PlayStation 3 3-D

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am going to buy a PlayStation 3 with my heath pay because it will play games and blu-rays in 3-D

I HAVE 50" SAMSUNG 3-D DLP THAT I will hook my ps3 up to.

Cool! I've got mine linked up to a 26" lcd telly - still looks good tho.

U'll need a HDMI cable, I think.

faceless

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
A PS3 can't play blu rays in 3D, nor can you get 3D blu ray discs or players yet. Also, you might want to be careful with that screen, because the standards for 3D might change, as can happen with new technologies. It sucks that you still have to wear those goofy glasses though :(

faceless

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have coraline and my bloody valentine on blu-ray and its in 3d it comes with the old 3d glasses from the 80's red and blue lense and I play it on my ps3

That's not what 3D Blu Ray is, this is a different technology which switches between two different images for each frame of content. The special glasses then switch between the left and right eye correspondingly. This give you a full-frame HD image for each eye. The drawback being that the frame rate is halved. The red/green glasses are a cheat way of faking the 3D experience because your screen only produces one image, unlike when you see it a the cinema where they use two projectors.

I've heard that the true 3D blu ray tech is pretty amazing, but it's going to be expensive to upgrade to compatible players and discs (capable of producing 2 independent image signals).

If you want a better explanation check out HD Nation #18 at revision3.com.