Plastic Surgery...good, bad, or ugly?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Claude_Crowsfoot, Jan 28, 2008.

1. D_Claude_Crowsfoot

D_Claude_Crowsfoot Account Disabled

So I'm wondering...what is everyone's opinion on plastic surgery? I've see a lot of things on the internet making fun of people with too much plastic surgery, botched surgeries, obviously fake boobs, etc. Yes its funny, but I think most surgeries don't turn out like that. So I'm curious if anyone has actually had plastic surgery done...why did you do it? what were people's reactions after? Share your story.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I think the thought of getting plastic surgery done is reeeaalllyy wierd. It just seems too permenant too me...i dunno. let's hear your opinions

2. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

In the UK people seem to go into having cosmetic surgery without using their common sense, they pick a surgeon out of the phone book, have a chat with a consultant who's little more than a salesman, then book themselves in for surgery with a surgeon who's never seen them prior to the op. Most surgery turns out ok, it could turn out better if they actually researched their op a little better.

3. softly

softly New Member

I think it's aging that makes people want to change something. I don't know. I'm young and still beautiful, and i wouldn't change anything about me. But when i'll be 40 i'll probably want to look like now....

4. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Im to afraid of needles and surgery to consider it, but in the future who knows?

5. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I'll definitely consider it in the future, but I'll make sure I've selected my doctor through personal recommendation from someone whose work I liked and by viewing before and after pics of his work and by having a long consultation with the doctor who'll be doing it.

6. nay-nay

nay-nay New Member

i think it's gross when people get like 20 surgeries done and it's obvious. if it looks natural, AWESOME.

i think it looks ugly when girls have these huge boobs that look as round and big as melons. :rolleyes: such a huge turn off for me. i like natural breasts, and not too big. i dont think i could ever get anything done b/c surgery just grosses me out, and it creeps me out. going under the knife and all. ahhh!

i see women, including my mother, depressed b/c they are aging. i don't want to be like that, and feel pressured to go under the knife to correct my flaws. i will accept old age. i think it's beautiful. :smile:

7. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I don't see why ageing means we have to be less attractive as attraction is perceived by society if we have the choice not to be. I agree that overdone plastic surgery is foul, I don't want to end up with my eyes on my forehead and the loss of all ability to move my facial muscles.

8. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

There was a woman in the newspaper who was 'fat'. She went in for cosmetic surgery (with a famously corrupt doctor...think it was Jan?) and came out 'fat' and looking like a patchwork doll.

http://www.villiscareview.com/ISN/MHPatchworkBear.jpg

On topic: I don't agree with plastic surgery. Unless of course someone has had a terrible disfiguring accident. If that isn't the case:

1) Why waste your money and take such a risk?
    2) What's wrong with the way you look and do you have such a low opinion of yourself that you dislike the way you look?

I won't be winning any Adonis lookalike contests but I won't be going under the knife either.

9. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

that's nothing my friend went in for a nose job and they accidentally amputated all her limbs, she now makes a living as a door stop.

10. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    The advances in plastic surgery for cosmetic purposes also developed treatments for people in need of surgery for accidennt and birth defects. On that score alone I'm glad it is around for people.

11. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

12. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Plastic surgery is a wonderful thing for those who need it after disfigurement after an accident or want to tighten their bodies after childbirth. SP's comment is not far off the mark. I swear in the US, people jot down a number from a billboard and decide that's who they'll use to reconstruct something on their bodies. If those people don't suffer from infections and misplaced nipples, they're lucky.

I'm all for plastic surgery if someone wants it. As far as breast implants go, i'm glad silicone is being used again. Saline implants look so artificial. Oh, and i'll take this time to laugh at men who say they think plastic surgery is unnecessary and continue to ogle women who've clearly had loads of work done. Be careful what you say. It may come back to haunt you. :eek:

13. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    If I could afford it I'd consider be lightly freshened

14. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I have no issues with people who get plastic surgery... however, I do tend to worry a bit about people who get it constantly, or for seemingly the wrong reasons.

15. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

16. snoozan

Gold Member

I'm considering some surgery after I get my body as fit as I'd like it to correct some scarring and excess skin from a c-section. My breasts are also not what they used to be from gaining weight and then losing it after I had my son. For a long time I was completely anti-surgery, but now I know why people choose to do it.

I'm with bliss on this, there are a lot of guys bemoaning plastic surgery and yet they seem to just adore what implants look like. I rarely see implants that look real or even that good, but the women sporting them seem to get all the love of the guys. I'm not speaking in general, either, I mean a vast number of LPSG guys.

17. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

18. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:

Yeah, gaining and losing a lot of weight can do a number on one's body in the form of stretched and damaged skin, and it can be a huge disappointment for people to go through the effort to lose a lot of weight and then realize they still don't look how they wanted to. I'm all for that kind of surgery, especially when someone's put in so much work to lose weight.

Just gotta make sure to get a very good surgeon!

19. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

With the exception of corrective and restorative, the practicality behind most plastic surgery is 90% elective and vanity.

20. like2playwbd

like2playwbd New Member

Albums:

Agreed!:smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted