Plane crashes into Residential building in New York City

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/11/plane.crash/index.html

An aircraft has crashed into the middle of a brick luxury high-rise residential building on Manhattan's Upper East Side at 72nd Street and York Avenue, police officials said.

The building is very close to the East River. There was no word on casualties as firefighters battled the flames that shot up from several windows in the middle of the building. The Federal Aviation Administration has said a "general aviation" aircraft had hit the building.

A North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) spokesperson, which monitors air traffic, told CNN that it had not been tracking the aircraft. (emphasis mine)

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It probably was not a terrorist attack -- the plane too small, the building not a sufficiently attractive target -- but I'm concerned by the idea that there are planes buzzing around the city that NORAD doesn't even track!

Someone get Dubya a copy of My Pet Goat.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Pitcher Cory Lidle piloted the plane...

OMG..how sad...and what a scare to NY again...

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I was shocked and completely saddened when I learned who had been in the plane that had crashed into that NYC high-rise! Cory Lidle was such a nice guy. I liked him a lot even when he wasn't a Yankee! I always thought he was cute. He had a wonderful smile and he always seemed to showcase it!:smile: And those eyes! He had the kind of eyes that make me melt! How sad that he died doing something that he only recently discovered his passion for. Seeing and hearing his twin brother on television (knowing that Cory was dead) was a most surreal experience. They were fraternal twins but looked almost identical. I wish only the best for his widow and their son. I hope they will find the strength to go on with out him. They have been in my thoughts and prayers since yesterday. Rest in peace, Cory Lidle.

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
it was such a bizarre thing...i was on the phone with someone around 3pm when they said "quick turn on the tv"...the first details were that either a helicopter or a small plane flew into an apartment building...so i didnt immediately assume terrorism, just based on that...so i paid attention to the news for a while, but obviously the stories kept changing as more details came in

what was really weird is after i took a shower i was in my room & turned on Mike & The Maddog (local sports talk show for those not in the area)...they were interviewing darryl strawberry, and suddenly on the side of the screen i see a hand pop in and give Mike a piece of paper, and his face just drops...he nudges Chris & shows it to him, all whiel Strawberry is still talking...they waited til the interview was over & said that ESPNNews was reporting the plane was Cory Lidle's...so it was this strange combination of like, real-world events colliding with sports

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Further conspiracy:

The plane crashed 10/11/06

If you turn that upside down you get: 90/11/01.

*runs in fear of apocalypse*

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
GoneA said:
Further conspiracy:

The plane crashed 10/11/06

If you turn that upside down you get: 90/11/01.

*runs in fear of apocalypse*

Thanks for answering post #13 on Friday the 13th!! :grinning-smiley-003