Playstation 3 rocks!!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Axcess, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Axcess

Gold Member

I just brought the 80 gig playstation 3 console and it rocks!!
    The Blue Ray movies look fantastic and my tv isn't even true high definition . I can browse the internet with the console too and the library of games is very good right now . 400 bucks for this console is a great deal .

2. trentster

trentster New Member

Albums:
    Well, it's good to find someone who learned something everyone knew. Sorry, I have a PS3 as well and I love it to death. You need to know anything about it, just ask me.

3. D_skeaflea

D_skeaflea New Member

Personally, I don't really care for most of the exclusives on the PS3 and I really hate the small, weightless controller. I love the graphics in the Gran Turismo games, but I played the demo for about fifteen minutes and I was completely bored the entire time.

I guess the only option for me would be to get it as a Blu-Ray player, but those seem to be outrageously expensive right now. I'm not going to give $40 for a movie i'll only watch once or twice.

If more exclusives come out for it that I like and the prices of Blu-Ray goes down quite a bit, i'll definitely consider getting one. Until then, i'll just wait.

Don't get me wrong: I'm glad you guys enjoy your PS3s. It just isn't for me.

4. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

The graphics and sound is killer on Blu-Ray movies, even when coming through the regular tv speakers.

5. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    Love mine! The Blu-Ray player in it alone is worth the reason to buy it. But the games are great (LOVE Resistance and the Ratchet and Clanks) and the on-line options for them are wicked; I think some of the 13-20 year olds that I thrash in Resistance would be horrified to know a 51 year old guy is kicking their 'I know EVERYthing about PS3' asses!! Woo hoo

6. D_percypenguin

D_percypenguin Account Disabled

wii for the win :tongue:

well theyre winning in sales

and i got a 360 too which has the most diverse library of games...... in fact the most highest selling franchise/brand of all time moreso then harry potter or anything like that is what inspired part of my username

god i hope liking video games doesnt influence poorly on my "young stud" status :tongue: (look for young stud thread)

7. avg_joe

Gold Member

If you pay $100 more, you will get 160 gig PS-3.

8. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

I do not have the 400.00 for PS3 and 70.00 a game :(

9. D_Portelay Porquesword

I want one! I want one! I still have PS2 (God of War is my fav)

10. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have one, and though it's not cheap,

IT'S AWESOME.

Some of the greatest games out there are only on the PS3 and the Blu Ray player is great along with a slew of other features.

11. trentster

trentster New Member

Albums:
    Don't get the 160GB PS3, it's cheaper to buy the 80GB one and buy an bigger HD for cheaper.

In other news, HOME came out yesterday. It is less than impressive right now, but seems like it could become pretty good.

12. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

soory guys 360 pwns ps3

13. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

I love my PS3 and the bluray is a wonderful addition. The only thing I'm not keen on is the updates for games which can sometimes take up to an hour.

14. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

I am going to use a PC for games with a 1080P video card and a AMD Quad Core Processor with 7.1 sound.

15. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    i'm not a big gamer, but i just bought a nintendo DS, along with castlevania: order of ecclesia, castlevania: dawn of sorrow, zelda: phantom hour glass, and new super mario bros.

those three series are da kine! they're basically the only series that can hold my attention long enough. i have the castlevanias for gameboy advance playstation and playstation 2. i've only beaten lament of innocence, sypmhony of the night, and aria of sorrow. i need for get to work haha.

i started with order of ecclesia. dunno why, just seemed kinda interesting. maybe because the trilingual manual offered nothing in terms of what the hell was goin on. it's basically just how for control shanoa, that's it. no story at all

16. Hairy_Legs

Hairy_Legs New Member

Wanted to like the ps3 but i can buy an xbox 360 for less than half the price and play the same games.

17. D_fitnesswitness

D_fitnesswitness Account Disabled

From what I've witnessed. Xbox360's tend to malfunction. I've known 4 people who've returned theirs for having red rings, and one whose video card was broken. I think I'll save some money and invest in the security and blue ray capability of the Playstation3.

Now....I just need $400.

Who wants to touch my dick for $400?

Any takers?

lol

18. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol indeed. Why pay to touch yours when I can touch mine for free? :biggrin: Just come over to my house and we can play.

Seriously I had my PS3 for 1 week before it crapped out. Right after downloading a system update, it refused to read any disc. CD, DVD, games,.. nothing. Sony took about a month to get me a new one. Researching the net I found out that it was a common problem and Sony was rountinely replacing the units. Other than that I like it as a Blu-ray player and a games console. I do wish there were other controllers for it. I don't like it for shooting and flying games. The ability to hook my Logitech joystick to it would be perfect.

19. swedish fish88

Albums:
    What other games besides Metal Gear Solid 4 is worth playing? I finally got a 360 and it hasn't messed up once. Can't stop playing Bioshock.

20. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I do a pick up game of Madden or FIFA... and feel empty and abused after blowing off an hour of life....

Draft saved Draft deleted