Plucking fucking sucks!!!

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Why do some people pluck their eyebrows into overly perfect shapes or so thin that they look like women?

In what way does that make a man look sexier?

Some eyebrows look so fake that they look like stickers.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You could have just said "some men" instead of "gays, metrosexuals, Italians, etc."

Try it: "Why do SOME men pluck their eyebrows?"

I assume you don't want to come off as condescending or as making gross generalizations. Orientation and ethnicity have nothing to do with eyebrow plucking.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
*ahem* I look like I have caterpillars on my face when I don't get them waxed. Plucking them myself does not do the trick. I need professional help with my facial hair. lol

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Heather LouAnna said:
*ahem* I look like I have caterpillars on my face when I don't get them waxed. Plucking them myself does not do the trick. I need professional help with my facial hair. lol
Is this your way of telling us all that you are in fact a man?

:eek:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Heather LouAnna said:

I'd gladly kiss your caterpillars to make them all better. :biggrin1:

Dekkar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I do it in between my eyebrows so I don't get a unibrow. It's NECESSARY to look good by doing it there.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can understand a little bit of thinning on the brows, but overly-plucked or waxed eyebrows on men or women "just ain't right."

I was at a local bar a few months back, and wondering what it was about the appearance of some of these guys that was giving me the creeps... then I figured it out - they all (the ones that looked creepy) had waxed eyebrows, and every one of them looked like Joan Crawford.

There is one ethnic group (I won't mention which one, if you've seen it, you know which one) where it is fashionable for the women to completely wax off all eyebrow hair, then draw a thin dark line in where the eyebrows should be. A dark, heavily-applied lip-liner (think clown-lips makeup) completes the look. I'm not a big fan of makeup to begin with, but some "fashions" just look silly to me, and they eyebrow thing is in that category.

While we're at it, I won't cry when the "rooftop" hairstyle for the guys goes by the wayside.