Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Hey so, I've been wondering.
The politics section has been shut down almost a year ago. I think it should be time to get rid of it :) What do you think?

Also, do you think the harsh discussions, spam & hate disappeared since the section closed, or did it just scatter around the rest of the forums?

Reactions: deleted1311480

LPSG Simon

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Also, do you think the harsh discussions, spam & hate disappeared since the section closed, or did it just scatter around the rest of the forums?
It was more member-to-member conflict that was driving this (as a result of the harsh discussions). I think what you are talking about from this section certainly has calmed down (obviously). There were more reports in that one from any other forum, and the slice of members who were active there was disproportionately small compared to the rest of the site, so it was as huge drain on resources.

Regarding the housekeeping: Generally, we don't do much of in the way of that, because members still like to go back and review parts of the site they participated in. However, I have had my eye on a general housekeeping effort for the whole site for a number of places (for example the upgrade forum I started - we're past that really now, and it could probably fade away). It's an effort that would need some careful consideration.

Neijo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
It was more member-to-member conflict that was driving this (as a result of the harsh discussions). I think what you are talking about from this section certainly has calmed down (obviously). There were more reports in that one from any other forum, and the slice of members who were active there was disproportionately small compared to the rest of the site, so it was as huge drain on resources.
Thank you for the insight! :)

Regarding the housekeeping - generally, we dont do much of in the way of that, because members still like to go back and review parts of the site they participated in. However, I have had my eye on a general housekeeping effort for the whole site for a number of places (for example the upgrade forum I started - we're past that really now, and it could probably fade away). It's an effort that would need
Good thing to know. And yes I get that :)
Maybe some kind of archive would be a nice way to keep the content but get it out of the prime light :) if there is any need for that.

Reactions: deleted1311480