Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've not been to Prague but managed to wangle my flight to get a stopover there on the way:smile:. There are no direct flights from London to Bratislava it seems, most go to Vienna and take a taxi or bus from there.

I read somewhere.....one of the cheap airlines....maybe easy jet, lists a flight from london to Vienna but they actually land in Bratislava.

I luckily got to go to Prague before it became expensive..... I have a friend who lived there about 5 years ago....actually 2 gay boys...lol.....hope they don't see my pic on the internet...hahaha. It's a breath taking city...and yes the women are amazing!

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I read somewhere.....one of the cheap airlines....maybe easy jet, lists a flight from london to Vienna but they actually land in Bratislava.

Yes, I forgot Ryanair fly to Bratislava (for Vienna:rolleyes:). The flight times sucked though!!

I luckily got to go to Prague before it became expensive..... I have a friend who lived there about 5 years ago....actually 2 gay boys...lol.....hope they don't see my pic on the internet...hahaha. It's a breath taking city...and yes the women are amazing!

I heard it has been spoiled but I'm sure it will be OK for a short stopover. It's on expenses anyway so......:smile:

highlander4life

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Try this airline for flights to Hungaria MALÉV . They have direct flights from US and they are some of the cheapest. You can also get some of the cheaper season flights with Austrian Airlines, and British Airways. They usually have good deals if you book well ahead of time. For flights to Ljubljana, Slovenia from different European destinations try Adria Airways - Slovenia's national carrier. They fly to different destinations including London, (30 euros from London for example) Munich, Vienna etc., and they are really good.

Regarding places to visit. Slovenia, Bled is definitely worth visiting. Dubrovnik in Croatia is beafutiful and it's one of the oldest cities in Europe. While there visit island Vis, which was the home and war residence during the World War Two, to the famous president of Yugoslavia Josip Broz Tito, from where made plans against the Nazis. It's a beautiful island with lots of history. http://www.adria-island.org/en/island_text/croatia/island_vis/island_vis. Also not to forget Croatia is the land where the tie was invented, so if you want to get some good ties visit Croata ®: Ties & Neckties : Men's Designer Neck ties & Silk Necktie.

Hungary is beautiful, good wine, beautiful women, lots of history. Budapest Tourism Office - Official website of Budapest : Travel to Budapest, Hungary.

If you get a chance visit Montenegro, it's very close from Croatia, beautiful place, lots of history. Herceg Novi is one of the places I would recommed Grad Herceg Novi. Visit Montenegro || Montenegro - breathtaking beauty || Best Montenegro Tourist Site || dBO web site.

Belgrade is beautiful too. Great night life, lots of great clubs, beautiful women. Belgrade Nightlife - Reviews, Tips, Photos - VirtualTourist.com

Bulgaria, lots of places to visit. Sofia, the seaside, and Blagojevgrad a student city where the American University is located. Lots of students from all over Europe, very interesting place, great nightlife and lots to do. Travel Bulgaria - Bulgarian travel guide

Other places Macedonia, Kosovo and Albania, very interesting and if you have people to show around it's a great experience. Great nightlife, lots of beautiful women, great food etc.

Let me know if you need more info. Have traveled and lived throughout that part of the world.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Compared to the States, violent crime in Eastern Europe is virtually non-existent. Be wary of people trying to rip you off, particularly around airports or other foreigner-frequented areas. Know your exchange rates well and if something seems expensive, it almost certainly is. Eastern Europe should be extremely cheap. I wouldn't worry about thugs or anything of that sort.... just watch out for pickpockets and thieves. Never leave any personal affects unattended, keep your hands on your belongings at all times, don't put your bag on a table and look away... that sort of thing. But violent crime? Really not an issue. Just use common sense and be vigilant and you should be perfectly fine.

I wouldn't say that violent crime is virtually in Eastern Europe. Who are you fooling? Wife beaters are all over the place!:biggrin1: Sure, some countries are more notorious than others. Poland is the probably the safest nation in Eastern Europe.

