• Total voters

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
political correctness is nothing new.

It used to be called FASCISM.

It is the antithesis of freedom of thought and freedom of speech.

It seeks to replace REASON with RULES.

It is the foundation for mandatory sentencing, which has resulted in rapists and murderers being released form jail,, because pot smokers are on mandatory 10 year stretches...

It is the foundation for "zero tolerance" policies that result in 8 year olds being expelled from school for having ASTHMA medicine in their bags.

And it is routinely used to enforce an agenda upon those who do not agree, under threat of financial or professional harm.

Its group-think idiocy for the intellectually handicapped... the socialization of opinions and expressions to the lowest common denominator of bland.

It is the triumph of mass stupidity over individual brilliance.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Without disrespecting anyone's views, opinions etc, i work for local government and truly feel oppressed in my views and opinions along with other collegues with fear of disciplinary and all being blown out of all proportion, i also work in a multi-race office and everybody is feeling the same way, we all hardly talk anymore, cannot wear certain jewelry i.e crosses, star of david etc, have xmas decorations up, send xmas cards on work premises, comments on somebody who's been away having a good tan that is definately a no go subject/.

Just seems so Big Brother am i out of order for thinking why is this happening ?

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think there are two areas where PC is warranted. One is religious expression from government employees. And the other is workplace sexual, race or cultural insensitivity.

Other than that, I don't know of any excessive PC going around.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think there are two areas where PC is warranted. One is religious expression from government employees. And the other is workplace sexual, race or cultural insensitivity.

Other than that, I don't know of any excessive PC going around.

I don't think the first qualifies as PC. Separation of Church and State is LAW... not political correctness.

And the problem with workplace insensitivity... is that only CERTAIN kinds of insensitivity are covered... its a knife that cuts only in certain directions.

COMPLAINTS of insensitivity can lead to firings, without any proof.

IF the standard is "anything that could offend" is the measure....
People can be offended by ANYTHING, and their taking offense is most often capricious and self serving.

In the most illuminating study on sexual politics... a group of actors were placed in professional situations where they had to be around female co-workers.

They had all been rehearsed to deliver a set of "lines" that had been culled from actual sexual harassment complaints... they were trained to deliver the lines with the same inflection, timing and body postures.

The results were damning.

Women considered the remarks harrassing in inverse proportion to the handsomeness of the person delivering the line.

Women found the comments made by schlubby looking men to be "insensitive' or 'offensive'.
But when the same lines were delivered in the same way by handsome, fit, well groomed men... women found their remarks "funny", "charming", and "intriguing".

They did the same test again... this time the handsome men were dressed and situated to suggest that they were low level employees, janitors, Mail room, etc... and the overweight, balding , doughy looking men were dressed like executives...

This time the women found the remarks made by the handsome men to be offensive, but the same remarks made by the apparently affluent and successful men to be "charming" "witty" and "engaging".

Its important to note that these results are not reflective of anything particular about "women" as opposed to men.... they used women because of the strong case histories of sexual harassment litigation involving female plaintiffs...

The study is indicative that ALL human beings employ sliding scales of approval and disapproval that are heavily influenced by their own agendas, self interest, and manipulativeness.

This is the reason that any "rules" intending to enforce Speech codes at work are simply idiotic and BOUND to be utilized in ways that are unfair, unequal, and capricious.

We need to demand that our citizens GROW UP and learn to accept that they have no constitutionally protected right to live Unoffended.

If you can prove that a company has a persistent history of hiring or promotional bias... sue them....

But if you don't like what some co-worker says...

repeat after me, ... " i'm rubber and you're glue......