Plush Rush's Fixer Upper

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Plush Rush has finally (after years of threats) put his 20th-floor penthouse up for sale. Ever wonder how the morbidly obese and rabidly neo con lives? Check this link for un-fabulous photos of tastelessness. It seems Plush has a lot in common with the late Saddam Hussein. For copyright reasons the velvet Elvis paintings are hidden in the closets.

Lordy, lordy, lordy . . . Plush has a taste for the tasteles! :biggrin1:

Rush Limbaugh's Gaudy Fifth Avenue Penthouse Is Now For Sale - Real Estate - Gawker

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Someone should buy it and turn it to a help center for the poor. :biggrin:

That, VB, is an EXCELLENT idea. Unfortunately, I'm quite certain the CC&Rs (Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions) by which any entity must abide to occupy the space would probably not permit it -- at least not on Park Avenue.

Amusing, though, that the same CC&Rs don't prevent a resident from decorating his or her home in the style of a bad upscale brothel in Sparks, NV. LOL! :biggrin1:

Personally, I would have thought that just to have Plush Rush as a resident would have been enough to bring down his neighbors' property values. That, in itself, is usually a breach of CC&Rs.

Hmmm. . . I wonder if Plush Rush has a Homestead Exemption on that tony piece of property? :biggrin1:

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
I'm sure the other residents in the building hope it sells quickly and the board keeps out the riffraff next time.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Plush Rush has finally (after years of threats) put his 20th-floor penthouse up for sale. Ever wonder how the morbidly obese and rabidly neo con lives? Check this link for un-fabulous photos of tastelessness. It seems Plush has a lot in common with the late Saddam Hussein. For copyright reasons the velvet Elvis paintings are hidden in the closets.

Lordy, lordy, lordy . . . Plush has a taste for the tasteles! :biggrin1:

Rush Limbaugh's Gaudy Fifth Avenue Penthouse Is Now For Sale - Real Estate - Gawker

He's not near as heavy as he once was and he's in no way on a comparable scale with Hussein. As to taste, it's all subjective, same as the pieces of painted canvas in a museum. Likely as not many would look at your places of residence and find them 'tacky' or 'far too austere' or 'soulless' or on the opposite scale, 'divine' 'preciously appealing' etc. etc. You could always buy it and redecorate in whatever style you'd prefer- then again H&G might pan the place; but, it's a risk.

Looking at photos of the spread, I'm not thirlled by the shades of color some of the rooms are cursed with, and the ceilings are a little low; but, the bath looks nice, as does the second bedroom (4th pic down).

So, how's the sale going?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
He's not near as heavy as he once was and he's in no way on a comparable scale with Hussein. As to taste, it's all subjective, same as the pieces of painted canvas in a museum. Likely as not many would look at your places of residence and find them 'tacky' or 'far too austere' or 'soulless' or on the opposite scale, 'divine' 'preciously appealing' etc. etc. You could always buy it and redecorate in whatever style you'd prefer- then again H&G might pan the place; but, it's a risk.

Looking at photos of the spread, I'm not thirlled by the shades of color some of the rooms are cursed with, and the ceilings are a little low; but, the bath looks nice, as does the second bedroom (4th pic down).

So, how's the sale going?

Northpole-ish:

I have no idea how the sale is going. But you obviously have not seen a recent photo of Plush Rush. He's just about as big a lard bucket as he was several years ago. He's gained most (if not all) of his previous weight back.

Of course, all things regarding personal taste are subjective. But I've never been a fan of grotesque excess. If that's your thing, I invite you to vacation in Las Vegas. We've got grotesque excess in spades in Vegas. I'm certain you'd find a suite of rooms right in line with your special eye for design.

As for your interest in how the sale is going, why not investigate this yourself? Or as usual, are you just trolling for someone to say anything you can misconstrue to be a personal insult?

Well, here's a personal insult: you could lose a few pounds yourself. Are all trolls fat or just "fluffy?"

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Last year I spent several months back in the USA. An ex friend kept pressuring me to "go on a 10-day vacation" with her. She lives in Washington Heights on the balmy isle of Manhattan. There was no stopping her. When she showed up I drove her to Las Vegas and checked her into NewYork NewYork for five days and left her there. Haven't heard from her since, which is a good thing. Now, I never have to worry about her ever again asking to couch surf (actually, I have a couple of guest bedrooms, but she would be forced to sleep on a couch) here in Barcelona.

