Plant Based Diet & Erection Quality

Anyone here switch to a vegan/plant based diet and notice any difference in the quality/quantity of erections? I was chatting with a guy in his early 40s and he said since he's made the switch he's spontaneously popped boners like he did in high school. Also, the documentary "The Game Changers" made similar claims. Any info provided would be appreciated

BigGerman

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Cologne (North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)
Verification
View
I don't think there's any published research on the topic. Maybe some will come out in the future, now that the Game Changers documentary raised some eyebrows.
Personally I always had very hard and strong erection, even before I went vegan so I can't even give a good anecdotal answer.
The basic idea is that many animal products can clot up arteries and make blood flow more difficult (which is why vegan diets are linked to much lower risk of cardio-vascular-diseases) which would make getting and maintaining erections harder.
It's worth a try but honestly there are much better reasons to go vegan (ethical ones) and without any research it's tough to draw any conclusions from it. And obviously it likely won't have any impact if the origin of the erectile problems are psychological.

Reactions: dexterfrisson

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Anecdotal, but repeating pattern.
My exhusband would eat vegetarian at home. (strict veg, no egg, minor amounts of dairy)
His erections were strong and eager.
Dining out, he would get meat, or eggs, and often cheese.
After about two hours, and well into the next day, his erections were spongier, and needed more encouragement. We were in our 30s and 40s.

My partner now is mid to late 60s. He is an omnivore. When we hang out with me cooking, or he’s on a salad for every meal kick (he loves salads and rarely adds animal products) he says he “feels younger.” And then demonstrates. Even on tour, he’s obviously feisty.
If I can take it slow, he can stay hard for well more than an hour, and refractory time is less, after a day of veggies.
Firmer, and better recovery, even with medications that impact erections negatively. No stiffy drugs in use.

I was partially surprised at the scene in GameChangers. (Which I watched back-to-back with Magic Pill) Mainly at the speed at which animal products impacted the circularity system. Think of erections as canaries in the blood’s coal mines.

My ex and I didn’t use coconut or palm oils.
My partner doesn’t eat them, but does eat butter.
I’m curious what plant based saturated fats would do on a similar experiment.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I have read that men on a plant based diet have a much lower testosterone level than carnivores.

Try slightly higher.

The effects of diet on circulating sex hormone levels in men. - PubMed - NCBI

“Observational studies between men from different dietary groups have shown that a vegan diet is associated with small but significant increases in sex-hormone-binding globulin and testosterone concentrations in comparison with meat-eaters. However, these studies have not demonstrated that variations in dietary composition have any long-term important effects on circulating bioavailable sex hormone levels in men. This lack of effect may be partly explained by the body's negative feedback mechanism, which balances out small changes in androgen metabolism in order to maintain a constant level of circulating bioavailable androgens.”
From the abstract above.

BMJ ran a bit on the same study
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374537/pdf/83-6691152a.pdf

The British journal minimized the importance of the slight elevation of testosterone. They did remark on globulin.

Last edited: