Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Politics' started by chillWEguy81, Aug 9, 2009.
I moved the body of this text to the Politics section
I agree with you 100%. Though if I may interject one more tid-bit... Decriminalize recreational usage of Marijuana and legalize medicinal Marijuana.
Since I was wondering the prevailing politics on this site, I thought I'd create a thread about it. Let's hear what you have to think. There's no right or wrong answers, all are welcome to contribute.
I consider myself a Blue Dog Democrat mostly (left-of center), but I agree with some moderate Republican views and a fair amount of Libertarian beliefs too.
Basically, I'm a social liberal and fiscal conervative.
-Very pro-environment and energy independence
-Support universal health care (but NOT single payer)
-Strong and capable military, but we must exercise restraint in use of military force
-Fully support LGBT rights
- Pro gun rights with reasonable laws to keep them away from dangerous people.
- Welfare needs to be a way of lifting able-bodied and able-minded people out of their current situation, and not keeping them there.
- All for ensuring anybody who desires an education can get one.
- Tax dollars must be spent wisely and no outrageous deficits (both Dems and GOP are equally guilty on this)
- Any tax break must be meant to help businesses, particularly small businesses, expand and grow and not line the pockets of the rich.
- Against corporate welfare (ratio to social welfare spending is 10:1) except in cases where long term benefits will be realized, such as government grants for green businesses.
- Nobody should be taxed excessively, but the rich can afford to pay a higher rate.
That's all I can think of for now. So let's hear from you.
I can't believe you said that.
I believe the non-medical use is behind the opening post
I believe in the primacy of life, and do not support investing things that exist only in the minds of smelly hairless apes with any value, hence, everything is evaluated, first, for its environmental consequences
Secondarily, when I do address the nonsensical mental constructs of said hairless apes, it's as a libertarian
Just as long as you realize that as a human yourself, you've also evolved from the primate species. Regardless of the smell, which we won't go into now.
Education in schools should be teaching self awareness and social interactions, not just parroting back what is fed to you.