Please keep in your thoughts or prayers

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Dantesco, Jul 6, 2005.

1. B_Dantesco

B_Dantesco New Member

Those of you who were around in 2003 may remember when our friend Jacinto (DoubleMeatWhopper) lost his home in New Orleans to Hurricane Lili. I spoke with one of his brothers today and found that he and his oldest brother Mateo are currently like many in SE Louisiana without power in the aftermath of Hurricane Cindy and Hurricane Dennis is expected to reach land at the beginning of next week. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

2. naughty

Gold Member

Dantesco,

Thank you so much for posting this .I definitely will keep him and his family in prayer for all of their safety.

naughty

3. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Sending DMW all the strength, spirit and support I can muster. Praying for all their best.

4. Pene_Negro_Grande

Gold Member

Definitely will...My folks got hit last year twice in the same month by hurricanes in Florida and was w/o power and water the entire month so can definitely relate...

5. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    guys, he ain't gonna die without internet access and a toaster, y'know :p

6. madame_zora

Gold Member

Hell, I think I would! I mean, you can have my computer, but no toaster? That's inhumane.

DMW, you know we love you, hope your family gets things back on track and I'm grateful no one was seriously hurt.

7. Freddie53

Gold Member

Jacinto,

I also join the others in sending you my prayers even though I know you don't have a working computer to read it. Glad you are OK. And hope all gets back to normal at your house soon.

Don't let Jana fool you. You can live without a toaster. It is hell to try. But others have done it.

Love and prayers,

Freddie

8. steve319

Gold Member

OK, it might not be as likely that he'll die, but he certainly could lose his home or car or whatever.

Plus a tree could fall on him, uprooted in the soggy soil down there.

If anyone talks to him or his family, assure him that we're hoping he and his loved ones come through safely. And that we'll continue to joke and flirt and jab and bicker amongst ourselves in his absence. ;)

Saving him a seat at the dinner table.

Hey! Hands off DMW's plate! He's coming back!

9. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Good luck to Jacinto and his enormous family warren.

Y'all are spending way too much time on the roof these days.

10. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

I personally am keeping DMW and his bro in my thoughts and hope they are safe and hope DMW will tell us how he is soon.

11. Ineligible

Ineligible Member

12. dcjohnny

dcjohnny New Member

Jacinto -- Just another member, a scant month on this board, who sends best thoughts, prayers and good wishes for the continued safety of you and your family. You have delighted us with comments that reflect a wonderful sense of humor and great empathy and sympathy, especially towards our younger members. Such a good role model, not only for the youth whom you so often address with tenderness and wisdom far beyond your years, but for those among us who often ought to know better -- but sometimes don't! Anyway, please know how much support you have here. Can't wait to hear that all is well again. Cheers from a friendly old poof in your nation's capital!

13. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone! Matt and I got into Shreveport today and are now at the folks' house.

I was not distressed by being deprived of a working toaster; the George Foreman grill, however, was a whole different story! The worst thing to do without? Imagine New Orleans in July with no air conditioning. I think I can carry off the hot-&-sweaty look pretty well, but sometimes it really isn't better to look good than feel good.

I have a lot of reading and catching up to do here, but please allow me to nap in the central air controlled climate of my old bedroom on clean sheets ... and with no fucking rain pounding the roof!

14. madame_zora

Gold Member

*tucks a teddy bear under Jacinto's arm* Sleep pretty angel and enjoy the comforts of home.

15. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Thanks Jana. I had my nap, and loved it. Now if you could tuck a Kyle under my right arm and a Jeff under my left arm, and cover me with a Nix, a Jon and a Romey, I know I'll be a lot more comfy. I might not get any sleep, but I'll enjoy staying awake a hell of a lot more! :wub:

16. madame_zora

Gold Member

Thanks Jana. I had my nap, and loved it. Now if you could tuck a Kyle under my right arm and a Jeff under my left arm, and cover me with a Nix, a Jon and a Romey, I know I'll be a lot more comfy. I might not get any sleep, but I'll enjoy staying awake a hell of a lot more! :wub:
    [post=328323]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

*Puts fingers to lips and whistles* Kyle! Jeff! Nixxy! Jon! Romey! We have an emergency at Jacinto's house....On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer and Vixen....

17. Pye

Pye
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    [post=328323]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

then that wouldn't be rain you hear falling on the roof

18. brainzz_n_dong

brainzz_n_dong New Member

DMW,

I hope all goes well for you and wish you all the best. The folks in the south certainly deserve a break from all these hurricanes. Sadly, they're talking about another one gaining steam as I write this one :(

My area of the country has been going through extreme drought and just got anywhere from 4-6" of rain from the remnants of Hurricane Dennis. The rain was certainly welcome, but getting it, knowing that loss of life, massive personal upheaval and tremendous financial expense preceeded it...what can you say? Saying it makes you sad is an understatement.

Again, best wishes and here's hoping the forecasters are dead-wrong about the hurricane season we're in.

Steve

Draft saved Draft deleted