Plus?

Is she plus size?

• No, of course not, she's lovely.

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • No, and Cosmo is a rag.

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • No, and anyone who think otherwise is a poopyhead.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Yes, she's hideous, I can't unsee that. Oh look, time for my meds!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

If it makes you feel better, per wikipedia, size 0 today is equivalent to what size 2 was in 2011, and both are larger than what size 6 was in 1970, so it's not quite a fair comparison.
No. What would make you - and everyone else- feel better is to notice and acknowledge the insidious ways in which women teach their daughters that their self worth is at least partly based on what size clothes they wear. And then stop fucking doing it.

Reactions: Brisler

Actually I can still fit in my jeans but they are really to tight to wear anymore. When I was 88 pounds or so they fit, tight but fit.

At my now 98 pounds I'm into size 2 or maybe 3 depending on brand.

No, that's not me in my pictures it's my identical twin sister whose weight was around 110 pounds when taken a little over a year ago. a. :)

PS, I was an only child and my Mom always likes my Sister best. :)
Jesus wept. Still wittering on... :rolleyes:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If it makes you feel better, per wikipedia, size 0 today is equivalent to what size 2 was in 2011, and both are larger than what size 6 was in 1970, so it's not quite a fair comparison.

Doesn't matter. I've never been that small in my life. I've given up the struggle to remain a six.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No. What would make you - and everyone else- feel better is to notice and acknowledge the insidious ways in which women teach their daughters that their self worth is at least partly based on what size clothes they wear. And then stop fucking doing it.

I'll acknowledge it.

It could actually be a separate women's issues thread unto itself if you wanted to talk about it. I had to talk with both my ex wife and my current wife about it (my ex had a bad habit of making negative remarks about other women's appearance in earshot of our kids, and my current wife has a bad habit of making negative remarks about her own appearance. I don't think either one contributes to healthy body images (and not just limited to my daughter, but my sons as well because I don't think it sets the stage well for their own views of women's bodies)).

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I don't know if they stil exist, but in Texan Star's neck of the woods, and my childhood stomping grounds, there was a shop called Tall Women, or something like that.
My step mother used their shirts.

I, at 5'2" as an adult, but getting there at age 12, used them one blessed time for jeans before returning to lilliput.

elizabubblebee

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
53a0b81ee3353_-_cos-03-bathing-suit-plus-size-model-de.jpg

According to Cosmopolitan Magazine, this is "plus-size supermodel Robyn Lawley."

Plus-size!?

What say you?
That's crazy talk shes so thin

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Size 0. Zero? I just plow those little ones right over. Can't even see those little fuckers. Size 2s, I try to tie a string around them and attach them to my purse - can't have them floating away!

Seriously, numerical size means nothing. Skinny can be unhealthy and overweight can be fit. A size 0 can be weak, anemic and sick; a size 16 can be healthy and run a marathon. Extremes in either direction tend not to be good - terribly under or over weight. Ymmv. It's just that skinny is in.

Stupid Cosmo. Posting a tall girl. Plus size, my ass. Melissa McCarthy is plus size and beautiful. Sheryl Underwood is plus size and beautiful. There are many other women who are talented, smart, beautiful and sexy and actually plus sized.

I've watched too many friends under go surgery, wire their jaws, go on every diet that crosses their path and be unable to reach that magical point. Some women are not meant to be thin. They are just heavy. They eat normally, work out normally and will always be 50 pounds heavier than everyone else.

And stupid society expecting that. Men who expect that. I've seen a dozen threads on it here.

I guess I'm angry because I just tried to have dinner with a beloved friend who can only eat two ounces of food at a time. Stupid surgery. Just so she can date. She was beautiful before. Worked out five times a week. Now she's thin. Dates all the time. Is it worth it? Well, the guys are still jerks.

Two ounces of food. Omg.

/rant

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I thought we men had to struggle to come to grips with our most pressing issue, penis size; and how do you measure it properly.But I see a lot of you ladies have a problem of equal if not great proportion, the struggle with dress sizes and the opinion of Cosmo :D.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Shackleford

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Women's clothing sizes boggle my mind. You take measurements, and then you have to use some secret decoder ring to convert it to a size instead of just using the measurements directly. And heaven forbid you gain 5-10 pounds, which somehow causes the Mystery Dress Size Algorithm to shoot you from a 6 all the way up to a 10.

I was folding some laundry just the other day & noticed a pair of my wife's pajama shorts from Victoria's Secret were a freaking XL. I'll accept that she's no longer the tiny thing that fit into her wedding dress, but there is no damned way anything she wears except a baggy t-shirt should be an XL. That's just silliness. WTF is an XS? The hanger?

I don't know how you all put up with it, frankly.

Reactions: Browsing

Shackleford

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not a little cheerleader micro-butt, but I wouldn't call it big by any means. Her thighs are more Hillary Duff than Miranda Kerr, but I wouldn't at all call them "thick." I don't know exactly how much she weighs, but running my best guess through the BMI calculator, she's either "normal" just a bit over. Like I said, I don't get it. I'm glad I'm a guy. You do raise a good point on the pajama looseness.

Reactions: AlteredEgo