Pm Sent In Distaste

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't think it qualifies as a "nasty pm". He gave a critique of her which included one negative remark. If everybody posted the pms they didn't like these boards would be really lame.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't think it qualifies as a "nasty pm". He gave a critique of her which included one negative remark. If everybody posted the pms they didn't like these boards would be really lame.

If you can't see why sending a PM to someone you don't know critiquing their body is nasty or "really lame" or whatever you want to call it, I can't help you.

capt. nemo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The message was titled "Pm sent in distaste," I'm guessing? Otherwise I don't see how anyone could decide whether it was nasty or not. As is, it seems more silly to me than offensive. "The boobs are big but the tits are small" sounds like spy-speak -- sort of like Maxwell Smart and "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain." Maybe you were mistaken for a fellow agent in the Malaysian secret service, which uses LPSG.org to send top secret messages. That'd be cool.

But, thankfully, he told us that his intent was to offend, and we can all agree that that's rude. However, I'm not a huge fan of public shaming. It reminds me of poor Hester Prynne and those godly Puritans!

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But, thankfully, he told us that his intent was to offend, and we can all agree that that's rude. However, I'm not a huge fan of public shaming. It reminds me of poor Hester Prynne and those godly Puritans!
When someone sends PM's that they are ashamed of being made public knowledge,the fact that they are ashamed means they know their behaviour is unacceptable.
There's nothing puritanical about expecting to be treated with some respect.It's just common courtesy.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anjie - please stop being such a drama queen and join the adult world. Innocent people around the world are being tortured, maimed, killed and you are so fixated on yourself. To you and your apologists - grow up!

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Eh??? He didn't say he intended to offend her. He said "I OFFER ALL MY APPOLOGIES TO YOU. SORRY. SORRY. SORRY. I SHALL BE MORE CAREFUL THE NEXT TIME. I DO NOT INTEND TO INSULT, BUT IF IT DOES; ALL MY APPOLOGY TO YOU AGAIN. SINCERELY."

I don't think the guy intended his words to be insulting... and actually, I didn't think they were particularly insulting. If I received those comments I'd just shake my head and wonder what he actually meant, given that the sentence made no sense at all.

Sorry, but I certainly don't think it warranted public humiliation.

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I got a PM from Booger_McGee that said "your cock is big but your dick is small." Hopefully everyone can see him for his true colors and ostracise him:tongue:

ANJIE

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Anjie - please stop being such a drama queen and join the adult world. Innocent people around the world are being tortured, maimed, killed and you are so fixated on yourself. To you and your apologists - grow up!
PUHHLEEASE!FIXATED ON MYSELF????DON'T PUT ME IN YOUR CATAGORY,IF THEY DID'NT LIKE,SO BE IT,DON'T BOTHER ME WITH A PM ABOUT SUCH WIERD TRIVIAL BULLSHIT,"THE BOOBS ARE BIG,THE TITS ARE SMALL?.......RUB THE LOTION IN YOUR SKIN,SO YOU MAKE IT SOFT AGAIN!........I NOW KNOW BETTER THAN TO "SHARE"PHOTOS,WTF WAS I THINKIN?

BuddyBoy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anjie,

What does "The boobs are big but the tits are small. Bye" mean to you? I'm a super plus-sized gay guy who for some reason attracts a large number of far-easter admirers and frankly a non-trivial percentage of them have exceptionaly limited English skills leaving their mash notes to be cryptic at best. I wonder if by "tits" he was trying to say you have nice big boobs, but smaller perky nipples?

I think you may have overreacted a bit, but, hey, it's your choice and your life.

BTW, the precedent has long be set by some of our former and current moderators that private messages are by no means private and can be published by the reciepient if desired, a policy with which I do not always agree.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If that's your attitude how come you don't find the whole concept of LPSG too infantile for you?
You should be out there working for Amnesty International instead of wasting your time on this childish messageboard! :tongue:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm actually surprised to see how many LPSG members really do not understand the concept of "private messaging."

