Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Pole showers are great. But any open shower will do. I have never liked the little shower stalls but that seem popular these days. It seems that older guys don't mind the open showers or using a urinal in a public place. I can't help but notice that most of the younger guys head toward a stall rather than a urinal. As has been discussed in other threads, there just seems to be a generational difference in preferences.

Reactions: Lucius2s1

The only pole showers I've ever seen were in movies.

And I've never seen a gym's showers filled to maximum capacity.

That's a shame man.:frown1: It's a beautiful sight to see so many naked guys together enjoying non sexual nudity with their fellow men. A few times at my Y, the open shower room has been filled to capacity, so a small line of naked guys formed just outside of the shower room waiting for a shower head to free up. I love being naked around other men in the shower and locker room. It is a masculine and liberating experience. :cool:

beach_bud

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yeah, but I've heard of guys starting their shower in the jock to rinse their jock out and avoid washing it every day. Then they'll usually take it off to wash their junk.
I always walk to the shower in a jock, then strip it off - it's a great way to draw attention to myself - dudes often watch me do it. Also do that in the steam & sauna - guys always watch me strip it off and show a nice semi.

I started doing a class at the athletics centre at my university last September. The shower room still has 3 pole Bradley showers which I always use after class. My class finishes at the same time that the wrestling team finishes practice, and those guys always use the poles like me. Usually the poles fill up quickly (5-6 guys a pole), so some guys have to use the stalls around the perimeter of the shower room. I have heard several of them complain about having to use the stall because they want to chat with their teammates around the pole while showering. They keep the shower curtain open, so they can continue talking with their buddies while getting showered. I fucking love it! It's great to see guys half my age so comfortable with nudity around other guys. It reminds me of my days as a student when the entire shower room was poles only. While I'm not part of their conversation, I love being surrounded by hot young naked guys chatting up a storm while I'm showering. Much more fun than showering alone!

hot showers

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have only experienced Bradley poles a few times in my life, and I thought they were great.

My gym has the more typical open shower rooms, with shower heads around the perimeter. I find that even with open showers, a sense of modesty can infiltrate the locker room environment. Some of us walk naked to/from the shower naked and have no problem facing outwards, but lots of guys will only turn outward for a brief back rinse and only walk naked to and from the towel hooks immediately next to the shower. This seems kind of silly...as if it's only OK to have your penis exposed if it's brief.

The amazing thing about the Bradley pole configuration is that by completely removing privacy, these silly social norms go away. It was an incredibly exhilarating feeling to know that whatever direction I faced, my penis was in view of a bunch of guys, and vice versa. I find that guys seemed more comfortable chatting with other guys and didn't needlessly avert their eyes. Once you realize that dicks are in sight everywhere, it's easier to loosen up about this stuff. Wish we had them in my gym

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have only experienced Bradley poles a few times in my life, and I thought they were great.

My gym has the more typical open shower rooms, with shower heads around the perimeter. I find that even with open showers, a sense of modesty can infiltrate the locker room environment. Some of us walk naked to/from the shower naked and have no problem facing outwards, but lots of guys will only turn outward for a brief back rinse and only walk naked to and from the towel hooks immediately next to the shower. This seems kind of silly...as if it's only OK to have your penis exposed if it's brief.

The amazing thing about the Bradley pole configuration is that by completely removing privacy, these silly social norms go away. It was an incredibly exhilarating feeling to know that whatever direction I faced, my penis was in view of a bunch of guys, and vice versa. I find that guys seemed more comfortable chatting with other guys and didn't needlessly avert their eyes. Once you realize that dicks are in sight everywhere, it's easier to loosen up about this stuff. Wish we had them in my gym

YOU ARE CORRECT. WE ALL HAVE COCKS AND WE ALL FUCK. WE ALL MASTERBATE SO WHAT THE FUCK IS THE PROBLEM? WHY ARE WE TRYING TO HIDE OUR COCKS? IT'S STUPID. WE ALL JUST NEED TO DROP OUR TOWELS SHOW OUR COCKS AND THEN BECOME BROTHERS AND ALL THE TENSION WOULD GO AWAY. WE KNOW WE ALL LOVE TO FUCK AND WERE CREATED TO FUCK SO BECOME FUCK BROTHERS AND DROP THE TENSION WITH THE TOWELS.

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You bring up a good point: who the hell invented the towel/underwear trick? It oughta be outlawed.

Seriously, what's so traumatic about showing the world your cock for a moment? You'd think these guys were ashamed of what ought to be their favorite organs.

It is there favorite organ. If any man would say it wasn't they would lie about anything else. It sure is mine favorite toy!

Reactions: S_Dick

needtonut

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
We had Bradley Pole Showers in junior and senior high school in the late 70s. Also had them at the local YMCA in OKC. Worked there in the mid 80s. UCLA had some in one of the older locker rooms in the early 90s. Can't remember if I've seen any lately. Presently, the YMCA downtown Dallas has a couple of large open showers, just one room with several shower heads around the room without any kind of dividers.

thick_

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
this fits here

Yes showered at many times at these, schools, gyms, camping. Never remembered it being crowded usually four shower heads. Not so much any more mostly shower stalls.

navywill83

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yes showered at many times at these, schools, gyms, camping. Never remembered it being crowded usually four shower heads. Not so much any more mostly shower stalls.

Do most camping bathroom facilities still have open showers? I haven’t been since going with my family in the late 90s.

Reactions: StaringIsCaring

cedarizzo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In elementary, junior high and high school, the showers were shower heads along the walls of the shower room.

When I went to college, most of the dorm had pole showers. My shy self that was just starting to come to terms of my sexuality was excited to try them out. Turns out that the dormitory I was assigned to was the only one (besides the big dorm that had private bathrooms) that didn't have pole showers. It was a smaller dorm and we had 4 shower stalls on our floor. I did get my shower pole excitement when I started doing to the college gym.

But the best shower poles were when I joined the YMCA. A few shower heads located on the walls, but most of the guys used the 4 shower poles. It was sad when they tore down that Y. The new one is stalls.