Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
*rubs hands together* Oh, MoT - it's only a matter of time before you & I book a room with Maxcok or the man of your choice.....mwa hahahahaha......

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I bow before your superior jacking skills and proclivities, sir.
Oh, thank you. But really, there is no need. I'm but a humble knight of the realm - the kingdom of LPSG. Please, arise good sir.

*rubs hands together* Oh, MoT - it's only a matter of time before you & I book a room with Maxcok or the man of your choice.....mwa hahahahaha......
Goodness, that was unexpected! I hope Maxcok returns. MoT's missing him. Upon his return, we shall book that room.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What I mean to say is...

Reality can only come from what I perceive, and what the reality of what I believe to be the common perceptions of many, whether accurate or not. My perceptions may be inaccurate and have nothing at all to do with reality. I choose my own perceptions and my own reality.

Ignore previous post MoT.....

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And in your sorry wake you leave only sunlit uplands of happiness and ecstatic moans.

We know all about choo, MoT.
:redface: Mr Hhuck needs to keep his voice down. Those sort of things should remain between a man and his trousers.

What I mean to say is...

Reality can only come from what I perceive, and what the reality of what I believe to be the common perceptions of many, whether accurate or not. My perceptions may be inaccurate and have nothing at all to do with reality. I choose my own perceptions and my own reality.

Ignore previous post MoT.....
All very interesting, Ms LaFemme. Even a false perception can be a happy one. *ignores :tongue:*

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
THIS IS TOO FUCKING DEEP.

Anywho...

- Is perception reality? - Yes.
- Is my perception my reality? - Yes.
- Is my perception your reality? - No.
- Is your perception my reality? - No.

Since a perception, of, for example, a situation, is highly a personal one - the only person it can be real to, as in reality, is the one person who has that perception.

But my perception can also fool me. When we dream we have a sense of perception which can feel all too real, like our reality, but it's not. It's fabricated by our mind. Though you could also say it is real, our reality, BECAUSE it's fabricated by our mind and therefor we live in it, making it our reality for that moment as we percieve it. When we awake, we have a new perception with a new reality.

So.. wait.. omg.. who's to say that now when I'm awake it's the 'true' perception? The 'true' reality? Maybe I'm dreaming right now? Maybe I'm only fabricated within the mind of a mental patient who's locked up in a white room trying to create a better world for himself, without the pain? Maybe I myself have been in an accident and I'm in a hospital right now, laying in a bed, in a deep sleep, a coma-patient whos brain is trying to cope with the trauma and from there has created my world, my 'reality' as I percieve it as a way to deal with eveything? Is my 'reality' made from dust within someones mind? Am I not 'real'? Am I only in someones fantasy?

..OMG. Am I only a character within a The Sims game, doing as I'm told be a invisible, controlling hand? Am I only dreaming, is my perception part of Inception?

SEE, I TOLD YOU, TOO FUCKING DEEP. Damn it.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
THIS IS TOO FUCKING DEEP.

Anywho...

- Is perception reality? - Yes.
- Is my perception my reality? - Yes.
- Is my perception your reality? - No.
- Is your perception my reality? - No.

Since a perception, of, for example, a situation, is highly a personal one - the only person it can be real to, as in reality, is the one person who has that perception.

But my perception can also fool me. When we dream we have a sense of perception which can feel all too real, like our reality, but it's not. It's fabricated by our mind. Though you could also say it is real, our reality, BECAUSE it's fabricated by our mind and therefor we live in it, making it our reality for that moment as we percieve it. When we awake, we have a new perception with a new reality.

So.. wait.. omg.. who's to say that now when I'm awake it's the 'true' perception? The 'true' reality? Maybe I'm dreaming right now? Maybe I'm only fabricated within the mind of a mental patient who's locked up in a white room trying to create a better world for himself, without the pain? Maybe I myself have been in an accident and I'm in a hospital right now, laying in a bed, in a deep sleep, a coma-patient whos brain is trying to cope with the trauma and from there has created my world, my 'reality' as I percieve it as a way to deal with eveything? Is my 'reality' made from dust within someones mind? Am I not 'real'? Am I only in someones fantasy?

..OMG. Am I only a character within a The Sims game, doing as I'm told be a invisible, controlling hand? Am I only dreaming, is my perception part of Inception?

SEE, I TOLD YOU, TOO FUCKING DEEP. Damn it.
:eek: Deep indeed! Mr Hhuck has wandering, invisible hands - so watch out. :tongue: Very interesting! Personally, I consider a dream to be a part of my own perception. As it is my subconscious thought-processes that have created that dream. Also, as I can feel the distinction between my dreamworld and real-life - I think I can confidently say that I am now awake, now feeling real feelings and sleeping real sleeps. But, that's just my silly opinion. :smile:

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:eek: Deep indeed! Mr Hhuck has wandering, invisible hands - so watch out. :tongue: Very interesting! Personally, I consider a dream to be a part of my own perception. As it is my subconscious thought-processes that have created that dream. Also, as I can feel the distinction between my dreamworld and real-life - I think I can confidently say that I am now awake, now feeling real feelings and sleeping real sleeps. But, that's just my silly opinion. :smile:

It's interesting you write "(...) now feeling real feelings", I'd say that the feelings within your dreams are quite real as well. Since you actually do believe you're in that reality when you're dreaming, the feelings (atleast for me) that you feel, do feel all too real. For example if I'm having a bad dream.. either of me being hurt or, better yet (not really) if my mother is being hurt or the like, I've often woke up with tears in my eyes, still feeling sad or devastated as I wake up. I find that quite.. extraordinary actually. That my own mind can trick my... own mind.. into thinking that it's real and actually produce those reactions (tears, feelings of sadness) even when I'm not in a conscious state.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's interesting you write "(...) now feeling real feelings", I'd say that the feelings within your dreams are quite real as well. Since you actually do believe you're in that reality when you're dreaming, the feelings (atleast for me) that you feel, do feel all too real. For example if I'm having a bad dream.. either of me being hurt or, better yet (not really) if my mother is being hurt or the like, I've often woke up with tears in my eyes, still feeling sad or devastated as I wake up. I find that quite.. extraordinary actually. That my own mind can trick my... own mind.. into thinking that it's real and actually produce those reactions (tears, feelings of sadness) even when I'm not in a conscious state.
Oh yes, the feelings you feel when dreaming are very real. As they are formed from your subconscious/unconscious mind. My point about "feeling real feelings" was meant to explain how I know that 'my world' (and all it's dreams) is not controlled by an invisible force. Unless you're suggesting that our dreamworld and real-life world are both controlled by this invisible force? That this force has overall control and power over us? Sounds like religion to me. :wink:

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh yes, the feelings you feel when dreaming are very real. As they are formed from your subconscious/unconscious mind. My point about "feeling real feelings" was meant to explain how I know that 'my world' (and all it's dreams) is not controlled by an invisible force. Unless you're suggesting that our dreamworld and real-life world are both controlled by this invisible force? That this force has overall control and power over us? Sounds like religion to me. :wink:

OR THE SIMS. It could be The Sims too.