Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The UK iss usually great at gay rights but ignore anything in other countries cept the US. That typical arrogance we have that nobody else matters.

Honestly, isn't that true for almost every country? Are LGBT issues really discussed in the media in the UK?
Here in Poland the issues from other countries are not covered as well. The only thing we hear on national TV is that "The increase of wealth in Polish households irritates Germans" (it's the literal news title clumsily translated by me). Meanwhile a software dev makes roughly the equivalent of the minimum wage in Germany.

I'm glad @michael_3165 that now you learned about the issues 1500km east :) Sadly, there is not much neither you or I can do about that.

Reactions: ActionBuddy

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Honestly, isn't that true for almost every country? Are LGBT issues really discussed in the media in the UK?
Here in Poland the issues from other countries are not covered as well. The only thing we hear on national TV is that "The increase of wealth in Polish households irritates Germans" (it's the literal news title clumsily translated by me). Meanwhile a software dev makes roughly the equivalent of the minimum wage in Germany.

I'm glad @michael_3165 that now you learned about the issues 1500km east :) Sadly, there is not much neither you or I can do about that.
If you are paying attention, everything going on in Poland is covered by the media in the USA. (Here's an image from American Media from 2017)
20245576_10211624406340317_4754159805403889349_n.jpg

Reactions: BZPrem

michael_3165

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

I've known about it since it came about. But it's cos I pay attention. Most don't..

Reactions: BZPrem

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is so weird that the homophobic Catholics of Poland make this into a political issue, while at the same time, their "Pope" declares that homosexuals are permanent members of their families, no matter what, and that same-sex civil unions are good, and should be accepted by all.

A/B

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is so weird that the homophobic Catholics of Poland make this into a political issue, while at the same time, their "Pope" declares that homosexuals are permanent members of their families, no matter what, and that same-sex civil unions are good, and should be accepted by all.

A/B

Not so weird. Catholicism is very much oriented around a tradition, and a deposit of doctrine. Catholics have an abiding, persistent sense of what Catholic doctrine is, a sense which transcends what any given leader has to say, even if it be the Pope. The official declarations of the Pope are indeed authoritative, but Catholics are accustomed to dismissing or even repudiating many of the Pope's unofficial remarks.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not so weird. Catholicism is very much oriented around a tradition, and a deposit of doctrine. Catholics have an abiding, persistent sense of what Catholic doctrine is, a sense which transcends what any given leader has to say, even if it be the Pope. The official declarations of the Pope are indeed authoritative, but Catholics are accustomed to dismissing or even repudiating many of the Pope's unofficial remarks.

In other words, Catholics are just as "two-faced" as any other run-of-the-mill religious bigot.

A/B