Poking her in the IUD!

BigBnTX

Just Browsing
Media
After 1 year of my wife having hers it has not gotten any better. It still pokes me in the head. It is a small gauge copper not string (not sure if all types are the same. She finally went to the doctor last week to have it removed for me but for her as well since her cycles have not been the same since the last baby 1.5 years ago. The doc suggested trimming the wire by 1/2" to see if that helped and put her on the pill to fix the regularity issues.

Have not been able to try it out yet since her cycle started that night. Should be back in business tonight or tomorrow. I think it needs more than 1/2" trim but we will see. I think that is about as short as they can make it and still have something to grab onto if/when it is removed.

You are not alone.

capkit

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have an IUD. Inform the doctor who will repositio the device. Simple procedure.

lilbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I did the straight thing years ago and had sex with a woman that had and IUD. YES it was uncomfortable. The nylon "string" kept poking the head of my dick.

Future Man

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hey gang, i'm looking for some follow up info in this thread. here's the scoop: had sex with this woman for the first time, and my first experience with an IUD.

she's had it for a couple of years, so she's familiar with how her body works with it, as well as it's been "in position". within less than a minute, i was being pricked in the prick! :p we moved around, changed angles, etc. it didn't get better. in fact, we stopped (and both laughed at the ridiculousness!)

she mentioned the same thing capkit said above--about clipping down the strings more or repositioning it again. she also said it's sort of simple procedure but a little painful(?) some of the reasons she uses is that: doesn't like the side-effects of most "pills" and she's allergic to latex (condoms). any advice, suggestions, or insights? Thanks!

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You probably are not feeling the IUD itself. That is within the uterus which is quite thick-walled.

What you feel is the "string". The string is a piece of suture material which attaches to the device itself and hangs out through the cervical canal into the upper vagina. That suture allows the woman, or a nurse or physician to easily confirm that the device is still present which should ideally be done once a month if the woman is sexually active. The suture can be felt within the vaginal canal.

Some of the early IUDs like the Dalkon Shield had a suture made out of soft braided nylon. Unfortunately, the braid tended to wick vaginal secretions up into the uterus which sometimes led to a uterine infection called endometritis.

So now the sutures are all mono-filament material of nylon or polypropylene. If a guy has not experienced this he can replicate the experience by taking a piece of mono-filament fishing line and poking the end of it into his glans penis a few times.

It does get your attention, but IMO getting pussy is still worth the minor trauma.

Future Man

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ha! Thanks redbear, you're right on with all of the technical info...I didn't go into much detail, I suppose. Yeah, the bareback feeling is awesome, but I really was getting jabbed quite a bit. :p

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Feels like someone sticking a little pin into the tip of your cock, doesn't it?

My wife had a Cu-7 IUD for a couple of years, before she was my wife.

GuptaSan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Like a few people in this thread have mentioned, you guys are feeling pain because of the string. Rather than the repositioning of the device, you can simply have you wife ask her doctor to shorten the string.

My wife's doctor did this for her and it worked great. There are only a few times a year where I can feel the string now and it has to do with the uterus opening moving around with the expected monthly cycle.

However, there is a happy medium for string length. You don't want to cut it too short or the doctor won't be able to see the string and have to use sonograms to find it during yearly checkups.

ymcaguy

Experimental Member
Media
I hit my girlfriends IUD all the time, especially in certain positions. I actually enjoyed the feeling: like a hard knot on my frenulum. She felt really self-consious about it, but it drove me wild. I must be the anomaly…

Eco

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My girl is looking at getting one in the next few days, and I'm rather worried about this. She already has pain here and there, and apparently many women no longer feel comfortable with doggy after an IUD, and I'd bet for the average LPSG member this is even a greater issue. I love the idea of being bareback all the time, even when she's ovulating (yummmm) but if I can't go as deep without getting poked, and if it hurts her more, well, that's gonna kinda suck...I just can't hang with the shallow work. I'll let you know how it goes.

ignatius4446z

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have this issue as well.

I'm fairly ambivalent about it - sometimes it downright hurts and I end up with red marks on the head of my cock, sometimes it is just an irritation and other times I actually quite enjoy the "tickling" feeling. Weirdly, sometimes I can't even feel the strings at all.

My GF's gynae suggested having the strings clipped back, but I think this could make matters worse. Here's my reasoning - the strings are made from a fishing line type of material, and a short piece of line is stiff and sharp, whereas a long piece is floppy and doesn't poke as much. Given that I'm long-dicked enough to hit her cervix in all positions, the head of my cock would be coming into contact with the end pieces of short, stiff and sharp strings rather than the middle of long, floppy ones. I think clipping back the strings is only a viable option where the guy is long enough to touch the strings but is not long enough to hit the cervix.

Just my twopenn'orth.