political correctness

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by zaza, May 13, 2008.

1. zaza

zaza New Member

In this day and age of political correctness(gone mad in many instances), does anybody get offended about the stereo typing of different races and percieved penis size.

Is this an issue of racism in your opinion?

2. Biggin'

Biggin' New Member

yes. Just because Im white doesnt mean I have a big dick & good at math.

3. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Many folks are offended at the mere term "political correctness", much less the ideology. Most of us are ready to get over it already.... when do we admit and let go of the few bad apples in pursuit of Utopia. We're thrown individuality in our face every day, yet supposed to practice inclusion.... going against the grains of the species to attempt both (nee 2001: Space Odyssey)

4. punch

punch Member

Some stereotypes are true. Enough with all the b*llsh*t "political correctness". Truth is truth.

5. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:
    Few if any stereotypes are true, simply because you can't apply generalities of a group to all of its individual members. If say X ethnicity is hung, there will be some that fit that and some that don't. It doesn't make the statement true and it's foolishness to think that everyone matches the stereotype.

As for the OP, there are hundreds of threads on ethnicity and penis size, please read through all of those because you'll quickly get your answer that yes, the issue is still controversial and still much debated.

As for political correctness, I don't see any problem with it because I've always interpreted it as respect for others and the move away from stereotypes, discrimination and prejudice. It always seems the people most bothered by political correctness are the ones who are upset that they can no longer stereotype, discriminate or insult another person in a socially acceptable way.

6. B_retracted

B_retracted New Member

As someone who goes to the gym every day and sees plenty of dick, I can assure everyone that black men DON'T necessarily have the biggest dicks. They're no more likely to have a big dick than a white guy or an Asian guy.

Of course that doesn't stop dumb white bitches from going crazy over black dudes who they assume have a fire hose for a cock.

7. spunkyboy2008

spunkyboy2008 New Member

Albums:
    The trouble is some people can't (or won't) distinguish between differences of averages at a population level and at an individual level.

For example if you say that black men on average have larger penis size than whites and East Asians smaller than whites (as many studies have shown), they interpret it that all black men have large cocks and all Asians are small. The reality of course those are just the averages and there is a big overlap.
    Take a less emotive example: that men are on average taller than women. It doesn't mean ALL men are taller than all women: there is a big overlap and quite a few women are taller than quite a few men. But at the same time it doesn't make the fact that men tend to be taller than women less true.

Political correctness becomes Orwellian when it starts insisting people believe things that are obviously false, just for ideological reasons. If there indeed differences in size reported by studies, no amount of insisting otherwise is going to change it and it becomes like insisting people call the sky green. You just have to avoid assuming the general truth holds for all individuals.

8. zaza

zaza New Member

As for the OP, there are hundreds of threads on ethnicity and penis size, please read through all of those because you'll quickly get your answer that yes, the issue is still controversial and still much debated.

I`m not actually interested in ethnicity and penis size and what is debated about how accurate stereotypes are. What I am curious about is that these stereotypes exist, but they arn`t percieved as racist, or are they?

9. zaza

zaza New Member

Sorry, that first paragraph was suppose to come up as a quote from hyperhulk.

10. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm so sick of political correctness. Besides, politically correct people shouldn't discriminate against the non-PC. It would be rude to impose on someone's belief set. Oh wait...political correctness doesn't apply to any conservative or religious ideas, or the people who hold them (unless they're non-white, of course). I think much of my generation is tired of the generally agenda-driven, politically-charged political correctness of the present. One of the only things I think it has going for it.

As for cock-size stereotypes, I just think they're silly. I'm not in a position to be offended, so I can't really remark.

11. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    it's more sterotyping then racism
    racism would be if you said like it was wrong for a whiteman to have a big penis because he wasn't black so he didn't deserve to have a big penis or something

like if you were to issue a decree that no matter how big a white mans dick was he should only get to put 5" of it in a girl, that would be a racist law

however it is annoying to me

on the upside I have quite enjoyed having my way with women who "only have sex with black guys"
    once they get to know me, they are open about who they will sleep with :p

12. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    people can be insulted and desicrminated no matter what, the inability to use race or whatever individual reason isn't a real problem unless you are EXTREAMLY lazy
    anyway my problem with political correctness is it just does not go both ways
    if a woman at work says all men lie she is free to do it and if you complain to management you are lucky if they even ask her to avoid saying things like that again, if a man says all women lie he will be talked to by management even if no one around complains....
    people are able to have all black social clubs or all womens groups but an all male or all white club is labeled sexist or racist reguardless of what they do
    I could go start a club right now dedicated to helping black people find equality in society and if I made the club all white I'd be called a racist over it
    the problem with political correctness is it is assumed that if things are unequal it is ok as long as you are helping people who have a racial hard luck story in thier history
    if political correctness were truely EQUAL for all I would love it
    and really, it wouldnt' be called political correctness, it woudl be called manners

13. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Sorry, Hyper, this statement is pure bunk.
    You absolutely CAN apply generalities to groups of people. That is what the word means.

