Plus?

Is she plus size?

• No, of course not, she's lovely.

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • No, and Cosmo is a rag.

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • No, and anyone who think otherwise is a poopyhead.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Yes, she's hideous, I can't unsee that. Oh look, time for my meds!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
53a0b81ee3353_-_cos-03-bathing-suit-plus-size-model-de.jpg

According to Cosmopolitan Magazine, this is "plus-size supermodel Robyn Lawley."

Plus-size!?

What say you?

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think plus size clothing probably fits her well given her height, but I think she's a poor choice for modelling the clothing in a way that will appeal to plus size consumers.

WTF is up with the poll responses though? I know you're trying to be humorous, but is there not an option for her being both plus size and attractive?

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Compared to the average American woman today- she's positively svelt.

If she's plus- I can only hope that's Plus 1 and I get to be the 1.

She's very tall. 6 feet, 2 inches (1 inch taller than I am).

For men, the equivalent of plus size gets labelled as "big and tall". In women's clothing, plus size just gets presumed to mean heavyset, even though it can also mean tall such as in this model's case.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

For men, the equivalent of plus size gets labelled as "big and tall". In women's clothing, plus size just gets presumed to mean heavyset, even though it can also mean tall such as in this model's case.

I still wanna be the plus 1
I have a handy portable stepstool.

Reactions: Crimsonlurker

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
WTF is up with the poll responses though? I know you're trying to be humorous, but is there not an option for her being both plus size and attractive?
I agree 100 percent that a woman can be plus size and beautiful. My late wife for example.

But Robyn Lawley is *not* plus size.

Reactions: 950483 and Ed69

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife started out looking like Robyn not plus size,just normal.25 years and a lot of life later yes my wife is plus size.That does not stop play time for us!

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree 100 percent that a woman can be plus size and beautiful. My late wife for example.

But Robyn Lawley is *not* plus size.

She's not fat.

She is 6'2", which is plus size, but on the height axis.

That's what I was saying where plus size gets interpreted as fat, but it means big and/or tall. She's exceptionally tall and can model clothes for tall women. She's just not representative of how the clothes will look on heavy women.

madamazon

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
In north america, "plus size" clothing is sized 14 and up. She clearly isn't a size 14, even with her added height. Don't get me wrong, she looks great and healthy which is awesome to see in a model, but she isn't "plus size" by any stretch.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Not really. She wears a size 12, probably 12Tall. My grandmother and I both wear size 8 jeans. I gave her a bunch of mine when I put on weight, and took them back when I slimmed back down. She only wore mine when she was desperate to have her laundry done because I wear 8Tall, and she wears 8Petite. My pants are a little snug in in the waist for her, and the legs are too long. I wouldn't be caught dead in a public place in her pants for how ill-fitting they are. And though I need tall sizes, there is absolutely no such thing as a plus size store with a size 8Tall. I know because I still need plus size shirts and I cannot buy my whole outfit in the same boutique or the same section of a department store. It's also the reason my grandmother stopped making me clothes 20 years ago. This model would have to buy her 12T or 12XT (depending on inseam) in a regular store, as those sizes are not carried in a Torrid, or Lane Bryant, pr WomanWithin, where the clothes usually start at 14P.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, women's fashion & sizing is a confusing mess that I don't really understand, I'm mostly talking out of my ass out of a desire to participate.

I'm thankful that for the time being, all my daughter's clothing is still sized based on years of age :p

No she isn't plus size, she just has a really small head.

Serious answer: In the UK plus size clothing starts at a UK12, which is a US 8! 8! Women's plus size clothing has nothing to do with height as far as I know, so it's kind of unfair to use her as a plus size model. What if plus sized models had similar body shapes and sizes to the average woman who shopped in plus size shops? It's ridiculous that women should be body-shamed even in plus size shops.

An Aussie, well there ya go. She should know to wear something stronger than 15+ though.

Now I'm starting to sound like a parent, I'll stick with perving at Elle McPherson, she's around my age :)

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No she isn't plus size, she just has a really small head.

Serious answer: In the UK plus size clothing starts at a UK12, which is a US 8! 8! Women's plus size clothing has nothing to do with height as far as I know, so it's kind of unfair to use her as a plus size model. What if plus sized models had similar body shapes and sizes to the average woman who shopped in plus size shops? It's ridiculous that women should be body-shamed even in plus size shops.

8? 8??? Holy crap, back to the gym!