Plax Burress shoots himself while out gangbanging

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
I am sorry for twisting your words.

No worries.

Maybe it's my nature, but I have never been involved in a violent crime (excluding bar fights) that occurred outside of work. I have never been mugged or assaulted on the streets. I have been to some larger cities, including DC, at night and I survived unscathed. I don't know which parts of these cities are seedy and which are safe, but I never felt unsafe in any part of these cities. Besides, if I was mugged and I had a gun on me, I wouldn't use it.

And if I was armed doesn't mean I would try and use my firearm either. It is situation dependant. This goes back to what I said regarding Plaxico and people like him, if you have the money hire a professional. I've been in enough situations and training where I feel I can somewhat comfortably determine what the situation calls for. If someone tries to mug me I'm sure 9 times out 10 the safe play is to hand over my wallet. It's that 1 time I want to be prepared if it's someone on a rampage and it's not just a mugger etc.

Do you think that every honest, decent American should be armed? Do you think that if there were 100 million gun-toting vigilantes then America would be safe? Have you not read the Wal-Mart threads on this site and other herd-mentality threads? Do you know how dangerous a mob of people with guns are? Do you know how much more effective Taser guns are then real guns?

It is our right to own weapons. However, it varies state to state if people are allowed to carry firearms on their person. I believe that there should be waiting periods and state provided training for those that want to obtain a concealed weapons permit. If they are not criminals, mental patients and pass a background check, yes they should be allowed to own a firearm. Again, having a permit to carry it for protection is something else.

And just because someone carries a firearm, that doesn't make them a vigilante.

Taser more effective than a firearm? How so? What if there is more than one person to deal with, are you talking a taser that can be fired at distance, what if they are further than the standard 15 foot range? What if you miss, how many shots do you have? Sorry I'll take my 10mm or .45 ACP.

Why the hell is it legal for a civilian to own an assault rifle? An assault rifle is only good for one thing--assault. I can almost accept the excuse to own a hand gun, but the NRA has lobbied the shit out of congress to make it legal for civilians to own all kinds of guns.

That's where I tend to waiver as well. Assualt rifles should only be allowed to be purchased by people with specific licenses and not the entire public. I understand why some people think we should be allowed to own them, I personally don't buy it.

If you have served in Baghdad then you are familiar with the problem of civilians having guns--especially groups of angry young men with too much time on their hands. Why on earth would you want America to have the same sort of problems?

Not exactly an apples to apples comparison. You're talking about a culture that is a little different than what is here in the states. And I never said that all people should be walking about with a pistol on their hip. State to state dictates what you can or cannot do regarding concealed weapons, I don't have a problem with that. But if someone wants a firearm for home protection, it's their right to do so.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I am a woman and I routinely carry a knife and pepper spray and I have a gun for safety in my home. It's my right to do so, plus my town is full of meth zombies.

~crosses legs~

Seriously, why????

I worked in the security field for 5 years. I have had clients with bars on all of their home windows, $10,000 security systems, attack dogs, steel perimeter fencing, even video surveillance. They are victims. They are letting the bad guys win by living like paranoid freaks. I personally lost money by not selling more alarm crap to them and missing out on my cut. I felt sorry for these people.

If you feel like you need to own a gun to be safe... then get out of Dodge.

Come to Canada. Our poles are just fine.

polesmoker

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Finish that Bud so you can get the pitt bull into the Hummer and get some practice at the firing range. Crank up the Vince Gill on the way there. :wink:

How far off am I?

I drink green tea, an occasional Bombay Sapphire on the rocks, haven't been behind the wheel of a Hummer since I left Iraq, I couldn't pick Vince Gill out of a police line up and my two dogs are Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

Glad to see you like to stereotype though.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I drink green tea, an occasional Bombay Sapphire on the rocks, haven't been behind the wheel of a Hummer since I left Iraq, I couldn't pick Vince Gill out of a police line up and my two dogs are Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

Glad to see you like to stereotype though.

