Please Forgive Me...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tripod, Nov 5, 2008.

1. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I really wanna apologize to the conservatives and independents that lean conservative on lpsg. I have said many harsh things out of anger and general bi-polarism. Can you guys find it in your hearts to forgive me?

I crossed the line many times and just wanna say that it was unkind.

I really care about you guys despite my constant supply of vitriol.

I am sorry.

It's time to start healing and I wanna take the first step guys. :redface:

2. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're a big man in more than one way tripod. :wink:

3. D_Marazion Analdouche

From my perspective there is nothing to forgive. Opinions are just that opinions, nothing said by anyone is going to change my life, and I don't mean that in a snide or sarcastic way.

Personally, I just laugh when I'm told I'm a hardcore right winger etc. Or that republicans are to blame for everything. I'm literally smack in the middle and look at things from that point of view and see how both parties have screwed things up.

I lean a little right when it comes to being fiscal, however many of my tax plan ideas are found in Obama's plan.

Socially I am very liberal, abortion, gay rights etc I am very much for to each his/her own. I am very much anti-catholic/church even though I was brought up that way.

People on both sides need to relax and understand that working together is the only way things will be corrected. And with that means also having to admit where mistakes have been made across the board, accountability breeds teamwork.

4. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

You are a first class man indeed. Then again you allways were.:smile:

5. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Tripid, that was kind, decent and honest of you. I like to think that I've waxed more pointed and sarcastic than vitriolic, but I'm sure I can add my apology to yours. I'd like to be as gracious a "winner" as I would want the conservatives to be if the shoe were on the other foot. And what goes around always comes around.

I salute you, Tripod, and I salute the many intelligent conservatives here who always make me think and whose opinions I continue to consider and respect even while (often violently) disagreeing with them.

This does not, however, extend to Trinity. :biggrin1:

6. Lorraine

Lorraine New Member

Albums:
    Many people say things out of anger but it takes a real person to apologize so you are a good man for that

7. OCDreamer69

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Group hug!!!!!

8. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

it's easy enough to say

what are you willing to do to show it?:wink::tongue:

9. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Regardless of what you said, we all have some commonality elsewhere (I know where I've seen you on LPSG :mischievous: ). Besides politics and politicians mean very little to my own life, so I don't take much stock in what other ppl say/do/think. The art of the debate is compelling, when reasonable.

10. invisibleman

Gold Member

I think that no matter what the party affiliation. The fact is that we are American. We all suffer in this country together. We aren't alone.
    We all want what is best but being American...the best is sometimes different from one to another. It is okay to express oneself. Agreeing to disagree is a part of that freedom. It isn't the end of the world. The disagreeances outline how differences but never discounts the commonalities.

11. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

I'm republican and don't have a heart to forgive with.:wink: Just kidding dude; no worries

12. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks tripod. I really hated to think I was dragging my good stratedude name through the mud on LPSG by posting my political opinions, and I sincerely appologize to all the people I may have crossed the line with. And tripod you are always cool in my book.

13. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    :beerchug: Cheers Tripod, nice to see some decency for a change. I will admit that I get pretty angry too: specialy some of posts that I have read here recently. I just chock it up to being the Internet for the most part. I just love to debate and argue as much as anyone here. I just wonder if what I say makes sense to anyone besides myself. :scratchchin:

14. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge

In particular, I want to shake hands with you. :biggrin1: I'll see you around the ol' corral.

Draft saved Draft deleted