Politics Discussion Forum (Temporary)?

Should we add a politics forum to LPSG

• Yes, and wait to determine if temporary or permanent.

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Yes, but remove after the US elections.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Yes, and make it permanent.

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • No, leave things in Et Cetera, Et Cetera.

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters

Rob_E

Cherished Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Should we add a politics forum, and should it be temporary, e.g. to be removed after the US elections?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh, GOD yes! I thought a few thread merges would be sufficient but you can go ahead and saddle 'em all up and put 'em in their own forum. Thanks for considering this.

D

deleted213967

I vote "Yes" on the Politics forum ballot initiative.

I vote "No" on the temporary nature of the Politics forum ballot initiative.

There will be plenty to post about between major elections.

For example, I suspect that a lot of members (the world over) will have something to contribute as the George W. Bush motorcade leaves the White House forever.

Rob,

You know full well that politics and sex have always been intertwined. Politics belong here too, and the thread traffic is the proof.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It might be nice to have it sectioned into the major nations and then one that captures other smaller nations as a bundle ? Some probably won't care too much about US politics as opposed to Zimbabwe or vice versa ?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For example, I suspect that a lot of members (the world over) will have something to contribute as the George W. Bush motorcade leaves the White House forever.

--smiling and grinning at the SAME time--
but..
Dont your US Presidents remain Presidents for LIFE

Life means Life' apparently..ha
enz

Agree wholeheartedly Rob_e

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Should we add a politics forum, and should it be temporary, e.g. to be removed after the US elections?

yes we should would save space and also wouldnt be posted in every forum like the past obama political stuff seem to be, as for me im all for it that way all arguments about reps and the dems, could be settled there not every where else. lol,

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes yes yes. Make it permanent too. Its a vast enough subject to hold its own forum easily. When the elections over there will still be lots of yapping about the new folks in power.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I voted "Yes, but remove after the US elections." - but I wouldn't be too upset if it became a permanent fixture, I wonder if it would get a little slow and easy to forget after the hype of the election. Time will tell, I suppose.

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I think that is a good idea, and I would make it a permanent forum as politics are discussed at all times, not only during US elections.

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
I say keep it until the end of the US elections, like MB says, it will get all slow and forgotten when things settle down.

Perhaps the forum should be taken down a month or so after the elections are over.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My first vote was to remove after the election. I quickly changed my mind & voted again for a permanent forum. But now Ive noticed the see how it goes option & I wanna pick that one instead! Is 3 votes being greedy? This is what happens when u give people too many choices!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
How do you change vote? Once I have voted on polls on this site I've never seen an option to change. Have I been missing something?

Yes - I wonder if my last post is more indicative of "Yes, and wait to determine if temporary or permanent" than it is of a remove vote... oh well - like Drifter pointed out - the majority, by a long way, is an overall YES - but at the time I'm posting this only 30 votes have been cast and more than 30 users post in Etc. at the moment.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I didnt change it but I could still see the vote choices so i just voted again. I dont know if they registered though. Either way its now stopped & I cant vote anymore. I needed to be stopped coz I was going vote loopy!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I voted to remove it after the elections...but as things are happening all over the world every day; if it was called World Politics, it could be a good addition.