Many tourists have visited Eastern Europe without having been a victim of any crime, violent or not. But, we need to remember not to be deceived by the countries' beauty and the generosity of their peoples. Eastern Europe = noxious corruption. Please do some research about life in Eastern Europe, and you'll get a good idea of what the social climate is all about.

Yes, USA is a horribly violent nation. There's not doubt about it. :eek:

Eastern Europe operates at a different beat than the US.

joeice345

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Croatia: Split is good for a day, Hvar is as well. Can't miss Dubrovnik for 1-3 days.

Slovenia: Lublujuana is a nice place. Defiinitly go to Bled. I've heard there's a great national park. Didn't make it there.

Hungary: The strip clubs try to scam you HARD (like hundreds to thousands of dollars). The police are in it with em. Be very careful and do your homework. Besides that, go to the baths in Budapest. It's a great city.

Poland: Krakow is cool. Stay there to visit Auschuich (however you spell it). Salt mine is cool. I've heard good things about Warsaw. They are suposed to have some great museums.

Most people that talk about how dangerous eastern europe is have never been there. Have a good time.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Went to a Wedding in Miskolc, NE Hungary, it is a SPA town with many open swimming pools about 2-3 hours drive from Budapest bypassing the city of Eger, famous for superior Hungarian wines. Also on the way is Tokaji - famous for a very special wine! There are very many beautiful women in Hungary and the food is rather good, you'll enjoy it!

sdz

Just Browsing
Media
I am lithuanian. Can help you with things to do in Lithuania and Latvia. Just tell me how long and then exactly are you gonna be there. Might be able to show you something around (at least in Vilnius - the capital of Lithuania) if time will be suitable for me. Also can give some recommendations for hotels.

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well how did it go Quercusone?:confused:

My holiday went well....except for AA/ Malev losing my bags for a day on the way over. Dubrovnik was beautiful and a must see. Lake Plitvice National Park in Croatia was/ is amazingly beautiful. Ljubljana, Slovenia is a nice, quaint town and Lake Bled, Slovenia was beautiful. I wish I would have had time to go further into the Julian Alps.

Overall, the beer, food and women were not as good as other parts of Europe.....Copenhagen is still my favorite place.

bigbulge86

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey! I'm in Berlin and going to Bratislava tonight. I'll spend the night there tomorrow, any cool sugestions?? I searched on the net, but couldnt get if the clubs are hot or not... There are the Apollon and the 4 Pink's, but I dont know if they're nice.... Anyone?

joeice345

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Croatia: Dubrovnik is on your list I'm sure. Hvar is kind of cool and you can probably figure out a way to go from Split to Dubrovnik and stay an extra day or two at Hvar en route.

Hungary: There's a place just outside of Budapest where they hauled all of the old Soviet statues. The bath house in Budapest is worth a day as well.

Slovenia and Croatia both have some great national parks (can't remember the names). Bled in Slovenia is worth a day or two at least. Great place to chill.

I'm not sure how much time you have or how you're getting around, however, there are a couple of great things between the south and the north. Salisburg, Austria and Prague are both cool. In Poland Krakow and Auswitch are both worth seeing. I've heard good things about the Salt mines in Krakow as well. Berlin and Dresen Germany aren't too far out of the way either.

I'm jealous.

Reactions: shapely

I was so going to ask about vacationing in France I'm planning on leaving around March and I had a LOT of questions just wanted to see if anyone had been...........

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I like to drive between city centres and then park it and go on foot or get a bike or take taxis. Driving in an familiar city is too much trouble for me.

Rode the bike from Istanbul to Monaco in 2008. The whole Adriatic coast from Greece to Venice is fantastic and beautiful.

Albania is the 'toughest' place. The roads are shite and the main business is car washing. Really. Car washes everywhere. And lots of big guys in dark suits crammed into black Benzes and i750's roaring around. I never did figure out what they do. I think they "protect" the car wash places.

