something that satifies your personal needs, take a class, give yourself chances to meet people DOING THINGS that you like. Get yourself innolved in activities you enjoy, and leave the business about meeting women as secondary. Two things will be accomplished by this- first, you'll be a happier individual from treating yourself well and second, women are attracted to well rounded men, so you will find someone (when you do) who likes you for the right reasons, not just because she thinks you're cute even though you have nothing in common. Don't you hate that feeling when you roll out of bed and try to talk to someone only to discover they're a total moron?

Do what YOU love, devote time out of your day, every day, to do something nice for yourself, and without knowing why or understanding how it works, your calendar will start filling up.
Well stated MZ and insightful for you single males of any age...I subscribe to "getting out" and being active in a range of activities to open some doors. I do advise caution with female friends in the work place whether they be single or married.

solong

Just Browsing
Media
Places to meet women? For what reason, is my question. For screwing? Or for possibly a serious relationship? Then you better watch out and play it smart.

You do have to watch out for women who hang around you simply because they've heard all about you, though. It's easy to get sucked in (uh, so to speak). That's a real trap. And gorgeous is more dangerous yet. So be careful. The big meat should really be the "BONUS," so don't make it the weekend special or it won't ever have the meaning for her that it could have.

When you start getting serious is after she's seen things in you that count, for her. Whichever tool you start off with tells her what is the most important feature in your package, to you. That might nix it. Let her lead, and don't worry that she might not know about your equipment. If you always have a surrprise or two, or three, then that's much better. Lead with the right head.

If you're looking for a wife and not just a good time, then I suggest you look in places like church, evening classes, decent places, or find a girl that's more the old-fashioned kind of chick, somebody who loves to cook, who's fit, respectable, and healthy, with nice looking and kind parents (you want kids of your own?), somebody that your respectable friends would want to recommend for you. You know-- get acquainted with women who are smart, professional, accomplished, and who make you look good (providing you do the same for them). And don't just look for "sexy," or beautiful, or stuff out there that makes the scenes. They get tiresome, and most of the time they're spoiled rotten. Women who demand the attention are not the kind of women that any man in his right mind would EVER WANT! TRUST ME ON THAT. They have to be coddled for the rest of their miserable lives because they've never learned that doing things for others is better. Why not have everything-- instead of settling for superficial schlock?

When you get married, you might think that you're just marrying that girl, but believe this, you might not realize it now, but when you tie the knot, you're marrying the whole damned family. They know it, even if you don't.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
OK, here's the sleeper:
Go to a laundry mat in a good part of town. Don't tell me you already have a washer, do it anyway. GREAT place to hook up without the baggage of some of the other suggestions. My second, a dog park. If you don't have a mutt, borrow one. EASY opening conversation with this one.