Poking her in the IUD!

ignatius4446z

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have this issue as well.

I'm fairly ambivalent about it - sometimes it downright hurts and I end up with red marks on the head of my cock, sometimes it is just an irritation and other times I actually quite enjoy the "tickling" feeling. Weirdly, sometimes I can't even feel the strings at all.

My GF's gynae suggested having the strings clipped back, but I think this could make matters worse. Here's my reasoning - the strings are made from a fishing line type of material, and a short piece of line is stiff and sharp, whereas a long piece is floppy and doesn't poke as much. Given that I'm long-dicked enough to hit her cervix in all positions, the head of my cock would be coming into contact with the end pieces of short, stiff and sharp strings rather than the middle of long, floppy ones. I think clipping back the strings is only a viable option where the guy is long enough to touch the strings but is not long enough to hit the cervix.

Just my twopenn'orth.

ShannonH

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Wow so glad I read this thread. My gf was looking for a while at the possibility of an IUD (after forgetting her bc once) but this really makes me come out against it. I thought since it was an intrauterine device, that means it would just be safely tucked away in the uterus. With a big, hard string dangling out it sounds like it would feel awful. I reach well past her cervical opening so there's no way that thing wouldn't just be chaffing me the whole time.

Every method has its pros and cons, so maybe I should just get her pregnant..

dickinchalotta

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've had my first experience getting poked by the IUD strings over the past month. My girlfriend had one put in about 3 years ago when she was still married. It is the most painful thing I've had to endure sexually. The top of my shaft, just below the head, was torn up. Red and swollen for a few days. I treated it with Neosporin which seemed to help.

After recovering for a few days, the same thing happened the next time we had sex. It feels so painful. Maybe I'm just being a baby about it, but its really made sex uncomfortable.

She's made an appt with her gyno to have it removed in a couple weeks. I'm counting the days down, as we've had to stick to mutual oral pleazh and sex with shallow pen in the meantime.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is in pain from the IUD!

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My penile encounters with an IUD were many years ago and devices may have changed. My experience was like that of ignatius. I didn't feel the IUD thread every time we had sex, and when I did it wasn't always uncomfortable, but when I hit it just right it could grab your attention. I never got visible sores or skin irritation from it, and at its worst, it never made me reluctant to screw.

The string is not "a big, hard thing" but more like a piece of monofilament fishing line: thin but stiff. I suspect that ignatius is right and shortening the suture too much might result in it sticking straight out of the cervix directly into the line of fire like a little bristle on a stiff brush.

Eco

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, now that my girl has gotten the Paragard and we've had some time to explore it:

She doesn't experience any discomfort other than the occasional bad angle thrusts that she did before (my bad).

Insertion pain for her was minimal, though she did have cramping for the next few days. She's 34, 5'2 and was sounded (a measurment of her uterus) at 7cm and has never had children. Her insertion happened about a week before her next menstruation was due.

She did have a little heavier flow than usual, and slightly worse cramping, but she didn't think it was anything worth reporting.

We initially took things slowly and added depth gradually. I could feel a little scratchiness when I passed her cervix, but it was minimal at first with the strings wrapped around the base of her cervix, but after her period the strings no longer were wrapped around her cervix. Last night and the night before they were irritating and chafed the sides of my shaft enough that I can tell that if we go for a little while longer I might end up with a wound.

Tonight I'm going to try to wrap the strings around her cervix...even though I'm pretty sure I'll just undo that once I "get going".

Somehow I'm gonna try to make that "hot"...wish me luck.

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Come on guys, man up. It's just a little fucking string and you are getting pussy.

In my opinion, screwing a gal with an IUD was well worth it, string or no string, if you didn't have to use a condom.

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As someone who works in a very large OB/GYN office that inserts dozens of IUDs every week we really don't get that many complaints. I would say one woman out of every 6 dozen or so has to come back to have her string trimmed. Most of our complaints are from new recipients and our docs urge them to give it a settling period. Most experienced docs know to leave the string a bit longer and that over time it will permanently curl or wrap itself around the cervix. Some docs cut the string too short initially and in this case there is no remedy other than to replace the device and leave the string longer. No woman has ever come in claiming that her mate was knocking it around inside her cervix and with good reason as this is impossible unless the device is placed incorrectly or it has become dislodged. If you or your partner actually feel the device you need to get it checked because the device coming dislodged while rare can cause problems. Out of all methods of birth control IUDs are the most economical form of birth control, especially the copper hormone free version. If it is what your girl has chosen I suggest being supportive, especially if the device is a new acquisition as it will take her some getting used to as well. The device does not affect sex in any position and if either of you are experiencing discomfort you either have a placement problem as mentioned above or you are imagining things. Address the issues as they arise and most of all have fun, because isn't it worth it to be able to have unprotected sex? (Only advised with monogamous partners as IUDs do not prevent STDs.)

Last edited:

upone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Come on guys, man up. It's just a little fucking string and you are getting pussy.

In my opinion, screwing a gal with an IUD was well worth it, string or no string, if you didn't have to use a condom.

That's how I feel about it, redbear52. It is at most a minor irritation. Years ago I had a gf who went to she her doc about it; the doc asked if she had hooked up with somebody who had a big cock. Get over it, guys.

Eco

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I don't really feel that there's something for me to "get over"...it is what it is, it does in fact cause some problems, why pretend it doesn't?

The IUD was something that I had suggested to her, and I've been most supportive of. I'm happy that she got it, it is indeed much better than the alternatives and while it is indeed just "some string" I have developed a consistently irritated band on the sides of my shaft from the strings...and once I'm chafed the strings are definitely uncomfortable. My girlfriend loves sex, she loves it many times a day...if I was only having sex 2-3 times a week and had a little more healing time it would probably just be something I noticed sometimes...as it is, she'll see the irritated parts on my shaft, she'll notice that I'm sometimes a little sensitive there and take things slower. It's not a dealbreaker, but it's a non-trivial thing in our case. That's the reality.

Last edited:

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
hmm, even after 6 months i could still feel the "string" hitting my cock. not a nice sensation, and hard to stay erect.
her Dr. said i was imagining things , as "no one should be able to feel it"... She finally had it removed thank god.

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Dr. even cut the string as short as she could after I complained of the discomfort to my partner, but it still poked me in just the wrong way.

We loved the idea of an iud, and she had no complaints, but in practice it didn't work for me. She (my x wife for the record) was also allergic to spermacide, latex and the pill, so we really wanted the iud to work badly! And I really tried to tough out out as best as I could.

Ended up having to go back to pulling out and watching her monthly cycle for birth control.

Last edited:

Nyseguy70

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had this problem, but it was uncomfortable for my partner mostly. Tried repositioning but didn't work. Eventually gave up on IUD and sex got so much better.

Eco

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Night before last my girl changed position and one wrong thrust hurt her really badly...she's been cramping and spotting ever since. :-(