Pm Sent In Distaste

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by ANJIE, Nov 23, 2006.

1. ANJIE

ANJIE New Member

http://www.lpsg.org/images36/statusicon/post_old.gif 8 Hours Ago MclLau vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);

http://www.lpsg.org/avatars/custom/avatar57485_5.gif

MclLau is http://www.lpsg.org/images36/statusicon/user_offline.gif
    100% Straight, 0% Gay

The boobs are big but the tits are small. Bye.
    http://www.lpsg.org/images36/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://www.lpsg.org/images36/buttons/forward.gif http://www.lpsg.org/images36/buttons/reply_small.gif
    :confused: I RECIEVED THIS AS A PRIVATE MESSAGE,REALLY WHY BOTHER,AND NOW IT'S NOT SO PRIVATE.THANKS FOR GETTING ME TO BLOCK YOU.

2. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

Love to laugh ... but no sense of humour methinks. To be the recipient of something unacceptable should not be tolerated. I undertand the sender of the message is non-English speaking. A little less drama and some commonsense toleration may have been better than a posting.

3. MclLau

MclLau New Member

Albums:
    Dear ANJIE (if my message can get through to you).

It is not my intention to post the message public. It is 'private message' as the pre-posting access indicates. A now it has become 'not so private'.

I OFFER ALL MY APPOLOGIES TO YOU. SORRY. SORRY. SORRY. I SHALL BE MORE CAREFUL THE NEXT TIME. I DO NOT INTEND TO INSULT, BUT IF IT DOES; ALL MY APPOLOGY TO YOU AGAIN. SINCERELY.

4. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

If you add the person to your IGNORE list, their PMs will not reach you.

5. Yorkie

Gold Member

Albums:
    Have you never heard the quotation ''Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.'' ?
    Lesson learned I think. :biggrin1:

6. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    The women who post here do not neccesarily wish to be objectified. This holds true even if they choose to share pictures, and even if those pictures are racy. If the women here find that they have more negative experiences than positive ones they will take down their galleries and/or leave.

I may have missed it, but I didn't see anyplace where this woman asked to have her pictures or her body critiqued. Would any of us just waltz up to a stranger, and without invitation decree: "Nice rack. Your areolas are too small for my taste, however." I don't think we would. (If you would, you are the source of decay in society.)

It is nice that this man apologized to this woman. I hope he really has learned something, as he indicated. Additionally, a private message is something which belongs to the recipient. If the recipient finds it appropriate to share, that is their perrogative. There is no implication that your messages will neccesarily remain private, unless you specifically ask for confidentiality (and they agree to give it to you).

I'm glad this woman made this public. I'm sure it happens all the time.

7. Wrat

Wrat New Member

Albums:
    As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
    I think social decay has many avenues.
    The nice lady can just as easily keep this all between the object of her distaste and herself. Public humiliation is not attractive.

8. Yorkie

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree.I wish more would name and shame,it teaches the senders to have some respect and lets the rest of us know the type of person we're dealing with.
    In this case McILau has apologised so that's fair enough. :cool:

9. Gamel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    boobs are big but tits are small????????????????
    actually i don't get it?? at least sent something that means something instead of this kinda shit...

10. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nor is private affront. The guy could just as easily kept his opinion of her breasts to himself.

I'm going to agree with a couple of other posters here and say that covert nastiness should be exposed. Always.

11. WessexEN

WessexEN New Member

If you look out of the window of a passing train,
    I am just wondering, but is it a rule not to publish PMs? I was told, unless it is with consent, PMs should never be published in a public domain.

12. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't think there are any written in stone rules for PMs.

However, a good rule of thumb might be "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

In this particular situation the guy was treating the gallery as a rate my picture site so the offense was relatively mild. There are some who use the cover of a "private" message to be unkind while maintaining a pleasant "public" façade . These have no right to expect privacy.

13. ANJIE

ANJIE New Member

I agree with how you put that,great minds do think alike:rolleyes: ,and for those that support my action on this matter,he could have easily rated a photo,and so be it, but to pm me with such a trivial comment really made no sense to me,so I've shown some of their true colors,and maybe it won't happen again.

14. AndrewEndowed24

AndrewEndowed24 New Member

Albums:
    fair enough, but no one has the right to another's approval and the risk of putting your photos online is to having them judged negatively -that's the price one pays.

15. D_PlankWilliams

D_PlankWilliams New Member

I find it funny that the most negative critics never have pics themselves. I agree with everyone if you can't say something nice then dont say anything at all. I would be deeply dissapointed if this behavior was allowed especially since it takes more effort to send a nasty PM then it does to hit next.

16. ANJIE

ANJIE New Member

And so be it,that person could have rated me in the appropiate forum,don't bother me with a private message of negativity,I'm here to gain knowledge and have a little fun along the way,not stoop to a lower level in some kind of p.m.bicker.

17. WessexEN

WessexEN New Member

If you look out of the window of a passing train,
    Good point! I was overlooking that point, I do confess, I also didn't see the transcript (because it was well hidden to my eyes) until after submitted my message.
    But I won't join the gang and condem or condome him in public.

18. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

The irony of this statement is that no one should have to "pay a price" for putting pictures up. If everyone who put pictures up was the subject of negative comments relating to their pictures... there would not be a gallery anymore. I'm not a gallery viewer for the most part, but I'm sure many other people would be disappointed if there were no piccies to look at.

No one has the right to approval - but if you can't say something approving, better to not say anything at all.

19. Matthew

Gold Member

If you send a nasty PM to someone you don't know:)rolleyes:), don't cry if it ends up for the world to see. Could be worse - the moderators will warn people about doing that and ban them for multiple violations.

But yeah - why waste your time sending a message that you think someone's unattractive? Focus on what you like and lose the negative energy. Anyway, I'm sure your ass has a couple warts too.

20. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

"Too"?

TMI, Matthew. :biggrin1: :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted