Pole dancing is not a crime, so why doesn't he like it?

beachbum1971

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Allow me to rephrase, I work out at a place that teaches pole dancing lessons. It's a great way to exercise and there is even a push to make it an Olympic sport. It's a lot like gymnastics, except there is a little more hip action!
We are having a competition in a downtown night club, and yes, everyone has clothes on, so it's not stripper stuff, it's a show.
No, I'm not competing, but many of my friends are and I want to go cheer them on. My boyfriend does not want to go with me. He said he thinks I'll get upset if he looks at the other women. I'm not the jealous type, and no one is getting a lap dance or anything like that!
How do I convince him to go as my date?

ThickMeatJacker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tell him he is a dumbass. You are telling him to go to a club and look at your friends pole dancing. What the heck? Sounds like a free pass to me. Plus like you say, you aren't going to get jealous about it. And seems like a good way to tell/show him what your skills are.

beachbum1971

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I failed to include that it's on a weeknight and he lives an hour away. Does that make a difference? I think I started an argument by posting. There are really some men who are not into this. :(

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
A guy whose Gf is giving him her blessing to go look at her and other women even if they are not exactly acting like strippers doing some pole tricks not jumping at the chance just because it is an hour away and a week night.

What an idiot the other 99% of us could only wish to have a GF that cool!

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
he'll get a boner watching them,
and feel non-you-induced-boner guilt all night.
and he will be confused by the lack over overpriced beer and flying $20s.
the constant strain of stopping himself yelling, ''off! off! oh yeah, baby!!'' may cause a brain aneurysm.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There's pole dancing and there's pole dancing. There's quite a difference between the gymnastic version and the erotic version. He's probably just confusing the two.

If it's going to cause an argument between you, it's probably not worth trying to get him to go - especially if it's an hour from home on a school night. Just tell him about it afterwards.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Maybe he thinks it is a test and you're trying to trick him.

Men can be a bit funny like that - probably with good cause with some women. But they apply it, unfairly, to pretty much all of us.

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Convo:

"Do you not like the idea, why? What makes you uncomfortable?"

[ Answer ]

"I see, well I won't force you to go."

[ Completion ]

He doesn't want to go; so the fuck what again?

beachbum1971

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's pole dancing and there's pole dancing. There's quite a difference between the gymnastic version and the erotic version. He's probably just confusing the two.

If it's going to cause an argument between you, it's probably not worth trying to get him to go - especially if it's an hour from home on a school night. Just tell him about it afterwards.

Thank you to everyone for your comments. There really is a difference between this pole dancing and a strip club. Yes, it's sexier than gymnastics, but no money flies around.
He is thinking about it and it turns out he's not upset that I posted this thread. He said it will be a tease, but I told him I'll make it worth his while after the show.... in private.