For example- human beings are bipeds.

That is a generality... and, guess what... like all well founded generalities, its true.
    Now, I have a nephew born without legs... but so what? That does not make the biped "generality" invalid BECAUSE its a generality.
    Use of that word, or of the word 'stereotype', TELLS you that it is a loosely accurate statement that reflects something true about MOST members of that generalization.

That is, the term 'generality' INCLUDES the information that not ALL traits specified are always present. Its not a definition... its a statistical correlation.

Further... YOU , as a human being, can not even live without generalizations; your innate ability to stereotype your experience.

Your mind seeks patterns, groups, classifies, and categorizes.
    It is how you make sense of reality.

When you see a guy wearing gangsta clothing, and gangsta colors and flashing gangsta signs.... you damn well had BETTER assume he's a gangsta.
    That assumption enables you to react in the way that will benefit you most.
    That doesn't mean the guy absolutely IS a gangsta...

The trouble is the poor education that results in folks imagining that stereotypes and generalizations are somehow "true" of everyone;
    The failure to recognize and accept that generalizations and stereotypes are simply provisional assumptions and are, by definition, PROVISIONAL.

The trouble is in the "feel good" PC mythology that people 'should not' stereotype, or that it is even possible for people to stop stereotyping.

Far simpler for folks to get down off their high horse and stop taking PERSONALLY statements that are collectivist and statistical in nature.
    It like taking offense at the statistic that Male American life expectancy is 75.- only an idiot would think that that meant that they could not die at 50... or that they could not live to 80.

The FACTS behind penis size and ethic type support the stereotypes.
    In fact, Asian men trend to the smaller side of average. They also tend to be shorter in overall height, too... The stereotype that asians have traditionally tended to be shorter than westerners is true despite the anomalous height of Yao Ming.

Due to the genetic legacy of steatopygia, African American males with that genetic origin have penis's that appear to be larger when flaccid.
    And, in general, African Americans tend to fall on the higher side of average.

That this is what statistical sampling shows to be true does not mean that there are no hung asians or tiny dicked african americans.

People need to quit getting their panties in a twist simply because THEY don't happen to fall on the statistical average.
    Its NO BIG DEAL.

Getting angry over stereotypes is nothing but the wish that you could control what other people think and say about you.
    Political correctness is nothing but applying pressure to control the expression of others.

And I have never met anyone who decries "stereotyping" who didn't actively seek to stereotype themselves in the ways that will lead other people to make the assumptions about them that they prefer.
    Izod shirts, driving a beemer, hairstyle, piercings or tattoos, Blue suit with red tie, odd ringtone....

Practically everything people do is an attempt to get others to think of them in the way they prefer to be thought of... to be 'grouped' in the category we see ourselves as part of.

Complaining about stereotyping is like saying that the trouble with breathing is the inhaling... exhaling is fine... but oh... the evils of that inhaling...

14. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Going against the grains of the species (whatever that means) used to be called 2001: A Space Odyssey??

I do believe, faceking, that several people offered to soundly spank you should you misuse 'née' again - so I'm off to tell on you :tongue:

PC means different things to different people and is, essentially, a load of old bunk. However a load of old bunk is marginally better than giving no social indication of what is an acceptable way of referring to someone or some group of someones. It is sad that so many people need guidance in how not to be offensive, but there it is.

15. lucky8

Gold Member

where's marley?

16. BigMeatNJ

Gold Member

Albums:

17. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

What you're speaking about are 'correlations'. Yes, it happens time and again that many people just don't seem to 'get it' when correlations are brought up. They think someone is trying to claim all this or all that. Correlations can be mild, moderate, or strong, depending on the factor. If someone brings up a correlation and uses the word "correlation", they are not trying to say it applies to everyone. If one speaks of a correlation, the politically correct person will unfairly or blindly change the word "correlation" into "sterotyping" and then proceed from there. There is no getting the term correlation across against such stonewalling. They are upset at any mention of differences.

18. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:
    My response did answer your specific question, but perhaps I wasn't clear enough. Yes, the stereotypes exist, many people believe that there is a link between ethnicity and race and they seek to apply that belief to all members of the various ethnic groups. Some people perceive those stereotypes as racist, some do not. I directed you to the many threads on this issue so you could gauge for yourself that the stereotypes exist and you could also read those who believe the stereotypes are racist and those that believe that the stereotypes are not racist. Those questions and issues are present in virtually every thread that touches on this subject.

19. HaagenDazs

HaagenDazs New Member

Nope. I'm black. So that's one of the few black stereotypes that actually works in my favor. :biggrin1:

When was "big dick" and "good at math" ever a white stereotype? lol.

20. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted