poll on oral hygiene

bravesoldier

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This poll might be a first but here goes. In complete honesty, on a daily basis what are your normal oral hygeine practices? Rather, practices you do most, no matter how little or much. Be honest. If this thread goes anywhere I'll share later why I ask. Thanks.

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
This poll might be a first but here goes. In complete honesty, on a daily basis what are your normal oral hygeine practices? Rather, practices you do most, no matter how little or much. Be honest. If this thread goes anywhere I'll share later why I ask. Thanks.
Always floss. Usually twice a day. Make sure to brush often, too. The last thing you want is halitosis.

Reactions: Gj816

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
While I admittedly have not been obsessive-compulsive about oral hygiene compared to other areas, like bodily hygiene, I have tried to take more care of my mouth as I've gotten older seeing as how I'm genetically prone to cavities and over the years have likely helped send the children of several dentists through college.

With that said, I always brush at least twice a day, once when I first wake-up and once before bed. On days I work, I will also brush a second time after eating breakfast and before leaving for work. Though rarely, sometimes I will also brush a third time during days off should we be going out somewhere and I've eaten some food or substance that might be particularly offensive like something with onions or garlicky. Regardless, I always follow-up a brushing with mouthwash or if before bed, a fluoride rinse.

Any morning or mid-afternoon brushing is admittedly a quick affair, while with a before bed one, I brush much more thoroughly for at least a full minute or two.

All this is by way of a manual toothbrush as I never cared for either electric ones or a water irrigator and it is usually the cheapest no frills soft brush that I change every few months. Despite every dentist's advice and lecturing, I never floss unless something is stuck between my teeth. It just always seemed like it was too anal-retentive, too much work and usually resulted in a mouth full of bleeding gums.

I would be curious to eventually hear why you ask, although if it has anything to do with oral sex & hyenine, that's an issue I of course have no concern about other than the occasion flavor saver smell of pussy on my upper lip :laughing:.

Reactions: Darklord986

yohan238

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Brush and floss twice a day, sometimes use a tongue-scraper, and swish
Pretty much the same for me, if I'm at home and heading out I'll usually brush a third time. I've also started chewing gum with xylitol a lot more too, I didn't realise it could reverse cavities. I went to the dentist a few weeks ago and he took the watches off certain teeth and told me he wouldn't need to see me again for a year.

Despite every dentist's advice and lecturing, I never floss unless something is stuck between my teeth. It just always seemed like it was too anal-retentive, too much work and usually resulted in a mouth full of bleeding gums.

508C1B8C-7159-47F2-8D6E-622A85CE2C1D.jpeg

D

deleted814719

Electric toothbrush twice daily. Floss almost every day

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Electric toothbrush morning and before bed. Waterpik several times a week.

Wish I had started much earlier; I pay the price now with various dental issues.

I come from a large family and barely received any dental care at all .

Last edited by a moderator:

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mouthwash first thing in the morning to get rid of that awful first thing mouth feel.
Floss, then brush after breakfast with an electric toothbrush that beeps every 30 seconds so that I switch quadrants: 2 minutes total time.

If I have fish for lunch, I will brush again then.

Always floss, then brush again at bedtime.

No cavities in decades with this program.

TrueB2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Floss, Water Pik, Mouthwash, then brush with an electric toothbrush followed by brushing my tongue. I floss after every meal, water pik twice a day, and brush twice a day

vas

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Waterpix and electric tooth brush each morning. I don't eat sugar, so that is usually enough. I don't use antibacterial toothpastes or mouthwash. That is like ingesting an antibiotic each day...continually killing the good bacteria and the bad bacteria takes over.

Reactions: 51arledge
D

deleted1074483

electric toothbrush, morning after breaky, just before bed, do it once with just water and then once with toothpaste. I use an interdental stick rather than floss (plant based so will rot down) maybe every other day and a tooth harp after to get right down in between my teeth particularly my bottom fangs ;-)

bravesoldier

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
While I admittedly have not been obsessive-compulsive about oral hygiene compared to other areas, like bodily hygiene, I have tried to take more care of my mouth as I've gotten older seeing as how I'm genetically prone to cavities and over the years have likely helped send the children of several dentists through college.

