pole showers

lakecreeker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Those are real similar to what we had in high school and at the local pool, THe local pool still has them, along with shower heads on the surround walls of the shower pavillion. It is alway open roofed along with the changing area so if you want you can lay out naked on the benchs or loungers and soak in the sun.

NiceDude

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
ever been to a two sided urinal where guys face each other? there is one in some ball park but can't remember where now, was bit strange when i saw it. it 's two troughs separated by a low wall would not be good to be pee shy.

Yeah recently pissed at one of those at a very new entertainment complex, but these were urinals facing each other, with partitions, you didn't see a thing since the wall was quite high, seeing guys standing across of you was a bit weird, not sexual whatsoever.

Reactions: effedi7

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Used these in jr high, college, again in grad school (different school) and now in the gym I go to. They work fine. I actually prefer them to the wall-mounted shower heads, because it's easier to get a full-body rinse. And those shower rooms were always better lighted than the rowed ones, for some reason.

They were always enough of them, spaced out well enough, that even when the shower room was full (every day in jr high, and most days at college), guys aren't running into each other while they're showering. It's also very sociable to be able to chat with your buds while you're getting clean.

On a really busy day, we would have to wait for a shower to come free, but that was ok, too. I don't mind standing around naked, just being friendly with other guys standing around naked. You've got a body, you've got a butt, a cock and balls -- so does everybody else. Chances are you're not as special as you think you are.

I've dropped the soap, too, and it was NBD. Just picked it up, and went on. (Some of the pole showers have built-in liquid soap dispensers, so you don't need to bring your own bar.)

wilderness

Cherished Member
Media
i used the gym at a local community college recently and they had these pole showers. there were 3 poles and each had 5 or 6 shower heads but there was ample room even if each pole had six dudes showering at the same time.

it's a different experience than a regular rectangular wall type gang shower because you're staring right at the dude across the way. he sees you naked and you see him naked so it's no big deal.

auspoz

Expert Member
Media
There's a gay sauna nearby that I used to go to that has them. Picked up in them more than once. Hottest ever was a guy much shorter than me with a massive cock. You know the type who has one that looks bigger than him. He said "can I fuck you please?" What's a size queen slut to do, hey? Was a stellar fuck.

MilstarSD

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
2 of the gyms on bases here in San Diego have the pole showers but none of us are in there long enough to linger around. We get in, shower, and get out. I have no issues using these and if you elbow someone, its not a big deal...you usually step away from the shower heads far enough when soaping up you don't usually nudge anyone next to you.

MilstarSD

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Reactions: ActionBuddy

yes that does look ridiculous. It almost looks staged. That would draw more attention than showering with an erection. Nude or swim trunks are the only ways I've ever seen anyone shower.

I thought the same thing. Showering in any type of clothing is absurd, unmanly, effeminate, and childish. Real men shower naked and aren't afraid to do so around other men.

Have never seen any pole showers in the UK - has anyone come across them?

They still exist in Canada. I used them at my university athletic center when I was a student. The last time I was there, they still had a few of them, but ripped out the others to put in shower stalls which was a stupid move. They are cramped, mouldy, constantly not working and have the curtains ripped off and rusted at the rings. They are building a new athletic center, so it will be interesting to see what they do. The last time I spoke to the manager, he said that because of the large number of guys that use the facility (20,000 students on campus), they would need a gang shower in the new facility. I hope they change it back to the way it was when I was a student - completely open with shower poles.

Reactions: effedi7

Satsfakshun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Always used one in college in the 80's. Once a guy, kid actually but over 18, joined me on the other side. I smiled and said hi. He kept looking at me and then soaped up his rather nice cock until it was mostly hard. I was scared because we were in a public place. I've never enjoyed that situation, unless I was drunk and with someone I knew wasn't a cop. Anyway, I darted out and we made eye contact a couple times. Like I said, I was scared and didn't know shit about hooking up back then. It might have turned out to be a great pairing.

Reactions: Alpha.Male

shadow28

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Hot. I have had many experiences like that. If all of them had turned out to be real, I might be considered quite the slut... instead, for the most part, I keep those situations to myself and my memory.

Always used one in college in the 80's. Once a guy, kid actually but over 18, joined me on the other side. I smiled and said hi. He kept looking at me and then soaped up his rather nice cock until it was mostly hard. I was scared because we were in a public place. I've never enjoyed that situation, unless I was drunk and with someone I knew wasn't a cop. Anyway, I darted out and we made eye contact a couple times. Like I said, I was scared and didn't know shit about hooking up back then. It might have turned out to be a great pairing.