As I recall, the rooms at New York New York weren't that bad, although I never stayed in one of them. Everything was sort of a lack luster art deco revival in beige and black. The Venetian, however, is only good for dropping acid, getting lost in, and scaring yourself.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Northpole-ish:

I have no idea how the sale is going. But you obviously have not seen a recent photo of Plush Rush. He's just about as big a lard bucket as he was several years ago. He's gained most (if not all) of his previous weight back.
Oh that's too bad. I was hoping he had stayed somewhat slimmed down, for his health.

midlifebear said:
Of course, all things regarding personal taste are subjective. But I've never been a fan of grotesque excess. If that's your thing, I invite you to vacation in Las Vegas. We've got grotesque excess in spades in Vegas. I'm certain you'd find a suite of rooms right in line with your special eye for design.
I'm not a big fan of Vegas.

midlifebear said:
As for your interest in how the sale is going, why not investigate this yourself? Or as usual, are you just trolling for someone to say anything you can misconstrue to be a personal insult?
I was simply placing my views and asking a question, why are you getting bent out of shape?

midlifebear said:
Well, here's a personal insult: you could lose a few pounds yourself. Are all trolls fat or just "fluffy?"
You see, it's things like this which cause people to steer clear of you. I have at no time in this thread insulted you, I made statements, suggestions and asked a question.

As to weight loss, which image are you looking at? The avatar is of Vartan Gregorian, not me and the photo in my gallery is a few years old, no longer fully representitive of my appearance, either way, there was no need for the insult run.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You see, it's things like this which cause people to steer clear of you. I have at no time in this thread insulted you, I made statements, suggestions and asked a question.

Hey, just giving you what you want, cupcake. You seem to thrive on the need complain about others. You troll. I know we're not supposed to feed the trolls, but I was feeling magnanimous today. So, I fed you an insult so you'd have something to whine about, rather than "divine" one from something someone might write in which you read something they did not intend. Yup. That was an outright insult from me to you. A "special" gift. Enjoy. :smile:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey, just giving you what you want, cupcake. You seem to thrive on the need complain about others. You troll. I know we're not supposed to feed the trolls, but I was feeling magnanimous today. So, I fed you an insult so you'd have something to whine about, rather than "divine" one from something someone might write in which you read something they did not intend. Yup. That was an outright insult from me to you. A "special" gift. Enjoy. :smile:

At no time did I ask for an insult. I commented about the apartment, about Limbaugh's weight, expressed my feeling about his having gained the weight back and indicated taste is subjective. At no time did I insult you in this thread. Then again, I don't suffer from lack of blood to the brain due to a 13 inch penis which you say is 'Small', although you contradict yourself in the thread title- http://www.lpsg.org/71729-middle-age-unusually-large-fortunately.html No, this was not an insult, merely a concern for your health with such an incredibly massive size (even though in the post you say it isn't). Perhaps it is the massive/small size which causes you to go off on me.

I happened across the thread a few days ago, when trying to get a better understanding of you.

Back on topic, I still say that Limbaugh's apartment does have certain appeals; although, that second Maid's room, which is apart from the main floor plan is a mystery- where is it located?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Nothpole-ish:

Nope. I'm not "going off" on you. I'm not angry at you. I don't hate you. However, you'll have to find someone else to give you the string of pearls you're so anxious for. I just took you by the horns and handed you an insult. It's a real insult. I wrote it for you. It's now yours. You like to fly off the handle. You enjoy telling other people that posters "hate" you. You like to make stuff up as you go along.

As I plainly stated, I was (and still am) feeling very magnanimous today. Therefore, what better thing to do than give a forum troll what they cherish most: something to whine about. Make certain you get your mileage out of this, because I rarely feed trolls such as yourself.

And you be sure to have a fun weekend. :smile:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nothpole-ish:

Nope. I'm not "going off" on you. I'm not angry at you. I don't hate you. However, you'll have to find someone else to give you the string of pearls you're so anxious for. I just took you by the horns and handed you an insult. It's a real insult. I wrote it for you. It's now yours. You like to fly off the handle. You enjoy telling other people that posters "hate" you. You like to make stuff up as you go along.

As I plainly stated, I was (and still am) feeling very magnanimous today. Therefore, what better thing to do than give a forum troll what they cherish most: something to whine about. Make certain you get your mileage out of this, because I rarely feed trolls such as yourself.

And you be sure to have a fun weekend. :smile:

I'm not into pearls, thanks anyway (and yes, I get the subtext reference there).

If the way you get your jollies is insulting people, then by all means go for it, I find no need to do that. As to your continued allegation that I am a troll, look around, if I were a troll, I'd be in all your posts, making slanderous comments at every turn, I tend to not respond in the majority of your threads, and when I do, it is to state my opinion on a matter. If that bothers you, well, then that is something which you must learn to deal with.