Pod casts o' interest

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Listened to lastest

Fatal Voyage on Natalie Wood, episode 9 (beverly hills captive)

Up and Vanished season 2, episode 4 (drum circle)

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Astonishing Legends podcast

The Sludge Entity -- part 1

Ep 39: The Sludge Entity, Part 1

(i think the lady on this is the actress in forgetting sarah marshall who plays bill hader's wife)

it is so sad!!!! and very interesting.

there is a part 2

and the kid lives. and gets a normal life. i promise.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Doctor Death: A charming surgeon. 33 patients. A spineless system.

Started listening to this one today. It's really good, but goddamn it's disturbing. (no, seriously, you have no idea :( )

(p.s. really, like one of the most disturbing things I've ever heard. If I didn't have to consider the possibility I or a loved one might need surgery at some point I wouldn't listen).

Last edited:
Reactions: LaFemme and Enid

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Doctor Death: A charming surgeon. 33 patients. A spineless system.

Started listening to this one today. It's really good, but goddamn it's disturbing. (no, seriously, you have no idea :( )

(p.s. really, like one of the most disturbing things I've ever heard. If I didn't have to consider the possibility I or a loved one might need surgery at some point I wouldn't listen).

Binged the first four episodes. That was a rough (but gripping ride).

@Enid This happened right up the road from us too. What is it w/ Texas and crazy people? :p

This True-Crime Podcast Is the Grossest Thing I’ve Ever Heard (and I Love It)

Reactions: Enid

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This might be a dumb question. How do you get into podcasts? Everyone keeps telling me how I’d enjoy this one or that one, but I’m an inveterate channel surfer on satellite radio.
The only time I listen to anything is in the car. Do you make a playlist that you scroll through? Do you load these onto you phone? Is there a channel/station on the iPhone that plays them?

Yes, dumb questions from a guy who’s had an iPhone for 6 years or so and never once used it to listen to music or podcasts. I’m not even sure how to. Same with Spotify. We have a group subscription but I’ve never used it.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
This might be a dumb question. How do you get into podcasts? Everyone keeps telling me how I’d enjoy this one or that one, but I’m an inveterate channel surfer on satellite radio.
The only time I listen to anything is in the car. Do you make a playlist that you scroll through? Do you load these onto you phone? Is there a channel/station on the iPhone that plays them?

Yes, dumb questions from a guy who’s had an iPhone for 6 years or so and never once used it to listen to music or podcasts. I’m not even sure how to. Same with Spotify. We have a group subscription but I’ve never used it.

Ok so I dont have an iPhone but I listen a lot at work on my Mac via iTunes. Just go to play store and explore

Search "astonishing legends" for instance and find all the free episodes available (which is pretty much everything; podcasts like this release some paid content if you subscribe to their patreon but vast majority of content is available free).

If you want to access this on iPhone but dont have iTunes use an app like Podcast Republic or something. Find ones you like and subscribe.

Or, just listen on your computer browser with a lot of em! Lore, astonishing legends, history of alchemy, sword and scale, a lot of the ones I mentioned have a website and you can just open on browser and press play for episode you want.

Reactions: twoton

Alex22876

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
cool posts so far.

I am going to say, the best in my mind are Radiolab and Hardcore History. I love them both. When I think back, I have spent days, no actually weeks of time listening to these and I often think about listening back.

I have also listened to several you guys like (serial, lore, etc.). Try Myths and Legends. It is similar to Lore.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
cold case podcast about some bodies being found in barrels in new hampshire

Home

article:

Podcast 'Bear Brook' Explores How N.H. Cold Case Will Forever Change Murder Investigations

i'm getting antsy waiting for new eppies of up & vanished season 2 about the krystal reisinger from crestone case. this one fascinates me because she disappeared from a town of 150 PEOPLE.

How Did Kristal Anne Reisinger Disappear From A Town With A Population Of 143?

and unobscured, aaron mahnke's new podcast about the salem witch trials.

also was keeping up with fatal voyage about natalie wood's death, but i think im all caught up now