I have to say that I am impressed... for what it's worth. Yes, I do stereotype (I can't help myself) and yes, you do sound like one of 'them' when you talk about guns.

I had to google Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Rec, I'm not an idiot. I realize I'm not living in a Baghdad warzone, and extremists aren't camped out behind my house. HOWEVER, hundreds of murders are committed in the US each day. Many of those people weren't expecting it. They had dinner plans, dates, work, murder wasn't on there agenda. YOU don't plan your murder, your murderer does.

The fact that violent crimes are decreasing isn't any comfort to the victims. If the level of violent crimes was zero, I'd be the first one protesting the outlaw of useless guns. Call me when the violent crimes in the US gets below 100, I'll start drawing picket signs.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
I have to say that I am impressed... for what it's worth. Yes, I do stereotype (I can't help myself) and yes, you do sound like one of 'them' when you talk about guns.

I had to google Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

Here are mine sleeping in the guest bedroom, their coat is a little lighter than most Rhodesians. The male in the background is very big for the breed as well, last weigh in he was about 140 pounds (64 Kilos for you metric types).

Attachments

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tough break for Giants fans. Wife-beater Plax Burress was out gangbanging at a club and shot himself in the leg with a gun that may be unregistered. Also, his permit to carry a concealed weapon is expired.
This could be the end of his career with the Giants.
Good! I hope so. The NFL doesn't need a bunch of ghetto riff-raff.
You can get a permit to carry a concealed gun? :33:
Yup, and in Georgia you can carry concealed anywhere but the airport.

FWIW: I was against that law but it wasn't one of those things we got to vote on. It passed as a knee-jerk reaction to a murder in a state park last year.

- what kind of name is Plax?
Apparently he was named after a mouth wash designed to prevent dental decay. :lmao:

Finish that Bud so you can get the pitt bull into the Hummer and get some practice at the firing range. Crank up the Vince Gill on the way there. :wink:
How far off am I?
Can't speak for Wartrac, but in Georgia and New Jersey only YUPPIES and wannabes drive Hummers. By the way, real rednecks shoot animals and critters, not targets. :tongue:

While it's fucking adorable that you and marley are now lovebirds, I gotta say that you'z guys have the typical American homestead notion that you need a gun in order to be safe. Violent crime is steadily decreasing each year in the US.
Besides, it's not like either of you live in Detroit or Oakland--let alone Baghdad.
You don't have to live in a city or war zone to have violent crime be a part of your daily life. Sheesh Rec! You are very smart on a lot of things but this is one topic you are dumb about. :angryfire2:

At the risk of seeming biased, you should consider hiring private security to do your bank runs. It's a cheap and simple solution.
:rofl: Maybe hiring someone to do your errands is cheap in the frozen tundra of the north. Down here in the lower 48 it's going to cost from $60 an hour on up.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
After sifting through 11 pages of...comments.. I figure I might as well throw mine in.

Depending on state to state rules... You can get a Concealed weapons permit. THat's kinda the point of the permit, is to carry it concealed so you don't freak out the general population or anti-gun people, and pull it out only in a life threatening situation.
Goes along with "Right to bear arms".

In MI, you are NOT allowed to take a firearm into any Financial institutions, clubs/bars, educational institutions, or airports.

Depending on the laws in the state he resided in...I would imagine that it would be ILLEGAL to carry a gun into a club/bar. So that may have been violation #1. (What was he expecting in that bar anyway)
#2 violation was that it was expired. It's not a big deal to re-up on a CCW license, providing there are no criminal offenses. Mabee he's got something on his record he paid to keep hush hush.

Vic and the rest of the sports "Untouchables" need to be brought down to a level like the rest of us. There's breaking the law.... and then theres BREAKING the law...

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Upon execution of a search warrant, authorities uncovered an aresenal of weapons in Plax's home, none of which are believed to be registered.

Doesn't bode well for Plax...