Police cars and Fire trucks Why why!!!!!

D_smack ash

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you notice while driving around.That if theres a police car in front of you,all the traffic around slows down and keeps away from it.The speed limit may be 30 or 35 and all goes 20 -25.You try to get around and they look at you like uh oh you will get caught.I dont know what other countries are like but this drive me crazy.On the same note.I drive fire trucks.And those same drivers wont stop or pull over and sometimes race you.Just dont get the driving mind sometimes.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I drive a truck, and I can tell you why. Only about 1 person out of 1000 has any business with a driver's license. There are more idiots on the roads than there are cars. Some don't know how to drive, and others are road rage idiots. Either case is disaster in the making.

It's really interesting when we get snow or ice. Seeing all those expensive SUVs through fences and into trees. When we have really bad weather there are dozens, even hundreds of wrecks. Usually at least a handful are fatal. Most could have been prevented, it's really sad.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I've noticed that, too. I also see drivers' tail lights when they approach an Authorized Vehicles Only crossover just in case there's a bear with a radar gun hiding in there.

It's irritating and unsafe.

I just set my cruise control at a legal, safe speed and drive right on past all of these idiots.

Make'nItLong

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I drive a truck, and I can tell you why. Only about 1 person out of 1000 has any business with a driver's license. There are more idiots on the roads than there are cars. Some don't know how to drive, and others are road rage idiots. Either case is disaster in the making.

It's really interesting when we get snow or ice. Seeing all those expensive SUVs through fences and into trees. When we have really bad weather there are dozens, even hundreds of wrecks. Usually at least a handful are fatal. Most could have been prevented, it's really sad.

Viking1, you are so correct. Too many idiots are allowed to drive!!

Pumblechook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Where I am from...

1) residential streets (25mph): doing anything over is putting yourself at risk to be pulled over

2) midspeed roads (35-55): it's safe to go 10 or fewer mph over posted speeds without getting a ticket

3) freeways: won't get pulled over for 10 mph over, but any more is risking it at an increasing level with increased speed; few people get ticketed on these roads in general though

So, in general, you can safely get away with 10mph over the posted speed limits. Any more is inviting a ticket as technically you only have to be 5mph over to be in violation. Since 5 is all you need for a ticket, I would never go over 5 over when driving right around a cop car. There is no reason to drive unreasonably slow or below the speed limit though.

dukey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I think it's fear of tardiness.

People won't pull over for another's emergency because they think their urgency is more important. These same people, however, will slow down to a crawl for the cop because they fear the 5-0 will look at his speedo and figure that anyone passing him is speeding. Thus causing them to be late.

LIkely this group would rather tailgate someone for 5 exits than pass them.

just a thought.
dukey