Politics

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by avalonlovelove, Aug 8, 2007.

?

Forgive me I don't know all the names but who do you think will be the best president

1. Oback Obama

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Hillary Clinton

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. John Edwards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. avalonlovelove

avalonlovelove New Member

Does anyone actually trust any of the candidates that are nominated?Obak Obama seems more in it for the attention.Hilary you can't tell if she is making empty promises or not,the rest of them are about the same.I wish just once we could have a president who is honest and forthright.We need a president we can actually trust and just my opinion before I get raked over the coals but Bush definitely ain't it.He can't pronounce words correctly,he was caught not even wearing a seatbelt by paparazzi when he is supposed to be a role model.Plus of course there is his issues with gays which he has a lot of nerve especially considering what he is done to the economy and our country.I wonder if any of the candidates will be supporters of gay rights or gay marriages?It really does make you think.It seems to me that everything that comes out of the candidates mouths is BS.We have had presidents who have maken broken and empty promises before.Does no new taxes ring a bell?Bill Clinton definitely screwed up but he was a lot better than Bush.What are everyones thoughts about this topic.Positive and negative feedback welcome.:smile: :rolleyes: :bsflag:

2. witch

witch Member

I ask myself...is my family and I better off right now because of a Republican in the White House, the answer is NO.

Will not be voting Republican, so I’ll wait to see what the Democrats have to offer after the weeding out.

3. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

Is this Obak Obama the cousin or brother of Barack Obama? How do you plan to vote if you don't even know the candidates names?

4. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm an Obama man now, but anything can happen.

5. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    You need a poll option for None of the above.

Or, if you want to state it more accurately: All of the above are shite.

6. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

What he said.

7. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I like Kucinich, but he probably doesn't stand a chance.

Of the ones who do stand a chance, I'd probably go with Obama.

I've been personally harmed by Republicans' policies, so I don't see myself going that way anytime soon! I lost my longest term job (working for the state) two years ago, because of policies by a newly elected Republican governor (and no, I was not the only person affected by this - it was a rather massive layoff), and have had trouble financially ever since.

I also was very nearly unable to go to college because of Reagan's cuts in student financial aid. My parents had to make sacrifices that they should really not have had to make.

(and don't get me started on the Rep's record on women's rights! :mad: )

Draft saved Draft deleted