Please bare with me

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Think_Kink, Aug 18, 2007.

1. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I am in the process of teaching my computer to type for me. It takes great amounts of time and patience, I realize that my posts may come out a little bit jumbled and words in places where they shouldn't be. It will get better over time and this is all part of the process. Thank you.

PS if anyone has information on how to get Dragon NaturallySpeaking to do to this process any quicker it would be greatly appreciated. Reading all the stories is very time-consuming and they bore me half to death.

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Wow! I need a program like that for school! I just spent 45 minutes typing out notes. :frown1:

3. BoxerBriefs

BoxerBriefs New Member

Are you using 9.0? If so, have you applied the latest patch? The program has really come a long way and doesn't require nearly the amount of training the early versions did. A good headset makes a ton of difference, as well.

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I got this program to save my wrists from the pain thay I have been getting. Might be carpal tunnel or tendinitis. I can give you the program and all the codes you need but you need a good microphone. It's common sense on how you use it but it takes a lot of time to set up.

5. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

would that be the one that takes a hundred and some odd minutes to download?

6. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    good luck getting it down. I could use something like that. I am being sent for an EMG (nerve testing) to rule out neuropathy in my hands, wrist, and feet next month. Oh boy I am looking forward to that!

7. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

It is really easy to get your hands on. And buying the program costs about $200. My friend downloaded it off the Internet and we used key gems or something to get it to work. There is a special way to do so, but the program is there if you guys want. I can direct you to it.

8. rexcasual

rexcasual Member

Good luck!

I hope there is no truth to that nasty rumour I heard about carpal tongue fatigue. :tongue:

9. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I should hope not.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

Tink, I think you have been playing with yourself on cam too much and thats why you are getting CTS. :tongue: Are your fingertips all wrinkled and pruney from being wet so much? Cause that's a sign . . . :biggrin1:

11. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

No no no, I really like this program, I can choose which quote option I want, Without having to touch the keyboard. I believe that with everything I do with my hands... 6-7+ hours online ontop of housekeeping, and being a cashier my body is just giving up on me. I push my arms far too much, and I know that. But it is my coping mechanism.

12. viking1

Gold Member

Good luck getting it to work satisfactorily. Maybe they have inproved it by now, though. I tried it a couple of years back and it never worked very well for me. I just gave up and kept using my fingers.

13. Principessa

Gold Member

I'm just teasing. The internet is my coping mechanism as well, I completely understand. :smile:

14. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I know you did, I just wanted to clarify for everyone else.

Draft saved Draft deleted