Poll: Are Feminists Also Marxists?

Choose which one describes you

• Total voters

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am a feminist and also have a great respect for Marxist thought, which I apply in some degree to my overall worldview - that's just me.

Feminism has many shades, Marxist-feminism being but one and not so influential that one should conflate the two, imo.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am a feminist and also have a great respect for Marxist thought, which I apply in some degree to my overall worldview - that's just me.

Feminism has many shades, Marxist-feminism being but one and not so influential that one should conflate the two, imo.

This is a poll in response to a claim made my Quiet_Man where he said that Marxism is a common belief among feminists. To establish if this is a fringe phenomenon or not, I thought a poll would best settle the matter.

Haven't you never even noticed that so many Feminists are also Marxists?

Last edited:

B_quiet_man

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Petite, are you deliberately being obtuse?

Your poll is idiotic, and you are only making yourself look stupid.

I never, at any time, said that all feminists are marxists.

What I did say was that second wave feminism was heavily influenced by Marxist philosophy and methodology. The two ideologies do overlap too, and there are people who belong in both camps, but I never stated that all feminist are marxists.

Here is evidence from Domestic Violence expert Erin Pizzey, who set up the world's very first Women's shelter. She was there at the start of second wave feminism, and talks about it in this video.

Erin Pizzey on Feminism - YouTube

Last edited:

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media

Same here!

Sociological perspectives and theories can help us better understand complex social issues. In a certain female-related thread, somebody is being criticized for mentioning Marxist theory, but Fuzzy welcomes it, and any other theory about gender inequality.

It's silly to suggest that all feminists are Marxist, but one can't ignore the overlap with Marxism and some second-wave feminist theories. Since it seems that second-wave feminism is pretty much dead (but not yet buried), Fuzzy wonders why it's used so often in arguments about feminism.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
*snip*
What I did say was that second wave feminism was heavily influenced by Marxist philosophy and methodology.
If even one feminist is influenced by Marxist thought, what difference does it make??

Unless this is just some sad attempt at Red-baiting, Marx's influence is merely the chosen framework/perspective an individual uses to develop theories or beliefs about the world. If your contention is Marxism + Feminism compromises perspective, creating a gendered victimology that paints men only as evildoers - you're wrong. Such behavior is all down to the individual, not feminism or Marxism as a whole.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have been a feminist ever since I became socially aware. Steinhem was my role model, not Marx!

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Petite, are you deliberately being obtuse?

Your poll is idiotic, and you are only making yourself look stupid.

I never, at any time, said that all feminists are marxists.

What I did say was that second wave feminism was heavily influenced by Marxist philosophy and methodology. The two ideologies do overlap too, and there are people who belong in both camps, but I never stated that all feminist are marxists.

Here is evidence from Domestic Violence expert Erin Pizzey, who set up the world's very first Women's shelter. She was there at the start of second wave feminism, and talks about it in this video.

Erin Pizzey on Feminism - YouTube
you just don't learn, do you?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, he said this:

Haven't you never even noticed that so many Feminists are also Marxists?

Then I made the poll.

Then he backpedalled.

Then he came over here and called me names. :rolleyes:

All because I made a poll to ask a question.

hsarge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Marxism is an economic theory about the ownership of the means of production and the distribution of wealth. To my knowledge feminism is about the equality of opportunity between the sexes. The fusion of the two was only made by those who wished to paint the equality of women as communism, just to red bait.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If even one feminist is influenced by Marxist thought, what difference does it make??

Unless this is just some sad attempt at Red-baiting, Marx's influence is merely the chosen framework/perspective an individual uses to develop theories or beliefs about the world. If your contention is Marxism + Feminism compromises perspective, creating a gendered victimology that paints men only as evildoers - you're wrong. Such behavior is all down to the individual, not feminism or Marxism as a whole.

I was just making a poll to see if what he said was true. :shrug:

It did seem like red-baiting to me.

I get a feeling that he doesn't like it when women disagree with him, and he hates the idea of being proven wrong by a woman even more... He didn't even wait to see if it did or not. He sure did over-react to it.

Last edited:

hsarge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The proof that this is name calling is that 'feminist Marxist' and 'feminazi' are both used to denigrate women who seek equality. Marxism and Facism are diametrically opposed, but both are used interchangeably to bait women.