It works a whole lot like the United States Postal Service. When you send a letter to an individual, you have two choices: either tape the open document to the person's front door, with no expectation of privacy (analogous to posting the info in a public thread); or send it through the postal service, with an expectation of privacy until it reaches the recipient (analagous to sending a private message.) That is where "expectation of privacy" ends. Whether you like it or not, the recipient of a privately posted letter can burn (delete) it, keep it on his/her desk (save), tape it on the refrigerator and show it to friends (forward) or thumbtack it to the bulletin board at work (quote it in a public thread.) With either a letter or a private message, it is private from the time it leaves your hands, until it reaches the hands of the recipient. From that moment, it is the property of the recipient to do with as he or she pleases.

It is incredibly naive to assume a continuation of privacy when you send any information to a stranger. Never put anything in writing that you wouldn't want published.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm actually surprised to see how many LPSG members really do not understand the concept of "private messaging." With either a letter or a private message, it is private from the time it leaves your hands, until it reaches the hands of the recipient. From that moment, it is the property of the recipient to do with as he or she pleases.

It is incredibly naive to assume a continuation of privacy when you send any information to a stranger. Never put anything in writing that you wouldn't want published.
Precisely.It seems there are some incredibly naive people here.Live and learn,hopefully! :rolleyes:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All the pms i have gotten since i have been here have been very nice. I have never sent a nasty or pm to anyone. I wouldnt conduct myself in public being nasty to people. So i wouldnt on here. :cool:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All the pms i have gotten since i have been here have been very nice. I have never sent a nasty or pm to anyone. I wouldnt conduct myself in public being nasty to people. So i wouldnt on here. :cool:
Good point, uncut, but that works both ways. I have only gotten sick abusive PMs from one member. I chose, for several reasons, not to post them publicly. But still, I would not send anything in PM that I would be upset to see posted in the threads. So why PM? I do it out of courtesy to the person to whom I send it. Sometimes, additional comments are appropriate for PM but not for the threads.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good point, uncut, but that works both ways. I have only gotten sick abusive PMs from one member. I chose, for several reasons, not to post them publicly. But still, I would not send anything in PM that I would be upset to see posted in the threads. So why PM? I do it out of courtesy to the person to whom I send it. Sometimes, additional comments are appropriate for PM but not for the threads.
Everyone has been very nice to me on lpsg. I have no complaints.......:smile:

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Everyone has been very nice to me on lpsg. I have no complaints.......:smile:

Sometimes in life you get what you give. uncut, you have been nothing but nice to everyone on this forum, so I'm not surprised you have received kindness in return. And you deserve it! :smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sometimes in life you get what you give. uncut, you have been nothing but nice to everyone on this forum, so I'm not surprised you have received kindness in return. And you deserve it! :smile:
Thankyou! Comming for such a nice guy like you Matt thats a real compliment:smile:

BuddyBoy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm actually surprised to see how many LPSG members really do not understand the concept of "private messaging."

It works a whole lot like the United States Postal Service. When you send a letter to an individual, you have two choices: either tape the open document to the person's front door, with no expectation of privacy (analogous to posting the info in a public thread); or send it through the postal service, with an expectation of privacy until it reaches the recipient (analagous to sending a private message.) That is where "expectation of privacy" ends. Whether you like it or not, the recipient of a privately posted letter can burn (delete) it, keep it on his/her desk (save), tape it on the refrigerator and show it to friends (forward) or thumbtack it to the bulletin board at work (quote it in a public thread.) With either a letter or a private message, it is private from the time it leaves your hands, until it reaches the hands of the recipient. From that moment, it is the property of the recipient to do with as he or she pleases.

I do agree for the most part, but feel obligated to point out that on many other message boards, publicly posting a PM without the permission of the sender is a TOS violation, and considered rude to boot.

LPSG has a bit more of a lassaiz-faire attitude vis-a-vis PMs and moderation in general. I think it's understandable that people with experience on more controlled boards could be surprised to find their PMs publicly posted.

I wouldn't call them naive, just used to a differant standard of privacy.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I do agree for the most part, but feel obligated to point out that on many other message boards, publicly posting a PM without the permission of the sender is a TOS violation, and considered rude to boot.

I suppose I can understand the rude part, assuming the sender hasn't been rude himself/herself.

But a TOS violation? That seems pretty ridiculous. Why would the recipient of an unsolicited PM owe the sender anything? That kind of rule is open to abuse - I can think of 4 or 5 pretty obvious ways to abuse it off the top of my head.

I have seen plenty of sites where it is a TOS violation to send unsolicited PMs - that seems much more reasonable.