please help

petebrady

1st Like
Media
im 36 5'9 i weigh 242 lbs and i need to loose about 60 lbs. my biggest weight is in my gut. I need to know what kinds of foods to eat and what kinds of exercises to do. i want to see results but just dont know any program. Ive noticed a lot of you guys seem to be in good shape, so someone could help me out with this and give me guidence. I cant afford to go to the gym and i drive a propane truck for a living but im home everyday and the exercise equipment that i own is a bowflex blaze and a tredmill that has 10 inclines on it. all i need to know is what to do and for how long and what to eat everyday. Food that doesnt cost alot of money, cause im married and have two kids and cant afford to spend alot. Ive never been real health conscience and now ive gained weight and now i want to loose it and get in shape. Thanks for and help i can get.:smile:

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Cut out diet sodas.
White breads
Pastas
White sugar
butter

Drink a ton of water
Add fish into your diet
Do NOT crash diet
Start with walking or any form of cardio you can

Good luck. And keep us posted on how your doing.

thedrainman

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Loads of exercise, mate! Driving all day for a living does not help the situation. The problem with exercise is fitting it in as it can be very time consuming - you need to walk briskly for one hour each day. Choose a walk that includes a bit of uphill and time yourself round it. Do this every day trying to beat the previous day's time. As it gets easier, lengthen the walk and start the timing again. I suppose it depends on where you live - walking in a city is not as good as walking in the countryside.

Just one word of warning - check out regularly for Type 2 diabetes, because you seem to be a prime target for this condition. I have this condition, and while it is better than the alternative (dying), it is not a bundle of fun. If you notice that injuries take a long time to heal or you have a bit of ED, see your doctor SAP.

Let us know how you get on.

Consider meals to be made primarily of vegetables and choose healthy proteins. Make breakfast a big meal, lunch slightly smaller. I don't know if you do the tea then supper or just have tea as the final meal, but make the final meal light. My last meal of the day is a bowl of oatmeal with a handful of walnuts and a heaping teaspoon of cinnamon with a little brown sugar sprinkled on it. That's a cholesterol killer of a meal while the cinnamon may help balance blood sugars as well as add flavor. I also like herring snacks which are excellent for you as herring is one of the most unpolluted fish there is and it's superhigh in Omega 3 fatty acids. I cook with olive oil, another healthy fat, and use lots of fresh vegetables in my cooking. I'm very fond of shellfish so I eat a lot of that and it too is extremely healthy for you.

When it comes to carbs, you want to stick with complex carbs. Like rather than have a white dinner roll with butter, instead choose a whole wheat dinner roll with goose fat (like the French) or flavored olive oil. Cornbread is good too.

Many nights I make a pasta dish with whole wheat pasta (some taste awful but I like Ronzonis) with a high-quality tomato sauce and either scallops or shrimp or clams tossed in. Or I get turkey Italian sausage. I can eat this combination until I'm really full and still I lose weight.

Stay far away from anything with high fructose corn syrup and learn to avoid refined sugars and sugar substitutes. It's easy to get addicted to sugar and many doctors and nutritionists believe that it contributes to a host of metabolic problems. A little is OK now and then, but try to reduce it as much as possible. This is really tough as you will crave sugar when you don't get it. The best thing to do is drink a glass of water when that happens or eat a peeled raw carrot or a few pickled beets.

You really don't have to starve to lose weight. I eat as much as I ever did and sure I treat myself to ice cream or even a Big Mac now and then. I'm losing weight and doing so safely and gradually. If I don't eat healthy as I should because I'm traveling or out for a meal, it doesn't phase me because the bulk of my eating is still healthy and filling and flavorful and one of the worst things you can do is view grabbing a candy bar or ordering a food you shouldn't and berating yourself for doing it. You're not falling off a wagon, you haven't just doomed anything. Some people make a point to eat well every day but on their night out at a restaurant, they order whatever they like. Knowing they can look forward to a time not too far off when you can order whatever you like can help keep you on course. Eating well isn't a penitentary of steamed vegetables and skinless chicken; it's changing what you eat. You will find that when you eat a lot of vegetables and whole grains that you will eat a lot less just because it's more filling.

I frequently stir fry in my wok. Wok cooking essentially puts my entire meal into one pot and I can mix all kinds of things together and then add a spicy sauce. I'll take broccoli, carrots, onions, peppers, pineapple, cashews or peanuts, garlic, ginger, scallops or shrimp or calamari, and then finish with a good quality Chinese red chili sauce (like the Chinese would eat themselves). What's really nice is that I'm frying my food, not steaming it, and the amount of olive oil I use is extremely low and the cooking technique coats everything with oil so you get a wonderful savory flavor you don't get with steaming.

Cut out the processed foods, snack on healthy stuff like fruit, herring, vegetables, or whole grains (whole grain chips with a healthy homemade salsa is wonderful!), stay far away from high-fructose corn syrup and transfats, and you should do fine. What do I drink? Unsweetened decaf ice tea and lots of it. I'm trying to work in a glass of red wine for its benefits but I don't like wine much.

The other important thing is not to do this all at once. Gradually work it into your diet. Cut one thing, add another then get used to it then cut another thing and add another. Keep doing that so that you're not going cold turkey. It's much easier to keep on track.

This really isn't a diet so much as an eating philosophy. That's what's really nice. I don't count calories or anything like that. I just watch what I eat and I never go to bed hungry.

Definitely start exercising but I wouldn't go for an hour at first. Take 15 minutes and then gradually add to that, like a minute every few days until you work up to an hour. I've heard that it takes 2 weeks to make something a habit you're much more likely to repeat than not and if you face a daunting task, "A WHOLE hour??!" you're much less likely to keep doing it.

Change your exercise gradually
Change your diet gradually
Don't kick yourself when you give-in
Set aside one night a week to eat whatever it is you love and isn't the best for you (eat pizza, garlic knots, and ice cream). Knock yourself out.
Watch refined sugars, high fructose corn syrup, and try to avoid artificial sweeteners as well because they can cause sugar cravings though Sucralose (found in some diet sodas) may not.

gator1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A great source of diet and cooking information that illustrates the above is the American Diabetes Association website, and their cookbooks. My wife and I have each lost about 70 pounds in the last year and a half by following this, eating healthy, and working out. I'm sold. The most difficult thing is that you've got to be willing to cook for yourself, because it is difficult to eat out and get foods that are cooked in a healthy manner. This would be a great thing for your family, too, by the way, in training your kids the right way to eat so they've got a fighting chance as an adult.

It was really cool the day that I realized I could look down and see my dick without moving my belly, :smile:.

Last edited:

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's all about food combining and what you eat when you eat it.

I've been following a way of eating for 19 years now that has kept my health and physique running well.

There's a great book (and second ) called:
Fit For Life
Amazon.com: Fit for Life: Harvey Diamond, Marilyn Diamond, Kay S. Lawerence: Books

I'm sure you'll find this paperback at a local book store as well.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Give your body time to remove and burn off your excess energy stores.

M*