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WoW! This thread is 4 years old or so...haha! I usually take the train between cities as I hate to drive. Croatia, at the time I was there, didn't have a train to Dubrovnik but it did have an overnight ferry that was very nice. Coming back to Split we took a bus that was ok but the roads are very twisty mountain roads.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
WoW! This thread is 4 years old or so...haha! I usually take the train between cities as I hate to drive. Croatia, at the time I was there, didn't have a train to Dubrovnik but it did have an overnight ferry that was very nice. Coming back to Split we took a bus that was ok but the roads are very twisty mountain roads.

I believe Croatia still doesn`t have a train to Dubrovnik, I might be wrong though. But there is a train from Zagreb to Split, and there is a train from Belgrade to Split too. I haven`t been to Cratia in ages, but I would highly recommend it. I believe it has the best seaside. But you should visit it only during the summer. In the winter times the winds can blow really hard!
I must say that all of Ex-Yugoslavia is beautiful. I would recommend the mountains and spas of Serbia, Lake Ohrid in Macedonia, the mountains and seaside in Montenegro and Slovenia, Sarajevo and the mountains in Bosnia, and of corse the beautiful islands and seaside of Croatia.
And the food is amazing too. It`s a mix of Meditarranean, Hungarian, German, Turkish and Greek food.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Travel's not realistic for me right now, due to both financial and (minor but irritating) health issues, so I've taken to Googling maps of places throughout Eastern Europe, spending hours pouring over Flickr pix and Wikipedia articles/links to different destinations. It's not quite the same thing as actually going there, but it's a nice second.

One place I'd love to visit is Cluj-Napoca in Romania. As the borders between Hungary and Romania have fluctuated over the centuries (and were always more about politics than ethnic/language distribution anyway), there's a large proportion of Hungarians there, and Cluj was, historically, the chief city of Transylvania :biggrin1:

Compared to cities in the former Yugoslavia, Cluj appears very run down, or at least "unrestored", which means that most of the snap and verve of the original hasn't been homogenized into Disney-esque versions of Old Europe. Also bear in mind the Ceausescu was on a single-minded mission to wipe out as much historical Romania as possible, so Cluj remains something of a rarity in its relatively "whole" condition (regardless of its current state of repair). It would no doubt be a fascinating but very frustrating place to stay for, say, a week to 10 days, which how I prefer to travel. I never understood the American tourist's ADD in seeing five spots in four days :rolleyes:

Sofia, Bulgaria is another area I've researched extensively based mostly on the merits of its pre-war architecture and ethnic diversity (it's traditionally been a real melting pot of Muslims, Orthodox Christians and Catholics); it's an odd mix of Belle Epoque and traditional Turk-influenced architecture and culture. It seems to have been "restored" compared to Romania, and WW2 inflicted some pretty severe damage. It's difficult to know what remains, as most of the pix I found were taken between 1890 and 1940, and the few contemporary shots I've seen suggest that there were more losses than gains during the Cold War rebuild. Still: it would be interesting, if nothing else. I was speaking to a customer a few months back about travel and Sofia came up: he said it didn't impress him, but he was speaking about nightlife, not architectural preservation.

I'm not sure I'd trust gay nightlife anywhere east of, say Prague or Budapest anyway. If I were to visit such places (or St Petersburg, for that matter, which is a life-long dream visit), it would be with an eye to local culture, cuisine and architecture and keep my horniness concentrated to cities in Germany or Paris.

Last edited by a moderator:

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...Bulgaria...
I wouldn`t go there, I spent 2 days in Sofia on my way to Turkey. It has lost most of it`s historic charm. And not to mention the roads and infrastracture. The roads are much better in Serbia (and they are quite shitty here). The food is great and quite cheap in Bulgaria. It is said that the mountains and the saside are lovely there. I don`t know, haven`t been there.