With that said, I always brush at least twice a day, once when I first wake-up and once before bed. On days I work, I will also brush a second time after eating breakfast and before leaving for work. Though rarely, sometimes I will also brush a third time during days off should we be going out somewhere and I've eaten some food or substance that might be particularly offensive like something with onions or garlicky. Regardless, I always follow-up a brushing with mouthwash or if before bed, a fluoride rinse.

Any morning or mid-afternoon brushing is admittedly a quick affair, while with a before bed one, I brush much more thoroughly for at least a full minute or two.

All this is by way of a manual toothbrush as I never cared for either electric ones or a water irrigator and it is usually the cheapest no frills soft brush that I change every few months. Despite every dentist's advice and lecturing, I never floss unless something is stuck between my teeth. It just always seemed like it was too anal-retentive, too much work and usually resulted in a mouth full of bleeding gums.

I would be curious to eventually hear why you ask, although if it has anything to do with oral sex & hyenine, that's an issue I of course have no concern about other than the occasion flavor saver smell of pussy on my upper lip :laughing:.
Glad this thread is going somewhere. Long story short (hopefully) is I have always been very concerned about my oral hygiene and the possibility of bad breath. There are different smells for bad breath but the worst smell, as I'm sure most people have encountered is that smell that can and will make you gag, (it happened to me recently.) If I pin describing this odor let me know, lol, but I think of it as an acidic, rotten odor that is the absolute most offensive odor out there. It can also be smelled sometimes several feet away; I have encountered that too.

So, the reason I ask is simply this- I smell this foul, excruciating odor on so many people's breath that it is plain not funny. I have dealt with this odor on myself (regretfully) until I learned that oral hygiene IS NOT something to ever skimp on. It's like a lot of people obviously think they just don't need to worry about doing "complete" oral hygiene every day. I guess they think as one told me once, (a family member whose breath would lay you six feet under) that you'll "be ok" with only a good two-minute brush and good mouthwash rinse. This person's tongue is three inches deep with white build up too..

What do you all think..? Is it that so many think a good tongue cleaning simply isn't necessary but once every couple of months and flossing is a waste of time? Sometimes it seems that way to me, as often as I'm gagged by sewage smelling breath.

Lastly, the pandemic and wearing of masks was a good lesson for me. Even though I'm rather exhaustive about oral hygiene I didn't give much thought or credit to flossing. One morning during the pandemic I got out of the truck at work and slipped on my mask. Mind you I had just brushed, thoroughly cleaned my tongue and rinsed with mouthwash well. The first exhale with the mask on, I was floored and almost in disbelief of the smell.

So, end of the story for me was when I started flossing well on a daily basis the last bit of bad odor went away. I then could mask up, exhale and there was no odor. I learned what good oral hygiene is simply doing what hopefully all are taught. Brush, clean tongue, floss and use mouthwash well every day and more often when you need to.

Yep, I came close to vomiting upon smelling someone's breath once recently. The smell was that powerful and provoking and there's nothing worse than to be blown away by it.

Thanks for your responses.

Reactions: Gj816

SquatsNDeads

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sadly the long and short of it is this, as confirmed numerous times by someone who encounters 20 people a day at her job—my oral hygienist (and also confirmed each year when the CDC does sample swabs of the keyboards at random ATMs and find the top-level contaminant to be human fecal matter vs rhinovirus etc): Most people are pigs (and they have no idea or think they are.) The stories she has told me would make you never interact or touch another human ever again. I can also (unfortunately) detect these individuals via smell whenever they are at my gym too.

Cosgood

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I brush every morning and night. I try be to take my time and do a decent job. I'm not the best flosser but I'll use one of those pick things a few times a week.

ebsocks

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yup, first when I get up,brush with an electric toothbrush and then with a manual toothbrush, floss and mouthwash rinse. I brush with a manual toothbrush when I get home from work and then brush with an electric toothbrush before bed. Any time I feel something caught in my teeth I will floss and brush outside of my regular routine. I also use two different types of toothpaste, one full mouth oral hygiene and the other a whitening toothpaste. Clearly this is important to me. :blush: