Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

stax 68

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
5. Period blood attracts grizzly bears.

No, it’s not just an iconic line from Anchorman. Many men are genuinely concerned that being92 in the presence of a menstruating woman may put them at risk of encountering dangerous wild animals, such as bears or sharks. Supposedly this fear can be traced back to a bear attack in Montana in 1967 which left two women dead, one of whom was having her period at the time.

Bears..no idea but it seems....
It would be crazy to swim in shark waters in anything that was spreading blood in the water..

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
5. Period blood attracts grizzly bears.

No, it’s not just an iconic line from Anchorman. Many men are genuinely concerned that being92 in the presence of a menstruating woman may put them at risk of encountering dangerous wild animals, such as bears or sharks. Supposedly this fear can be traced back to a bear attack in Montana in 1967 which left two women dead, one of whom was having her period at the time.

Bears..no idea but it seems....
It would be crazy to swim in shark waters in anything that was spreading blood in the water..

ummmmm, you're safe as long as the shark doesn't hug her too hard.

Do you really think women are free-bleeding at the beach?

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Reactions: MickeyLee

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Men are we sharing enough with you? TMI? :sob:

What's funny is there's this correllation between women sharing details of their periods with me in RL and us eventually sleeping together.

I don't know if it's just a measure of the level of comfort they had around me (that if they felt comfortable sharing those kinds of details it meant I was a close friend), or if it was consciously or subconsciously trying to communicate information about their fertility, but it is what it was... regular updates about cramps and flows and a few months later we'd be in bed together :p

Overall, it seems like this would capture the experience pretty well.

eSs2IvH.jpg

Or maybe this

0bfHIA5.jpg

Maybe a bit of this

DeIVhxN.jpg

Or a tad of this

tskidqr.jpg

Perhaps occasionally like this

La3eBTa.jpg

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Awesome..cause everyone knows Popular Science are the experts on both Menstruation and Auto Maintenance.

Umm....you know that Popular Science and Popular Mechanics are two completely different periodicals that both have the word Popular in their names, right?

Poor thing, I guess you don't...

Popular Science is about all things scientific, which includes the life sciences.
Popular Mechanics is about machines.

stax 68

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Popular Science is about all things scientific, which includes the life sciences.
Popular Mechanics is about machines.

They are both fall into the MythBuster category..that's why they're called "Popular"

"This crow is smarter than your 5th grader" article is hardly real science.

Real science is published in journals...not Popular magazines.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They are both fall into the MythBuster category..that's why they're called "Popular"

"This crow is smarter than your 5th grader" article is hardly real science.

Real science is published in journals...not Popular magazines.

It's called "popular" because it's science for the populace. The magazine is over a 100 years old and is to disseminate science related articles to hobbyists and layperson enthusiasts.

Even though more than 90% of shark attacks worldwide are on men, and even though a person is 50 times more likely to be killed by lightning in their lifetime than to be killed by a shark, you can go right on believing that sharks are determined maneaters and women's vaginas are irresistable sharkbait.

Last edited:

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Instead of preaching to the choir shouldn't this be in the Ask A Man forum?

The question still stands: are we sharing enough?

I recently had return of the flow. Yay, aging Mirena.
So, I actually had to mention such things to The Guitarist, who was likely assuming menopause.
And it’s tough.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I shared plenty with the men I lived with. Grew up in an environment of secrecy and didn’t want that in anyway for myself. So everyone got educated.

Women can get weird ideas about periods, too. The ‘not getting pregnant’ one is huge. So sharing accurate information is really important.

@EllieP if you feel this thread needs to be moved, go ahead. I just wanted to know if women talked to their partners about it. If they ever had to educate or dispel any myths. Not just if men believed any of the myths themselves.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Women can get weird ideas about periods, too. The ‘not getting pregnant’ one is huge. So sharing accurate information is really important.

When I was younger, a female friend once told me in earnest that if a boy and girl were roughhousing like in a flag football game, and she was having her period, if he accidentally touched her there she could get pregnant.

WrKPhfd.gif

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
When I was younger, a female friend once told me in earnest that if a boy and girl were roughhousing like in a flag football game, and she was having her period, if he accidentally touched her there she could get pregnant.

WrKPhfd.gif
Omg. Were they playing naked? And did he touch here with his penis? Otherwise...wow...just wow...

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I shared plenty with the men I lived with. Grew up in an environment of secrecy and didn’t want that in anyway for myself. So everyone got educated.

@EllieP if you feel this thread needs to be moved, go ahead. I just wanted to know if women talked to their partners about it. If they ever had to educate or dispel any myths. Not just if men believed any of the myths themselves.

No, it shouldn't be moved because I love it here, but it's such an educational tool that I'd like more men to be able to view it. Of course, I'm sure that 90% of viewers in Women's Issues are men anyway.

Reactions: 6inchcock

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
No, it shouldn't be moved because I love it here, but it's such an educational tool that I'd like more men to be able to view it. Of course, I'm sure that 90% of viewers in Women's Issues are men anyway.
Pretty much. Men, men, everywhere.

Thankfully my sweetie is pretty dang on point about his knowledge. He apparently had some pretty funny misconceptions about women's health when he was rather young, but those got rapidly dispelled.