Please help - difficulty coming out

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by horny345, Sep 26, 2009.

1. horny345

horny345 New Member

I know this subject has been covered before, but not my specific situation.
    I'm 26, gay and I still live with my parents, because moving out has been more difficult than expected.
    How do I come out to them if we live together and if I know there will be extreme awkwardness and even hostility at me coming out?
    What's even worse is that my mom, dad and me never talk about or reference sex or relationships in any way.
    I think my mom has one friend, that I think may be gay, that she says is funny, that she drinks with every now and then, though she definately won't expect me to be gay, but my dad and brother have said gay people disgust them.
    How do I deal with this and also eventually start talking about gay sex and even bringing boyfriends home in the future with this difficult situation?

Does anyone know how to handle this?

2. anglerect

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hi,
    Yes difficult it appears to be.if you cannot move out, keep quiet, you are still their son and brother and you do not have to explain yourself to them, just live there and perhaps if and when you have a partner worry then,by that stage you may have moved out on your own.
    The other thing to consider is that we are nearly in 2010,perhaps your family should be wary of behaving badly, you could tell them you will not be tolerating any prejudice and they can like it or lump it as far as your private preferences are concerned.
    Too many gay people worry about rejection and disgust without seeing that those who are anti gay are the ones who deserve to be corrected ans shunned for horrible behavior to their friends and family.
    Good luck, trust your instincts

3. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not easily, I knew I could never say anything while I lived at home. I still have never said anything to them, I just don't think they could cope with it.

I think, once you move out and you have time to a more private space in life, you may feel more comfortable in coming out.

It's never easy and some never manage it.

I wish you well, just don't do anything that in truth you know you or they, are not ready for.

4. horny345

horny345 New Member

I still want to come out though and I still have a massive fear of them reacting badly to me. I don't know what to do.

5. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
  6. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
  7. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

I don't necessarily think you have to come out to be an authentic person. Personally, I don't give a shit what anyone does with their private parts on their own time. Does anyone know what I mean?

Most people will pick up on it. I've known a handful of unaware or "closeted" people who were about the only ones who weren't aware of their sexuality. Most of the people they lived and worked with knew.

Draft saved Draft deleted