Police fire 50 shots at unarmed men!

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with you.....i also heard the men exclaimed they were armed.....i really wish it was possible to get an unbiased story bc otherwise all you get are opinions which are bullshit

And especially in this case it's a situation of a massacre where "dead men tell no tales". I think that's why in the face of irrefutable video and audio evidences (often times 911 calls and the like give that realistic account, but may be unapplicable in this incident), a latitude of benefit of the doubt has to be extended the police, simply because the system assumes innocent until proven guilty. Devoid of a confession, it's anyone's guess as to how it really went down, blow by blow.

As for video and audio evidences, this may be a product that I'd be certainly more interested in seeing available as an option in today's motor vehicles. That is, as opposed to a dvd lcd screen on the back of every seat/headrest, the same video & audio surveilance system that the Highway Patrol has installed in their squad cars. This way, let's say one gets pulled over and it's a matter of one's word vs another's as to what happened, play it back for the judge and be done with it. If it's a gross case of dwb or whatever, it'll be there for all to see. There might even be larger settlements involved that never even make it to the courtrooms. I don't know, any thoughts pro or con ?

B_capslock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I donp;t get where the confusion is? the driver had waved his gun around before. the police were traking him. The guy used his vehicle as a deadly weapon tword the cop. The cop responded as he is trained. You take anyone who is trained to kill, and have a target that they were tracking attack them, you sure as hell going to respond.

Now I donp;t know if the driver was being a punk or was jsut drunk and hot the cop. judging from how he hit the other vehicle, sounds like he was drunk. its unfortunate that he was shot, but the cops reacted to a situation that had turned violent. The driver initiated the deadly force. Cops have a right to defend themselves under that circumstance.

Now the issue of excessive force is open. however, anyone on the business end of a car hitting them would need an extreme act of will to resist "finishing" the job. Too bad weapons are too effective.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I donp;t get where the confusion is? the driver had waved his gun around before. the police were traking him. The guy used his vehicle as a deadly weapon tword the cop. The cop responded as he is trained. You take anyone who is trained to kill, and have a target that they were tracking attack them, you sure as hell going to respond.

Now I donp;t know if the driver was being a punk or was jsut drunk and hot the cop. judging from how he hit the other vehicle, sounds like he was drunk. its unfortunate that he was shot, but the cops reacted to a situation that had turned violent. The driver initiated the deadly force. Cops have a right to defend themselves under that circumstance.

Yeah...same way those LAPD cops defended themselves against Rodney King, or the way a dozen or so N.O. cops surrounded and defended themselves against a mentally impaired man (waving a knife around) by killing the hell out of him. Real hero stuff...

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
How many people are shot every year in the US?

Surprise, surprise. The U.S. Government does not keep statistics of the number of persons killed by the police in unjustifiable homicides or accidentally. The keeping of such stats was recommended in 1999. That was as far as that idea went to date.

And i'd fire 50 shots over an unarmed woman. ;)

It's all about equality.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Surprise, surprise. The U.S. Government does not keep statistics of the number of persons killed by the police in unjustifiable homicides or accidentally. The keeping of such stats was recommended in 1999. That was as far as that idea went to date.

"There are lies, damn lies, and statistics....."

As a whole, police are far more professional than their paycheck suggests. It's not easy working a demanding job for such a crappy system.

As for government, you are all being stooged worse than the three stooges.

Have a good one.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Says the man who quotes a very large amount of "statistical evidence" :rolleyes:

thats bc people on this board require 2000 cited references of idealized studies to believe anything rather than their stupid antecdotal evidence. You ask, I provide......its obvious you can make statistics show what you want but its up to the reader to actually understand and refute or accept based on their education

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a whole, police are far more professional than their paycheck suggests. It's not easy working a demanding job for such a crappy system.

As for government, you are all being stooged worse than the three stooges.

Have a good one.

Most people dont even understand that our government is supposed to be small and people are supposed to have more power than the government.....but in todays day and age and with everyone's belief of entitlement, that the government should provide their every need, is throwing the government far more power than they should have. our forefathers would be appalled that our government has turned into exactly what they set out to avoid

Most people dont even understand that our government is supposed to be small and people are supposed to have more power than the government.....but in todays day and age and with everyone's belief of entitlement, that the government should provide their every need, is throwing the government far more power than they should have. our forefathers would be appalled that our government has turned into exactly what they set out to avoid

Indeed.

We created the government, and we fuel the government. We got what we were told we wanted, and are now told by others we want something else.

In truth the government isn't providing much at all. We are the ones providing it.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Indeed.

We created the government, and we fuel the government. We got what we were told we wanted, and are now told by others we want something else.

In truth the government isn't providing much at all. We are the ones providing it.

There are providers and consumers.....problem is the consumer attitude is growing with few providing.....the concept amazes me that people expect a government to provide everything to them but have no concept where that ability to provide comes from

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
thats bc people on this board require 2000 cited references of idealized studies to believe anything rather than their stupid antecdotal evidence.

I'm unclear as to what you are saying here. Are you suggesting its as wrong to require repeatable statistical evidence as it would be to rely only on anecdote to draw conclusions?

Stupid consumers are forcing china to waste resources perpetually churning out crateloads of crap that doesn't even try to do it's job.

Did anyone know china actually made good stuff too? I've even visited a shop that sold top-end chinese equipment... sure it cost 10 times the cost of english stuff... but it was surpurb craftsmanship.

But no, instead of spending less of more, we are told we want to spend more of less. And we are indeed paying for it, as you will see in the quality of things in recent years.

And don't worry, dozens of people around of america eye-witnessed the truth and are ready to be cited.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Did anyone know china actually made good stuff too? I've even visited a shop that sold top-end chinese equipment... sure it cost 10 times the cost of english stuff... but it was surpurb craftsmanship.

Sure. Some high-end wristwatches that purport to be "Swiss made" actually come from China. The parts are milled in Europe but the actual assembly occurs in China.